• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The All New Spyborgs *Trailer inside*

CapKraig

Dascu said:
You know, I got to tip my hat to Capcom. This looks a lot better than the original. I'm actually pretty interested in it now, after watching some of the gameplay videos. Good job.

Thanks a bunch. Lots more to show you guys -- I'm glad you're interested!

CapKraig

Taker666 said:
It looks far better than the first trailer..but the characters still seem very bland to me.

Surely they could have thought of something a bit more original than a musclebound male with robotic arm, a female Ninja and a big robot.Hopefully there will be some decent humour and personality as the characters just seem a bit of a nothing at present.

There is some real nice subtlety in the animation, particularly with Bouncer (and 86, the boss, actually.) Maybe it is hard to see it in the trailer.

CapKraig

Vinci said:
This.

Sounds stupid, I know, but that was a pretty major redeeming quality for me.

Singing fish can definitely be a redeeming quality, lord knows I've dated a few. You never know if they'll make it in the game somehow...

GDGF

Soothsayer
My only complaint is that the female Ninja (what's her name...vendetta or something?) looks a tad generic. Maybe lose the mask (or replace it with something that has a bit more flair) and make the movement of her hair more dynamic or something.

billy.sea

Banned
I think in order to make people feel it being less generic, Capcom needs to promote just the main character of this game to make it memorable and make people attach to its design.
Because I still can't really tell which is the main character of this game, is it that big purple/grey robot? It feels like one of the many weak enemies hanging around in the earlier stage of a Ratchet game.

That black/red robot actually more interesting in terms of design. Maybe they can make a bad-ass robot game in line with Devil May Cry.

Eteric Rice

billy.sea said:
I think in order to make people feel it being less generic, Capcom needs to promote just the main character of this game to make it memorable and make people attach to its design.
Because I still can't really tell which is the main character of this game, is it that big purple/grey robot? It feels like one of the many weak enemies hanging around in the earlier stage of a Ratchet game.

Yeah, Ratchet had funny, memorable traits. Take those away and people probably would have passed on it, thinking it was some kind of shovelware.

Hopefully this game has a lot of humor like R&C does.

CapKraig

billy.sea said:

That black/red robot actually more interesting in terms of design. Maybe they can make a bad-ass robot game in line with Devil May Cry.

I understand what you mean -- most games fixate on one character. In this case, however, the team is the star, rather than just one character.

And Bouncer (the purple-black) is my favorite, actually! (Area-effect damage FTW)

billy.sea said:
I think the difference may be the fact that they originally called the game's team a team that "had not side kicks". Even now from that trailer I can't really say who the "leader" is (The Ninja girl sometimes looks like she is framed in the "leader spot" as well as the gun guy (Stinger?). Than theres the end where Bouncer(?) is the one standing in-front of the Boss and not Stinger. Just picking this apart from a active viewer's PoV . . . it doesn't tell me that any of the characters seems more important than the other ).

I thinks thats pretty unique, it's what first got me interested and redeemed abit of the crappy art style. (As in, "if it were to become a cartoon than I would hope they would keep that in the transition". Thats what I thought when I read up on it back then)

CapKraig said:
We internally think of it as DMC meeting Ratchet & Clank.
Sounds good. Like I said, it reminds me of Ben 10, R&C and Jak. I guess the DMC bit means there will be more focus on fighting than I had thought before hand (I lke the bit IGN said about the upgrades affecting the character's appearance. I always like that.)

Edit- Seems like I was beaten.
Anyway, I hope Bouncer still acts like a child. Brainless-attack-robot doesn't seem like a great character to see as a "team mate".

legend166

I thought this was going to be a platformer?

Now I'm sad.

This looks like Warrior Within to the original Prince of Persia.

Except this time the original wasn't actually released.

Davey Cakes

legend166 said:

Now I'm sad.
For some reason, the 3D platformer genre seems to be dying. There are very few high-quality 3D platformers out there right now, which is sad, since games like Psychonauts and Super Mario Galaxy are not only well-crafted, but they're also just some of the most fun and interesting games you'll probably ever play. They are proof that games don't have to play it safe to the point of being generic in order to be fun and memorable.

Alas, we're truly in an age where shooters and action games (brawlers included) are dominant.

