• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

ShadowRed

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
forefits coming tonight ladies, be ready

Dude if that is so then in my defense I posted that I could play yesterday, today and Sunday. Guileless is the one who didn't respond yesterday and said he couldn't play today. I don't think I should be subject to the whims of a coin toss because he couldn't play for 3 days. That's just the way I see it.

ShadowRed

Banned
Does anyone play this fucking game anymore other than playing there league games? I go online and either noone is there or they are playing other shit. I decide to play random people and end up pulling the plug 4 times in a row because they all play fucking cheap ass.

hgplayer1

ShadowRed said:
Does anyone play this fucking game anymore other than playing there league games? I go online and either noone is there or they are playing other shit. I decide to play random people and end up pulling the plug 4 times in a row because they all play fucking cheap ass.

I dont play much more than my league games. Ive been having pretty good luck with the few random games that I have played but there has been cheese of some sort in just about all of them. leagues have just taken the fun out of playing random games. i use them more or less for practice.

what team do you usually play as when youre not playing league games? I always use the Cowboys.

ShadowRed

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
I dont play much more than my league games. Ive been having pretty good luck with the few random games that I have played but there has been cheese of some sort in just about all of them. leagues have just taken the fun out of playing random games. i use them more or less for practice.

what team do you usually play as when youre not playing league games? I always use the Cowboys.

I always play with the Raiders. I have been on occasion, used other teams, just to try teams out to see if I might want to use them in season 2.

Bog

Junior Ace
I haven't played anything but the league games since I got it. I think I played Cloudy twice. That's it.

ShadowRed

Banned
LOL just found a good way to get back at cheesers. Basicly always recieve first if you can. Play the first half out. If they play cool then you have no problem. If they QB run and DB glitch you then don't kick the ball off after half time. I just did this to a guy amd he DCed after 30 minutes and I git the win. It beats my old method of DCing cheeser and letting them get the win anyways.

Cloudy

Banned
Awesome :lol but they will just give u bad feedback. Then again, that doesn't stop folks from cheesing so who cares?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I wasn't trying to be difficult but I just can't play on Fridays or Saturdays of Ole Miss home football weekends. .

Bog

Junior Ace
Guileless said:
I wasn't trying to be difficult but I just can't play on Fridays or Saturdays of Ole Miss home football weekends. .

Unless you play for them, I guess I'm not understanding.

ShadowRed

Banned
FMT I have another huge fucking problem. I have to return to Louisiana tomorrow. That is where I was for the last two weeks that had no broadband access. That means if I don't get the next weeks game after Guileless in I will have to either take a loss or pass the Raiders on to Kon if he is willing to play them again. Hopefully I can get the game in if my next opponet is up to a late night game if you flip the league tonight after me and Guileless play or early tomorrow. Just giving a heads up.

PS LOL nix that Kon taking the game after Guileless idea, because it seems I play Kon afetr Guileless.

Bog

Junior Ace
FMT: When you get a chance, kick BogESPN from the league, and I'll sign in as Bog. I had only made that BogESPN account because I couldn't connect to the ESPN servers as Bog, but they've since fixed that and my 2 month free thing just ran out.

Bog

Junior Ace
Perfect, that's usually my timeslot, too. I can't play Monday as I've got way too much work to catch up on. Tuesday night's good, though. Figure 9:30/10?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bog said:
Perfect, that's usually my timeslot, too. I can't play Monday as I've got way too much work to catch up on. Tuesday night's good, though. Figure 9:30/10?

Sure.

Don't kick my ass too hard, as you can see, the playoff race is CRAZY.

Cloudy

Banned
Playoffs are pretty much locked up for me. You big boys at the top better hope you don't see the DENVER DEFENSE in round 1 :D

FrenchMovieTheme said:
solrak, when do you want your guaranteed victory buddy

Guaranteed???

With the way I have been playing lately...you have a much better chance of taking me down now than when I was in the minst of the 7 game winning streak! :D

I can take you on after I play Demon in NHL...we are scheduled for a 10PM CT game time.

Edit: something wrong with the power rankings?? :D

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Whoever I play: be there tommorow (Tues) the 5th of October at 8 CST.. its the ONLY time I can play all week.

Ramirez

Not sure,I tend to do my homework at night,which is why I can't play late,and I have a shitload to do so far this week,haha...but just post when your available to play and I'll try to squeeze it in,these fucking 6 minute quarters don't help my cause :p

Mrbob

wow, youre so demanding. shouldnt be a problem.

:lol

I think I'm finally recovered from that amazing come from behind win against Malley. I topped my previous comeback agianst ShadowRedz with this comeback win against Malley. The scary thing is I almost blew that comeback. Make a great 2 minute comeback and he was one broken tackle away from returning that final kickoff for a TD. STILL ALIVE. For now....

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
hgplayer1 said:
wow, youre so demanding. shouldnt be a problem.

as long as Im demanding, please lose. :D

I figure two more wins gets me in the playoffs for sure... and I dont want to have to go into week 16 against Denver and only one of us getting a playoff spot.

Mrbob

objects-in-mirror-are-closer-than-they-appear-destin.jpg

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Texans owner, I can play Tuesday or Wednesday anytime after 9 p.m. Central. Just let me know.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
StoOgE said:
as long as Im demanding, please lose. :D

I figure two more wins gets me in the playoffs for sure... and I dont want to have to go into week 16 against Denver and only one of us getting a playoff spot.

This blows. My schedule is going to keep me out of the playoffs!

Great defensive game dude! I could do nothing at all. :D

I think on the interception play by you I slammed my controller in discust. Now my controller is broke I think because any player that I controlled was going to the upper left all the time...I had no control of them. :( I was going to send you a message but it was already late in the fourth.

Edit: yup...it is broken. I can't seem to go up on the menus. WooHoo!! my first broken controller out of frustration!

yup good game dude. the key to ESPN is the running game. when your running game is clicking, you are going to at the very least be in the game at the end. when your running game isn't working, you are screwed (believe me i know).

man that missed FG late in the 3rd because of lag pissed me off. out of ALL the instances for lag to pop up, it has to do it right as im going to press the kick meter button. it ended up not costing me in the end.

playin for pride now ladies! momentum going into season 2!

Top Bottom