• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Apple iPad | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lawblob said:
Isn't that like saying you're glad the Ford Festiva only goes 60 miles an hour because it prevents you from getting speeding tickets?

IMO, all arguments in favor of no multitasking just sound.... sad
I wasn't... oh what's the point. *sighs*

Chorazin

Gary Whitta said:
Source for the Don't Panic lock screen, please!

I'm not sure where I got it, but I have it on my iPad at home so when I get off work I'll upload it to PhotoBucket and post it here!

LCfiner

RubxQub said:
...now that I've posted this, I just realized that there's no reason to have the iPod app in the dock, as I'll only be using videos.

I just realized this now as well. I have no need for the iPod to be in the dock. I'll probably replace it with twitteriffic or NYtimes.

(or civ rev)

Just trawled through Google Images to try and find some images that could be cropped into iPad wallpapers that could work both horizontally and vertically... made these. I dont know if there are decent enough for anyone to use, but what the hell.

I dont even have an iPad yet. Dammit Europe!!!

epu0o.jpg

t52bsi.jpg

fchfn.jpg

2l8gmew.jpg

oau8sx.jpg

245apeb.jpg

xwx93.jpg

2vcgrut.jpg

...and one portrait one too (black part might fit nice around dock, but I cannot be sure)

jt9cuc.jpg

I can understand people that grow to like the lack of multitasking, even if there is plenty of Koolaid behind some of those sentiments.

Sometimes its limitations themselves that breed creativity. So I can see how some people look at what they're doing differently because they're being forced to.

But I wouldn't heap praise upon the minds of Apple for it. This device still needs some level of multitasking for IM and other functions to be a flexible device.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
NullPointer said:
I can understand people that grow to like the lack of multitasking, even if there is plenty of Koolaid behind some of those sentiments.

Sometimes its limitations themselves that breed creativity. So I can see how some people look at what they're doing differently because they're being forced to.

But I wouldn't heap praise upon the minds of Apple for it. This device still needs some level of multitasking for IM and other functions to be a flexible device.
Some people's prayers may be answered tomorrow! Should be a fun thread.

CzarTim

I need to stop coming in here, Warpgate is making me want it more. How does it play?

I might break down and get one soon. Gen 2 be damned.

mrkgoo

LCfiner said:
I'll post my homescreen when I get back home.
till then i was wondering if folks could list what they've done to the dock. you can now have 6 apps there. do you fill it up. what apps have you placed in your dock.

for me:

Safari
mail
things
Netnewswire
iPod

two non-apple apps in the dock. never did that with the iPhone. also, I don't have 6 apps down there like i thought I would. felt too busy, especially in portrait mode with only 4 app columns above it.

I noticed a 3 app dock in a post above. any particular reason for that?

I'm very particular with what I have in my Dock. It typically represents what the device 'means' to me.

iPod Touch:
Music, Videos, Photos, Settings
- I always have settings in the dock,a s I'm constantly going in and out of there. The device for me was primarily a media device, so that reflected in my dock choices.

iPhone:
Phone, Messages, iPod, Settings
- Again, it was a phone, and I liked having access to those features in the dock. It was also my primary iPod. I also really liked the aesthetics of the simple coloured icons.

iPad:
Safari, Mail, Photos, iPod, Settings
- to be honest, I think the iPod will not be used all that much, but it was default there. The iPad is a tablet internet device for me.

I'm also very particular about the apps I have. What apps have you guys bought and will keep on your device?

Apart from default apps:

iBooks

Pages, Numbers, Keynote ($9,99 each) (I don't really have much of a use for Numbers on the go, but I thought I'd complete the set).

Wikipanion: I was actually debating about whther I needed a dedicated wikipedia app, since Safari full is available (for example, I do not use the Neogaf webapp, preferring to use the full thing). But Wikipanion is really good.

Wordbook ($1.99): My favourite dictionary app on the iPhone. It doesn't necessarily have the best definitions, but it works in a pinch and has a couple of neat features, the best one being able to forward any word search to a built-in browser pointing to websites of your choice (ie wikitionary, wikipedia, google, etc). I downloaded dictonary.com, but I couldn't tell which one was the iPad version in my iTunes, so I never synced it.