Rash said:
For some reason, the 3D platformer genre seems to be dying. There are very few high-quality 3D platformers out there right now, which is sad, since games like Psychonauts and Super Mario Galaxy are not only well-crafted, but they're also just some of the most fun and interesting games you'll probably ever play. They are proof that games don't have to play it safe to the point of being generic in order to be fun and memorable.

Alas, we're truly in an age where shooters and action games (brawlers included) are dominant.
You would think Mario Galaxy's quality would have inspired other developers to try and match it, but instead it had the opposite effect, where it seems developers just went "Well, can't beat that, why even try?"

legend166 said:

Now I'm sad.

Rash said:

Just wanted to jump in and ask . . . when was this seen as a platformer?

I thought it was a "Action/ Advanture game" when it was revealed seeing as the trailer showed no plateforming.

Davey Cakes

Black-Wind said:
I myself never saw it as a platformer. But, I think both of the styles that the game has gone through would not be offensive to the platforming genre.

Black-Wind said:
Never. It was always supposed to be an action game.

Here's the original press release from last year:
SAN MATEO, Calif. — June 3, 2008 Capcom® Entertainment, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Spyborgs™, a new action game coming exclusively to the Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo. In Spyborgs, players take on the role of a diverse team of five bionic superspies in a fight to save the world from a group of dastardly villains. Wii gamers will be set to save the world when the game launches in 2009.

The first title developed by Bionic Games™, a newly-formed development team comprised of former Insomniac Games and High Impact developers known for their work on hugely popular franchises Ratchet and Clank™ and Resistance: Fall of Man™, Spyborgs is a unique action-adventure game set in a stylish world that resembles a Saturday morning cartoon. Engaging players in team-based challenges designed to utilize 2-player co-op play, Spyborgs takes the theme of “team” to a whole new level of fun. In Single-player mode the “team” theme continues as players jump from one member of the superspies’ team to the next, rapidly tackling different challenges designed around each character’s unique abilities. Fast, addictive gameplay, unique controls offered by the Wii Remote™, and a storyline that refuses to take itself too seriously, Spyborgs will provide players with a dynamic and fresh gaming experience like no other

“Our goal is to maximize the potential of the innovative Wii Remote while delivering a new paradigm in cooperative game play,” said Michael Haller, president, Bionic Games, “We also wanted to bring a lot of humor to the game which we feel we have accomplished. This game will make you laugh — for all the right reasons.”
Players jump between the identities of a team of five bionic superspies to combat a rogue squad of wacky, dysfunctional super villains. Each character has unique powers to match their super-spy skills, such as heavy firepower, martial arts, bladed weaponry, acrobatic skateboarding skills or pure robotic destruction. This cast of characters may make a misfit group individually, but by utilizing them as a team, the Spyborgs will have the power to save the world – if they don’t blow themselves up first! Spyborgs’ tongue-in-cheek action and compelling interactive cartoon theme keeps players engaged from the first episode to the last with one of the most fun and entertaining games to be developed for the Wii system.

I'm not sure why publishers have decided "core" games on Wii have to be brawlers (when they're not rail shooters that is). Don't get me wrong, I think it's positive to see more decent software coming to the Wii, but I'd personally like to see some adventure/platforming games with more in-depth level design among the more combat focused arcade style beat 'em ups.

Anyway, the game's looking better graphically, but the lead character designs are pretty vanilla. I'm filing this one under wait and see for now.

CapKraig

Black-Wind said:
I think the difference may be the fact that they originally called the game's team a team that "had not side kicks". Even now from that trailer I can't really say who the "leader" is (The Ninja girl sometimes looks like she is framed in the "leader spot" as well as the gun guy (Stinger?). Than theres the end where Bouncer(?) is the one standing in-front of the Boss and not Stinger. Just picking this apart from a active viewer's PoV . . . it doesn't tell me that any of the characters seems more important than the other ).

I thinks thats pretty unique, it's what first got me interested and redeemed abit of the crappy art style. (As in, "if it were to become a cartoon than I would hope they would keep that in the transition". Thats what I thought when I read up on it back then)

Sounds good. Like I said, it reminds me of Ben 10, R&C and Jak. I guess the DMC bit means there will be more focus on fighting than I had thought before hand (I lke the bit IGN said about the upgrades affecting the character's appearance. I always like that.)

Anyway, I hope Bouncer still acts like a child. Brainless-attack-robot doesn't seem like a great character to see as a "team mate".

