• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Maverick didn't respond so I am going to get my madden game in, I will be ready in 30 or so minutes, Mav.

Edit: EA seems to be down so I guess we can go at it.

Cloudy

Banned
Eh, 9 seconds...I'll take the loss and keep the score respectable :p

gg tho. I had my chances but just got beat :)

PS: you really can't be milking your play clock to the final seconds outside of the last 2 minutes, dude :lol

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Ramirez said:
I dunno if its because of the updated rosters or EQ,but DBs do play a little better,IMO.

Hey Ramirez, can you play tomorrow night around 1:00 AM EST or otherwise I can play pretty much any time on Saturday.

Fifty

A clean game of ESPN pigskin.

Matt Stover...My hero....My rushing leader

1.jpg

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Also, I have been having a huge fucking control issue that is just now cropping up.. (or at least Im just now noticing it).

Generally speaking I SLAM the X button to get a nice shoulder tackle, especially if there are a swarm of guys a half step behind me. In my last leauge game this happened twice (one of which allowed a TD, the other a sizable run) and again against cloudy (two sizable runs, neither scored however.. we were playing with EQ on so my DB naturally ran him down from 30 yards away)..

for some reason I dont understand, from time to time they will jump in the air as though I hit the Y button. However, I'm not hitting the Y button. The first time it happened I thought I hit the wrong button, which I thought was odd because thats not the sort of thing that usually happens after playing games for so many years.. but last night I actually bothered to look at my hands after it happened and my finger was clearly on the X button.

Thanks VC!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
A clean game of ESPN pigskin.

Matt Stover...My hero....My rushing leader

1.jpg

:lol!

Played my game with Mav last night. Kinda weird, imo. My guys in double and triple coverage caught everything, guys that were a bit wider open dropped it more often. Mav doubled up on Toomer and played Bear defense a lot of the time, so I couldn't really take advantage during pass plays or audibles, since Toomer is my only guy that can really break away from a DB. Nice move.

Maverick

Wellington busted my arse last night.

Sorry, Wel...I didn't mean to be a dick, but I was just getting frustrated last night when you kept converting those 3rd downs. I flipped out and hit replay a few times. heheheh.

I mean....the triple coverage catches make me mad...it's so....retarded. I can't even come up with anything. It's retarded. Like when Branch caught that one deep ball between your two DBs.

Argh...looks like my playoff hopes are done. Mav won't be getting back to the bowl this year. :(

Cloudy

Banned
Don't worry guys, all that triple coverage crap doesn't fly in EQ :D

PS: Why does Ray Lewis have rushing yards in the latest Ravens game? o_O

hgplayer1

Cloudy said:
PS: Why does Ray Lewis have rushing yards in the latest Ravens game? o_O

from what I can tell that whole game was a fucking disgrace to the fact that we actually made rules for this league and most of us have tried to follow them no matter how out of hand some of these games have gotten.

StoOgE

AztecaGX said:
Yo stoOge, if FMT resets our game can you play tomorrow at the same time?

No, Im gone all day... I have to go watch a friends band this afternoon, tailgate, watch the horns game, then Im supposed to go to a co-workers birthday party if Im not half dead at that point. I might have time for a game tommorow night, but Ive allready set up a game in the EQerz leauge for then.. IF they will let us play Monday night I can do it.

I thought we caught a break and no one got the win for a second or two, but when I backed out of the lobby and went back it said I didnt have a game anymore :(

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Ramirez said:
I MIGHT be around at that time Gun...but if Im not I can play early Sat. morning.

Well Ramirez, I ended up working 13 hours yesterday, so I wasn't around. I can play anytime today, just give me a time.

AztecaGX

StoOgE said:
No, Im gone all day... I have to go watch a friends band this afternoon, tailgate, watch the horns game, then Im supposed to go to a co-workers birthday party if Im not half dead at that point. I might have time for a game tommorow night, but Ive allready set up a game in the EQerz leauge for then.. IF they will let us play Monday night I can do it.