Papers ($13.99): I have the Mac app. It's basically iTunes app for scientific PDFs. Has online libraries, spotlight indexing, PDF file management and metadata organisation, and also wireless sync, that more or less works like iTunes (better in some ways, as it's wireless). NOt perfect, but also works great as a PDF viewer.

Adobe Note drawing thing: I dunno - simple, and may come in handy.

Brushes ($9.99): I debated over this vs. Sketchbook Pro, and went with this, as it had a replay mode. I'm just in it for the fun, so the simplicity and fewer options lets me concentrate on just messing about.

Skype, BeeJive, Converter, Darkness, iStat, Speedtest.net: iPhone apps. I'm actually liking these as iPhone apps. These are all small tools that I just need to load up to quickly see something, so I don't need it to be huge (an iStat update would be nicee, though). Having it in a small window is actually very widget-like.

Twitterrific ($4.99): I have this on all my machines and devices. I just figured I'd stay consistent. Bought the full version, too.

Weather Station Pro ($1.99): I just wanted something simple and widget like. I have Weatherbug Elite for iPad, but it's really US centric, and kind of complicated for my needs.

Epicurious, ImdB, ABC Player, MArvel Comics: mostly to play around with.

Light Trac: Let's me know the direction of the sun. Mostly for fun, it was free anyway.

SoundHound ($4.99?): I already had this, and it was nice to have this upgraded to universal. I wasn't going to put it on, as I don't think it's as useful on the iPad, but well, if they were going to do it for free, I thought I would.

Photoboard HD ($2.99): I had the iPhone version and liked the implementation as a toy. It's basically like a MS surface for photos. Throw photos around and manipulate them with multitouch. It was a goos 'show-off' app for the iPhone, and more fun on the bigger screen.

Molecules: A 3D atom viewer for biological molecules. It was slow on the iPhone, and with a bigger screen with better processor is much better. Actually pretty worthless, since there are next to no viewing options, but it's a useful demonstration of what might be possible should someone decide to make a proper viewer.

Angry Birds HD ($4.99): One of my favourite games on the iPhone. How could I not upgrade? If I go through all the levels again, I'm bound to get my money's worth.

Creeps HD ($3.99): See above. I'm a little disappointed that some of the graphics are actually upscaled and end up pixellated.

Flight Control ($4.99): See above. More features, but I haven't actually tried it yet.

Real Racing ($9.99): An odd buy for me. It's technically proficient, but even on the iPhone I rarely played it, despite buying it for full price on launch. I like it as a tech demo, and keep telling myself I'll play it, but as games keep coming out I never do.

Scrabble ($9.99): An even better implementation than the iPhone version. I had the UK iphone version, which has the original board, as opposed to the more modern bright board, but the US version has a dictionary, which is cool. Really cool.

Tetris ($7.99): I always get tetris if it's even a vaguely good version. I liked the iPhone version, but it was missing endless mode. This version rectifies that, and also has D-pad controls which are pretty good. It does feel weird to be playing on such a huge screen (I have to hold it out further than usual, which is extra tiring). This is somewhat awkward, as it feels like an over-sized handheld. Supposedly the original Tetris music is in there, but I don't think I've heard it yet.

Air Hockey (free).

Hearts Net ($4.99): I had this on iPhone and it was a free upgrade. It's actually kind of weird on the iPad as the cards are not scaled so look really small.

Iso Cards (free): just to play.

Stuff: I've put on the wait list (mostly because eI simply can't afford to spend so much on apps at launch):

Plants V Zombies ($9.99): I never finsihed it on the iPhone, so hard to justify another game at the moment.
PhotoGene ($4.99): I would get this, but without an actual camera, what am I going to edit?

Also, just curious is there a coverflow view for the iPod app?

PSGames

Can Pages owners PLEASE go to the app store and complain about no menu in landscape mode? It's inexcusable to have to constantly rotate the device just to insert a bullet point, insert a tab or alter any text. Such a huge oversight.

PSGames said:
Can Pages owners PLEASE go to the app store and complain about no menu in portrait mode? It's inexcusable to have to constantly rotate the device just to insert a bullet point, insert a tab or alter any text. Such a huge oversight.

You mean landscape.. yep.. I'll do it.

The menu is only available in portrait.