Bouncer does. His animations do the talkin'.

CapKraig

Black-Wind said:

It regards to DMC, it actually nods more than just saying fighting=DMC. The combo counter, some of the ways the characters chain moves, etc. The devs and Capcom US are big fans of the series, so why not?

AniHawk

billy.sea said:
Still very generic to me. Some developers just don't have the kind of artistic talent in them to make interesting character design. This is what we call Tech Monkey vs. Art House.

This game is going to be another Jak, Star Fox, Dewy's Adventure, Opoona, Billy Hatchet etc level game, as compare to Ratchet or Megaman.

Fixed

CapKraig

GrotesqueBeauty said:
I'm not sure why publishers have decided "core" games on Wii have to be brawlers (when they're not rail shooters that is). Don't get me wrong, I think it's positive to see more decent software coming to the Wii, but I'd personally like to see some adventure/platforming games with more in-depth level design among the more combat focused arcade style beat 'em ups.

Anyway, the game's looking better graphically, but the lead character designs are pretty vanilla. I'm filing this one under wait and see for now.

After prototype, we looked at what was the most fun and had the most promise, gameplay-wise, and really built and deepened it. With Spyborgs, that was the brawling. There is no assumption that 'core' gaming has to be brawling at Capcom, at least.

CapKraig said:
After prototype, we looked at what was the most fun and had the most promise, gameplay-wise, and really built and deepened it. With Spyborgs, that was the brawling. There is no assumption that 'core' gaming has to be brawling at Capcom, at least.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I always value getting some perspective straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. Your description makes perfect sense, it's just easy to feel from a consumer perspective like a limited number of genres get a disproportionate amount of attention on Wii while a whole spectrum of others are languishing. That several noteworthy "core" games have gone the direction of the brawler is probably coincidence, but from an outside perspective it reads as a trend.

That's not to needle you guys- I can imagine the incredible amount of effort put into making the best product possible, and I don't question the good intentions of the team. It's obvious that genuine care is going into this game from the media that's popping up, and it's usually a good sign when people involved feel compelled to chime in and defend their work. ;) That's why I'm interested to see how this final product turns out. I'm just crossing my fingers that the level design is varied enough that it doesn't end up descending into repetitive button mashing, and that local co-op and an overall high level of polish set it apart. If it delivers on those fronts consider me lined up on day one with cash in hand.

Vagabundo

Nice to see some input from a Dev.

This game came out of the blue for me and has some of that old skool charm about it- double dragon sprung to mind for some reason. I could see me and my brother sitting down to play this.

I'm hoping this is a hit, the Wii audience need to encourage Dev effort. I can smell the love that went into cooking this from here.

It's on my radar, keep up the good work.

m3k

John Harker said:
Nope.

416wD9z2FIL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

i would really like another game with this setting or something

back on topic: yeah spyborgs looks ok, if somewhat bland

looks like it would be made into a saturday morning cartoon

Nice from Capcom to respond to us. Think the Game looks great for a Wii Game, but i already liked the Prototype ;) Nice to hear that there ist still some humor inside. Can t wait to see more.

gamingeek

It's a big improvement over the initial unveiling. The only problem I see is that its has spiffy graphics but otherwise sort of looks very old school. The kind of thing you used to play in arcades.

I wonder how long it is? I wanted a platform or adventure game, not sure how a fixed camera brawler appeals to me unfortunately.

CTLance

CapKraig, thanks for posting. I have to admit that I'm not entirely convinced yet, but it's good to see you guys are working hard on the game. I hope it'll pay off.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
wow wow wow, where did this come from?

apparently in diametrical opposition to the overall tone in this thread, i had completely dismissed this game from the early footage, not expecting anything from it.

and today i see a polished brawler, with incredibles-style direction and an accomplished fighting system? color me deeply impressed!

*fixes his auto-tracking magnifying glass right onto spyborgs*

so, when can we expect it in NA?

CapKraig

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I always value getting some perspective straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. Your description makes perfect sense, it's just easy to feel from a consumer perspective like a limited number of genres get a disproportionate amount of attention on Wii while a whole spectrum of others are languishing. That several noteworthy "core" games have gone the direction of the brawler is probably coincidence, but from an outside perspective it reads as a trend.