I thought we caught a break and no one got the win for a second or two, but when I backed out of the lobby and went back it said I didnt have a game anymore :(

Ok, just let me know when and I can play pretty much any day after 10pm eastern.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
3:21 4-6 at PHI 39. Punt by Brian Moorman (BUF). TOUCHDOWN!

WTF happened there?

Ramirez, I play you next. I am around tomorrow afternoon, Monday from 6:30-10:30 and I'll have to figure out the rest of my schedule.

FMT when are you going to get to the Week 11 power rankings? :D

DMczaf

Oakland @ Tampa Bay N/A N/A N/A
St. Louis @ Arizona N/A N/A N/A
Kansas City @ Minnesota N/A N/A N/A
Miami @ Dallas N/A N/A N/A
Pittsburgh @ Green Bay N/A N/A N/A

Come on guys, play your games!

Shadowred and I should play our game today so that leaves 4 games left. WTF

StoOgE

I tried to play mine last night.. something happened to Aztecs connection and it gave me the win, and we couldnt do anything about it to play again until the game got reset.. and now I dont have time to play until Monday... and I need to play by 8 CST at the latest, and he cant play till 9 CST at the earliest :(

AztecaGX

I don't mind if we can't get the game in on time and FMT has to advance the week; with my luck with the Steelers I brobably would of lost anyway. :p

I don't know what happened with my connection. The screen froze showing an empty field and the commentary was replaying itself over and over saying the same sentence talking about the previous play. I left it there for about 5 mins and nothing happened so I just turned my Xbox off.

Ramirez

I punted,he called for a fair catch,one of his dumbasses kept running towards the ball,bounced of his head or something and I picked it up at the one and ran it in,lol!

StoOgE

Ramirez said:
I punted,he called for a fair catch,one of his dumbasses kept running towards the ball,bounced of his head or something and I picked it up at the one and ran it in,lol!

I hate that.. I move my guy away from the ball and some other idiot runs right at it.. so I switch to him and move him away and the first idiot runs back towards it again...

hgplayer1

Bog said:
I'll be around pretty much all night, hg.

well Im not quite sure why you still havent accepted my friends request but I was logged in on Star Wars Battlefront most of the evening and never got anything from you. Im around right now if you can play.

is this league going down in flames or what? Shadowred and Cloudy were dropped today by the admin? whats up with that?

Cloudy

Banned
I dropped cos Shadow asked me to play his game for him instead of giving DM a forfeit win and getting no stats. We'll both be back when FMT is around :D

Bog

Junior Ace
Because I haven't been "on" Xbox Live since? I was playing Fable. It probably just signed me on. Anyway, I have to get up early tomorrow. I'm good after like noon EST tomorrow.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The comment accompanying the Giants for the Week 11 power rankings makes no sense! :lol

Shouldn't the week have progressed already? If it does by the time I get home tonight, Ramirez, I can play from 6:30 -10:30 and tomorrow I'll have to see, I have to have my dad at the airport at around 8-ish. So I may have a small window from around 9:30-11. (Times are EDT)

hgplayer1

I know this has been asked before but Im really spent after MNF so here goes.....

who is Havoc (Cardinals owner) and when do you want to play?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I gotta take my dad to the airport sometime tonight, anywhere between 7-9 EDT (It's at his discretion, argh). So I don't want to start up a game until I get back for fear of having to leave. I'll hit you up on AIM I guess at some point later tonight.

Ugh, I don't want to play you. You've beaten me every time I've played a football game against you. All those Madden Tournament championship dreams... gone... :(

hgplayer1

TheDuce22 said:
Can you play today or tommorow sometime in the afternoon.

earliest I can play is like 5:30 CST but it would probably be more like 6 and anytime after that is usually good for me. I can play tonight or tomorrow.

Ramirez

Ah don't worry,I've been getting my ass whooped by everyone with the Bills,I suck with them,plus I have a hard time caring about these games where I have no chance of making the playoffs so I try out new stuff alot :p

Top Bottom