Wow, 3 months go fast when you are buried at work! I can see that everyone missed me. :D

NullPointer said:

I personally think the differences in sentiment depends on perceived value. I for one, would not complain about lack of multi tasking, closed system, lack of pen if this thing was starting about $250. At that price point, a lot of things are forgiven, but @ $500 and above, you really need to justify the cost to those who are not drunk on the cool-aid.

LCfiner

nice big post, mrkgoo.

I guess it's an obvious point but, yeah, the docks of these devices define what they mean to us.

my iPhone is a phone, ipod and web browser so that stuff is in there.

the ipad is a home browsing machine and newsreader, task entry device for me. for someone else, it may be an ereader and the dock is filled with ComicsX, marvel, iBooks, Kindle, etc.

CzarTim

AstroLad said:
If the iPad had any other branding (even, gasp!, "M$" branding), all of GAF would literally be laughing at it and its many huge flaws would be front and center instead of being pooh-poohed away any time they are even casually or tangentially referenced.

I agree to an extent, but it's simplicity is part of the reason it works. If it was bogged down with a bunch of extra stuff, it would have even more flaws (something I feel M$ does to often.)

At the end of the day, the apps will make or break a tablet. Apple already having a built in base there gives them an unmatched advantage.

Shogmaster said:
Wow, 3 months go fast when you are buried at work! I can see that everyone missed me. :D

I personally think the differences in sentiment depends on perceived value. I for one, would not complain about lack of multi tasking, closed system, lack of pen if this thing was starting about $250. At that price point, a lot of things are forgiven, but @ $500 and above, you really need to justify the cost to those who are not drunk on the cool-aid.
It wasn't 3 months. You were replying a few days ago before you were banned again lol. Nevertheless welcome back.

LCfiner

LovingSteam said:
It wasn't 3 months. You were replying a few days ago before you were banned again lol. Nevertheless welcome back.

pretty sure he meant Vennt's recent ban was going to be for 3 months. but then he got the call from the governor at the last minute. So it was like a 3 month time warp that only lasted 24 hours.

czartim said:
I need to stop coming in here, Warpgate is making me want it more. How does it play?

I might break down and get one soon. Gen 2 be damned.

Warpgate is great if you like space exploration/trading games. Like I said earlier, the combat could use a little work, but you do have to use some strategy based on the weapons that you are carrying and when to use them. For instance, early on I upgrade my weapons to new systems as soon as I could afford them, and the ones that I was able to buy packed a lot of punch, relative to where I was in the game, but it turns out they were also very slow to recharge, so I ended up getting my ass kicked in battles until I could swap a couple of them out for faster charging weapons.

There is a great sense of humor to the game too. For instance, while exploring around last night I found a flat version of the Earth. Made me chuckle. There is even a home planet for Freeverse Software.

Really fun stuff, and it's kind of a shame that the game isn't getting more interest.

besada

Banned
PSGames said:
Can Pages owners PLEASE go to the app store and complain about no menu in portrait mode? It's inexcusable to have to constantly rotate the device just to insert a bullet point, insert a tab or alter any text. Such a huge oversight.

It is pretty poorly thought out. I'll send a complaint when I get home to my iPad.

CzarTim

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Warpgate is great if you like space exploration/trading games. Like I said earlier, the combat could use a little work, but you do have to use some strategy based on the weapons that you are carrying and when to use them. For instance, early on I upgrade my weapons to new systems as soon as I could afford them, and the ones that I was able to buy packed a lot of punch, relative to where I was in the game, but it turns out they were also very slow to recharge, so I ended up getting my ass kicked in battles until I could swap a couple of them out for faster charging weapons.

There is a great sense of humor to the game too. For instance, while exploring around last night I found a flat version of the Earth. Made me chuckle. There is even a home planet for Freeverse Software.

Really fun stuff, and it's kind of a shame that the game isn't getting more interest.

That's awesome. Wish there were more games like that for the iPhone\Pad. Most lack depth.

RubxQub said:
Mine:
...now that I've posted this, I just realized that there's no reason to have the iPod app in the dock, as I'll only be using videos.

Would you mind pointing to the source of your home screen?