That's not to needle you guys- I can imagine the incredible amount of effort put into making the best product possible, and I don't question the good intentions of the team. It's obvious that genuine care is going into this game from the media that's popping up, and it's usually a good sign when people involved feel compelled to chime in and defend their work. ;) That's why I'm interested to see how this final product turns out. I'm just crossing my fingers that the level design is varied enough that it doesn't end up descending into repetitive button mashing, and that local co-op and an overall high level of polish set it apart. If it delivers on those fronts consider me lined up on day one with cash in hand.

Thanks. I think some amount of needling is always fair game, and quite frankly, makes for a good discussion. I could see where you were coming from, and so I wanted to describe how to where we got where we were. Level design is always a big challenge in brawlers -- in much part because so much of it is, well, brawling. Only way to get that right is to iterate the hell out of it and to have enough base mechanics / enemies to keep things interesting. I think we're in good shape there.

CapKraig

blu said:
wow wow wow, where did this come from?

apparently in diametrical opposition to the overall tone in this thread, i had completely dismissed this game from the early footage, not expecting anything from it.

and today i see a polished brawler, with incredibles-style direction and an accomplished fighting system? color me deeply impressed!

*fixes his auto-tracking magnifying glass right onto spyborgs*

so, when can we expect it in NA?

I think the marketing types have cleared us to say "Coming in 2009". At least that gives some of window, eh...

Maybe more info on the date at E3? We'll definitely be showing more of the game. Lots more to reveal.

CapKraig

CTLance said:
CapKraig, thanks for posting. I have to admit that I'm not entirely convinced yet, but it's good to see you guys are working hard on the game. I hope it'll pay off.

Don't blame or expect you for not being sold yet. We haven't shown a ton..This is just the initial reboot reveal.. to show you all where we're going with this. E3 should be another nice chunk...

CapKraig

plank said:
action platformer to arcade beat em-up. What a turn around.

It hasn't been without a bunch of pain, love, sweat, and other bodily fluids. The team has really been kicking all form of ass. I've been really impressed with what they've done.

CapKraig said:
Don't blame or expect you for not being sold yet. We haven't shown a ton..This is just the initial reboot reveal.. to show you all where we're going with this. E3 should be another nice chunk...

Good to hear.
Quick question, if I may. Are you still including the little weird commercials like in the original trailer?
The game looks good (as I said earlier), but I was also interested in the little breaks with in game commercials.

CapKraig

gamingeek said:
It's a big improvement over the initial unveiling. The only problem I see is that its has spiffy graphics but otherwise sort of looks very old school. The kind of thing you used to play in arcades.

I wonder how long it is? I wanted a platform or adventure game, not sure how a fixed camera brawler appeals to me unfortunately.

You never know how long it will be until you actually have the pacing and final level count down. Aiming for something reasonable, certainly. I would tell you a better number if I knew one. Just bein' honest.

CapKraig

AceBandage said:
Good to hear.
Quick question, if I may. Are you still including the little weird commercials like in the original trailer?
The game looks good (as I said earlier), but I was also interested in the little breaks with in game commercials.

Yeah. A lot of people kinda wondered about those at Captivate 09. The best answer I can give you is that we all liked those -- they just didn't fit in the new design. They felt out of place.

But maybe if we can find some way to let them live on in some corner of the game... who knows what the team may do with them...

CapKraig said:
Yeah. A lot of people kinda wondered about those at Captivate 09. The best answer I can give you is that we all liked those -- they just didn't fit in the new design. They felt out of place.

But maybe if we can find some way to let them live on in some corner of the game... who knows what the team may do with them...

Yeah, I can understand that, since it's a complete overhaul of the entire game design.
Glad to hear you guys liked it as well. I appreciate it when developers decide to do something out of the ordinary for a game.

blu

CapKraig, i'm content as the game looks in a pretty advanced stage. just whatever you do from here till the end - don't listen to gaf! ; )

just do what you guys are best at - making games, and let the public decide how well you did after that.

EDarkness

Since a dev is posting in this thread, I figured I'd throw in my 2 copper.

Looking at this game, I don't have any reason to get excited. I love beat 'em ups, but I'm tired of cartoony/kiddie looking games on the Wii. At first it was cool, but now it's getting to the point where I ignore them. It's obvious that the developers aren't trying to get me as a customer. As a small developer myself, I understand how it is on the other side, but I'm just not interested in kid/family friendly games anymore. I don't understand why so many Wii games have to have this kind of look. A shame because as I said, I love beat 'em ups.

Anyway, best of luck to you guys. I will say the new look is better than it was at first. So you guys deserve some props for that.

blu

EDarkness said:
Looking at this game, I don't have any reason to get excited. I love beat 'em ups, but I'm tired of cartoony/kiddie looking games on the Wii. At first it was cool, but now it's getting to the point where I ignore them. It's obvious that the developers aren't trying to get me as a customer. As a small developer myself, I understand how it is on the other side, but I'm just not interested in kid/family friendly games anymore. I don't understand why so many Wii games have to have this kind of look. A shame because as I said, I love beat 'em ups.
not picking on you or anything, but your post did make me wonder.

so you claim you love the genre, but when you see a seemingly polished brawler you dismiss it based on the art direction being family-friendly? note the use of 'family-friendly', and not 'bad'.

will you dismiss in the same manner oboro muramasa? because i wouldn't mind my kid playing that one, either.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
After MadWorld and No More Heroes, and Deadly Creatures, I'm not entirely sold on another brawler style game. However, co-op is a huge drawcard and if it plays well it will be hard to resist.

I just hope there is plenty of content. I don't really expect brawlers to be lengthy, but I do expect there to be plenty of reasons to go back; unlockables, secrets, features, fun factor, etc.

Make it happen and I'll be there.

noonche

CapKraig said:
We internally think of it as DMC meeting Ratchet & Clank.

Apart from the aesthetic, I don't really see any similarity to R&C. It reminds me more of a brawler like Marvel Ultimate Alliance. At least judging by the videos.

CapKraig

EDarkness said:
Since a dev is posting in this thread, I figured I'd throw in my 2 copper.

Anyway, best of luck to you guys. I will say the new look is better than it was at first. So you guys deserve some props for that.

Dunno, I haven't seen any games that look anything like this one on the Wii... Could you point me to them?

CapKraig said:
It regards to DMC, it actually nods more than just saying fighting=DMC. The combo counter, some of the ways the characters chain moves, etc. The devs and Capcom US are big fans of the series, so why not?
Hum, if thats the case than I can't wait to see some clearer combat vids from the devs (All we have are the trailer and the IGN vids which looks like a intro to the actual game-play. Doesn't really show how unique or deep you all are making the game out to be)

CapKraig

Black-Wind said:
Hum, if thats the case than I can't wait to see some clearer combat vids from the devs (All we have are the trailer and the IGN vids which looks like a intro to the actual game-play. Doesn't really show how unique or deep you all are making the game out to be)

IGN seems to have some stuff where they taped us doing the gameplay presentation. Could help you judge for yourself.

EDarkness

blu said:
not picking on you or anything, but your post did make me wonder.

so you claim you love the genre, but when you see a seemingly polished brawler you dismiss it based on the art direction being family-friendly? note the use of 'family-friendly', and not 'bad'.

will you dismiss in the same manner oboro muramasa? because i wouldn't mind my kid playing that one, either.

Let's put it this way...

Colorful and such is great. I have no problems with that. But how many of these kinds of games does the Wii have? Not including Nintendo's games, we're talking about a lot. When someone is thinking of creating a 360 game, do they think, "we need to make this more colorful and 'family friendly'?" I own Muramasa and I'll admit I haven't played that long. That style is great and it's really a dark game with a lot of style. Not only that, but it's 2D hand drawn stuff. I don't think that's the same thing with this game.

Not to go off on a tangent because it's obvious people like the new style and I don't want to rain on their parade. Just that from a personal perspective, I'm tired of this idea that Wii games must be colorful and "family friendly". Why can't the Wii get a game in the same vein as this one, but look like Devil May Cry or something like that? It doesn't need blood or anything like that, but this colorful happy stuff is starting to become the norm. What happened to variety? That's all I'm getting at.

I can see the same thing from the 360/PS3 perspective. The new Bionic Commando is coming out and it's trying to be realistic when a much more colorful and "cartoony" direction would have probably suit the game best. Where are their happy, fun, colorful, family friendly games?

Don't get me wrong, I try to support good games. I've been doing it this whole generation. I've spent way too much money on games, especially Wii games, but I'm getting to the point to where the looks are starting to blur and I'm ready for a different direction. Perhaps the game is good, but when competing for dollars, doing something different should be most important. In my opinion, of course.