LCfiner said:
pretty sure he meant Vennt's recent ban was going to be for 3 months. but then he got the call from the governor at the last minute. So it was like a 3 month time warp that only lasted 24 hours.
You got it right. :)

LovingSteam said:

Well I basically dared him to ban me over his stupid baseless "warning". He did, which I expected, but what happen after wasn't expected by me (a round of thanks goes out to the powers that be).

Not A Fur said:
Welcome back Shog!

Also, just wanted to say: <3 Comiczeal <3

Gracias.

RubxQub

silentspork said:
Would you mind pointing to the source of your home screen?
I took a screen shot of the Green Hornet #1 that Kevin Smith wrote and release recently from the Comic app.

Nothing online sadly :(

I can try and post the picture, but I had to blow it up and move it around a bit to get it to work alright within the UI.

Yeah I think I am going to take the iPod out of the Dock as I don't anticipate getting much use of it on this device. I'll put Settings down there instead as I am always fiddling with that. Also I switched the Safari and Mail icons around so Mail is on the left as that's the way it's set up by default on iPhone. Surprised Apple didn't do that already, as an iPhone user it felt counter-intuitive to me until I flipped them.

MaximumX2

The Fool Who Follows Her
Okay, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up the 16G iPad this weekend. I only have a few questions for you guys before I do so... first, I heard about Wi-Fi connectivity issues, are any of you having problems connecting? Also, is this a problem that can be fixed with an update? Second, I plan to use the iPad primarily for casual surfing, has the novelty worn off since you've purchased one yet? Do you ever feel the need to go back to your laptop? Thanks to whoever answers this!

numble said:
Tested.com ran their iPad down to 15 hours, 42 minutes, and 17 seconds of video playback at 25% brightness. Does anyone know if they used the built-in speakers or something external?
It's SD video, but that's still fucking impressive. HD one would probably give them the 10 hours Apple is saying. PowerVR SGX is freaking awesome (and makes those Z series Atoms somewhat bearable).

Everyone probably thinks I'm crazy for expecting this class of devices to be around $250, but I think that's where the competition will settle into using the same class SOC chipsets, whether they be ARM Cortex A8/A9 or Marvell Armada 600(ARM v.7 variant) or whatever. I expect to see a 7" or 9" widescreen multi-touch LCD (1024x600) "knock-off" using Linux or Android flooding the this market space for less than $300 in the coming months.

see5harp

MaximumX2 said:
Okay, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up the 16G iPad this weekend. I only have a few questions for you guys before I do so... first, I heard about Wi-Fi connectivity issues, are any of you having problems connecting? Also, is this a problem that can be fixed with an update? Second, I plan to use the iPad primarily for casual surfing, has the novelty worn off since you've purchased one yet? Do you ever feel the need to go back to your laptop? Thanks to whoever answers this!

I haven't had any issues with wifi, but then again I got a tiny ass house.

mrkgoo

PSGames said:

Bullet points are a pain I guess, but what I found out during my use as a note taker, is that you lose ability to quickly change formatting.

What the key board needs is a "Command" button, so that you can use bold/italics/underline shortcuts. I know it's kind of against the point for the touch interface (you may as well have cut/copy/paste shortcuts then), but I hated having to rotate just to make something bold.

I haven't checked, but even an option to highlight and format would be nice (actually, now that I think about it, it was probably there).

RubxQub

Shogmaster said:
It's SD video, but that's still fucking impressive. HD one would probably give them the 10 hours Apple is saying. PowerVR SGX is freaking awesome (and makes those Z series Atoms somewhat bearable).

Everyone probably thinks I'm crazy for expecting this class of devices to be around $250, but I think that's where the competition will settle into using the same class SOC chipsets, whether they be ARM Cortex A8/A9 or Marvell Armada 600(ARM v.7 variant) or whatever. I expect to see a 7" or 9" widescreen multi-touch LCD (1024x600) "knock-off" using Linux or Android flooding the this market space for less than $300 in the coming months.
Apparently the components alone cost about $260:
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/04/07...level-ipad-component-cost-estimate-up-to-260/

Knowing that, I wouldn't expect the price of this to be much less than $400.