CapKraig

EDarkness said:
Let's put it this way...

Colorful and such is great. I have no problems with that. But how many of these kinds of games does the Wii have? Not including Nintendo's games, we're talking about a lot. When someone is thinking of creating a 360 game, do they think, "we need to make this more colorful and 'family friendly'?" I own Muramasa and I'll admit I haven't played that long. That style is great and it's really a dark game with a lot of style. Not only that, but it's 2D hand drawn stuff. I don't think that's the same thing with this game.

Not to go off on a tangent because it's obvious people like the new style and I don't want to rain on their parade. Just that from a personal perspective, I'm tired of this idea that Wii games must be colorful and "family friendly". Why can't the Wii get a game in the same vein as this one, but look like Devil May Cry or something like that? It doesn't need blood or anything like that, but this colorful happy stuff is starting to become the norm. What happened to variety? That's all I'm getting at.

I can see the same thing from the 360/PS3 perspective. The new Bionic Commando is coming out and it's trying to be realistic when a much more colorful and "cartoony" direction would have probably suit the game best. Where are their happy, fun, colorful, family friendly games?

Don't get me wrong, I try to support good games. I've been doing it this whole generation. I've spent way too much money on games, especially Wii games, but I'm getting to the point to where the looks are starting to blur and I'm ready for a different direction. Perhaps the game is good, but when competing for dollars, doing something different should be most important. In my opinion, of course.

Hmm.. I actually think of Spyborgs as stylized, not "colorful" and "family friendly." I assure you that no respecting creative director or artist, at least on this team, thinks "Hmm.. is this family friendly or colorful?" before they set out to make their art.

I think we think "Does this look cool [Yes/No]" That's the gating measure.

EDarkness

CapKraig said:
Hmm.. I actually think of Spyborgs as stylized, not "colorful" and "family friendly." I assure you that no respecting creative director or artist, at least on this team, thinks "Hmm.. is this family friendly or colorful?" before they set out to make their art.

I think we think "Does this look cool [Yes/No]" That's the gating measure.

The problem is that so many Wii games these days have this colorful "stylized" look. Just look at the new Wii Madden. Or what about EA's Tennis game? Let's not forget about MySims, Zack and Wiki, Lego games, We Cheer, Boom Blox, Rabbids, tons of shovelware, etc. EA is probably the biggest culprit, but that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of these kinds of games for the Wii. Madworld is stylized, but in an interesting way. I also thought House of the Dead Overkill was a fresh look...main reason I picked both of those games.

Again, nothing against you guys. Keep doing what you're doing, but it's just a little something that has irked me recently. I won't lie to you, I won't be picking this up, but if people are happy about it then, that's great. I figured I'd share my point of view since there was an avenue for doing so.

turk128

EDarkness said:
As much as you say there doesn't need to be blood or anything like that, what you really want is a more 'hardcore' or 'mature' game. It's clear from the start that this was not the intent of this game.

You also seem to think that making the game stylized is some type of creative crutch; it takes a hell lot more exercise of the creative muscles to make a stylized game. The realistic style that's so prevalent in the HD consoles is the equivalent of wearing black to a fashion show.

EDarkness said:
Let's put it this way...

Ya know, I had a edit for what I thought you all was talking about but now that I see what you mean I have to say I respect your opinion and agree with you to some level but in this case I completely diss-agree.

When it comes to "action/ brawler" games on the Wii they are clearly few and fare between. But when we get them they seem to either be super styled up ultra-violent games that don't "push the tech" because they ride on the art style and blood (NMH/ MadWorld. IGN's Matt. C seems to want more devs to follow that road on the Wii but I don't want every Wii game to have a wacky style inorder to run away from having to push the tech) or they pull something like Deadly Creatures (IMO the art style was boring and a more cartoony "grim tales" look would have looked better . . . and the game seems to be buggy as hell so the polish was lacking in more than one area).

I love seeing a action/ advanture (or "brawler") game on the Wii that looks really well polished and doesn't try to hide from pushing the Wii (tech wise) by making a off-the-wall art style. Much like how I love seeing colorful games on the HD twins when they come along (PoP4/ ToV are 2 that come to mind).

Top Bottom