LCfiner

Shogmaster said:

I don't think you're crazy expecting a Linux driven version of this device to cost ~300 in a year or two. I thought you were crazy to expect the ipad itself to cost 200 in less than a year.

teardowns estimate the parts in the ipad to be around $260 (16 GB, i think). That could drop down below 200 very soon and some other competitors can reduce that further with other cost cutting measures (less aluminum, cheaper construction methods). Then the lower cost of using Linux with a UI that took less manpower and dollars to design plus there'll be companies willing to lower their margins to sell a tablet and, BAM, 300 dollar tablet before 2010 is out.

I don't think Apple will ever sell an iPad that costs less than 400. I think they'll be happy to stay the 500 price point for a long time.

besada

Banned
MaximumX2 said:

I've had two connection drops over three full recharges, both in spots where there shouldn't be drops. I'm personally guessing that apple tuned their wireless antenna down for battery life, and they'll offer either a patch or firmware fix to increase the power to it.

As for returning to my laptop, it's been turned off since Saturday when I bought my iPad. The iPad definitely fills my browsing needs, although I'd prefer traditional tabbed browsing and the ability to open a tab without focusing on it.

verbum

MaximumX2 said:

1. No problems with wifi for me at home, work, or a couple of free hotspots.
2. I have a nice Dell 1330 laptop. I can see only using it for sites the Ipad may not be suitable for-Flash video sites, for printing off web sites, and playing Flash games. Otherwise the Ipad will be used.
I recommend a Netflix account. It is a very good reason to own an Ipad (among others). And the ABC gadget is very nice, I hope the other networks follow suite. Discovery or the National Geographic videos would be very nice. (Where is the National Geographic by the way? I thought it was on the Ipad at the original announcement)

mrkgoo

MaximumX2 said:

I have had an issue once when connecting, but like all Wi-Fi problems, it's not necessarily anything to do with the iPad. I think it has fine. Who knows about how widespread the reports are, and whether it can be fixed with an update will depend on what the problem is (hardware/software).

Novelty has not worn off, but I haven't fully had a chance to use it. I do feel the need to go to a laptop in some instances, but most are fine. Again, it's not really a full laptop replacement, but it does more than an adequate job at most things. Your use-cases will really be subjective. The 'novelty' factor will really depend on how YOU like the device.

Something I really like about it is that it's a much better 'in bed' browser. I can lie down and have my screen rotated to fir my orientation. It does get sort of heavy, but I tend to shift around even when using my iPhone.

MaximumX2 said:

The novelty has not worn off at all. (Although this is my first Apple product to buy.) I love surfing the web on this thing. I needed something that I could get on GAF with while my wife uses our desktop for work. That alone justified my purchased of it. I have not run into any of the wifi issues at all. I have connected at four different homes and one business with no hiccups at all.

This will probably be the best purchase I make this year.

outsidah

SaggyMonkey said:
Probably just Shog

I really am considering getting one just to not get so many finger prints on the device itself. It cleans up well enough but I've always liked having screen protectors on these type of things.

No one has responded so I think everyone is running around with bare iPads so far.

MaximumX2 said:

1) None at all. Not even once. Better WIFI than my iPhone (by a large margin)

2) I do need my laptop for several things like doing bills, spreadsheets, and any real extended typing. I can print, manipulate documents and many other things on my laptop I can't do on the iPad. The iPad is not a laptop replacement at all and I would venture to say that for most of us here anyway would not be able to substitute for one. There are other casual surfers and the like who I think could make the transition though.

I *really* dig my iPad for just lounging around the house and pulling stuff up quickly, but I am not kidding myself that I could be without a laptop.

Chorazin

MaximumX2 said:

No.

No.

Depends. Next time I go to a con or something and plan to record my podcast, the iPad won't cut it. My netbook worked great at PAX East, so I'd take it over the iPad. But, if it's a general vacation or if I don't plan to record anything at a con I'd take the iPad hands down.

LCfiner

What I'm waiting for now is a real good money management program to get on the iPad. something like ibank or Moneywell, with similar functions as the desktop versions and not a stripped down iphone-like feature set.

with that, a good tasks program, calendar and email, I could actually use it as a laptop replacement. Photogene or equivalent plus the camera connector means I could use it to edit photos (I don't take many so my needs aren't as high as, say, mrkgoo) which is the only other thing I use my computer for now for long periods of time.

might go back to bigass gaming-style desktop and iPad as portable. time will tell. I'm not selling anything just yet but I think, for my usage, it may be possible.

back at the reveal in january, I didn't think this would be possible so I was pretty down on it. but the more I use it, the less I find myself going to the macbook. it may actually become the device that can replace a computer (in time, not right now!)

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Articles is on sale for 99 cents because the developer thinks it's not good enough yet for full price.

wow. i think I'll jump on that. I love Articles on the iPhone.

bionic77

I played with one in the Apple story today and it was definitely fun to use. And while surfing the net on the iPad was a blast I think I will stick with a laptop for now. But I did decide to get one for my father (No line or fuss, just walked out of the store with one). My dad is incapable of using anything mouse or touchpad driven, but somehow gets by on his iPhone. He is always making me do these annoying medical surveys for him whenever I visit so the hope is that he can check his mail, and do the surveys himself from now on.

outsidah said:
2) I do need my laptop for several things like doing bills, spreadsheets, and any real extended typing. I can print, manipulate documents and many other things on my laptop I can't do on the iPad. The iPad is not a laptop replacement at all and I would venture to say that for most of us here anyway would not be able to substitute for one. There are other casual surfers and the like who I think could make the transition though.

I *really* dig my iPad for just lounging around the house and pulling stuff up quickly, but I am not kidding myself that I could be without a laptop.

This is the point I've been trying to emphasize since the device was announced. The problem the iPad will have is convincing people to buy it on the basis that it won't replace anything, won't merge anything together, but will be an extra additional device that goes along with all your other devices. That right there is a problem on the market viability of it. With something of this significant price, people don't pick up $500 additional devices to go along with their laptops or desktops usually. They will pick one or the other, not both and seeing as the iPad is more limiting, I see people getting that laptop or desktop instead given the choice of having to pick one. And let's face it, the mass consumers in general, the option is to only pick one unlike Apple's core fanbase and tech geeks.

Sqorgar

Banned
MaximumX2 said:
1. No connectivity issues. Most speculation says it will probably be fixed in a software update.

2. I use my iPad all the time now. Use it for web surfing primarily, but video is a close second. I get all my tv off iTunes (I only watch two shows), and the iPad is great for it. Also downloaded some dev videos from Apple and have had them playing next to my computer (using the case as a stand) while I follow along on my laptop. Also, downloaded a bunch of reference PDFs from Apple and have been reading them with GoodReader quite nicely. So, the novelty has worn off, but it has been replaced by usefulness.

3. I do use my laptop still. It's my main computer and I do a lot of programming on it - something the iPad can't do (yet?). I also have Boot Camp on my MBP, and have a somewhat substantial windows game library... They are really two different things to me. The iPad compliments my laptop computing, not really replacing it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Marty, when have you ever been right about what people want?
Yeah, I don't know what the source of the data is but on Captivate just now they had a quick blurb about iPad being a mainstream hit but less so with techies. *shrug*

mrkgoo

Marty Chinn said:
This is the point I've been trying to emphasize since the device was announced. The problem the iPad will have is convincing people to buy it on the basis that it won't replace anything, won't merge anything together, but will be an extra additional device that goes along with all your other devices. That right there is a problem on the market viability of it. With something of this significant price, people don't pick up $500 additional devices to go along with their laptops or desktops usually. They will pick one or the other, not both and seeing as the iPad is more limiting, I see people getting that laptop or desktop instead given the choice of having to pick one. And let's face it, the mass consumers in general, the option is to only pick one unlike Apple's core fanbase and tech geeks.

Aren't you just arguing for the sake of arguing? Weren't you previously making the point that the iPad had no place alongside a laptop or phone, and now that it does have a place, you're now saying that there are too many 'places'?

Just accept that everyone will want it for a different use, and that that place exists for some people and that it doesn't for others, and also at different extents depending on the user needs.

Think of it like the whole photography thing - there's a range of equipment that all basically do the same things, but vary in the execution of those things. Some lenses are much better quality, but heavier less portable. A general wide-tele zoom is very convenient, but sacrifices quality for versatility.

There's no right or wrong, just what people have a use for.

And just to add, Apple's so-called 'core-base', is actually the mainstream. They target their devices to be accessible in use (if not in price) to everyone. Sure, price is an important factor to everyone, but to say try an identify the target audience of an Apple product as being something exclusive is actually kind of ironic, I've always thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom