• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

Cloudy

Banned
Actually, it's because Ramirez doesn't play with the d-line. And that's why I think no d-line play for 2 weeks in the EQ league will be a good experiment to see how much better the sack stats will look... :)

Mrbob

Ahh, I see.

So we go to EQ for more realistic stats. This backfires, so we impose a rule for no DLine play. What next? Can only use the strong side or weak side safety? :p

Cloudy

Banned
I'm not gonna argue with you anymore, Bob. If you really think EQ off plays better and has more realistic stats than EQ on, fine...

Let's play later tonight. Peace!

Mrbob

You're not reading correctly, dude.

I said onfield play non EQ is more realistic than EQ because EQ implaces some artificial enhancements.

Mrbob

Actually, as a better example, I would look at the scoreboard stats for the last five weeks of the non EQ league.

The first 8 weeks or so everyone was still getting comfortable with playing the game. So some stats are inflated. While once in awhile there are some big stat games (And in the NFL there are sometimes) most of the stats are much more realistic.

Moreover, showing the stats and telling people to decide from that only tells half the story. On a whole, EQ does offer better stats. However the rushing and passing stats look underwhelming in the EQ league compared to real NFL stats. It's the onfield play where they differ greatly and you saw some of that busted Oline play firsthand. We'll see how the no dline play goes...

Cloudy

Banned
The thing is, that o-line stuff happens with EQ on or off. As long as someone is cheesing it up with the line (no line moves, just spreading and using the DEs to run around the o-line), it'll happen..

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
The thing is, that o-line stuff happens with EQ on or off. As long as someone is cheesing it up with the line (no line moves, just spreading and using the DEs to run around the o-line), it'll happen..

Well, that isn't my biggest problem. With EQ on the guard or center misses their block with the tackle in front of them and let the tackle run right by in the middle. We'll play a NO DLINE practice game later tonight. You shouldn't have to call MAX PROTECT for four rushing D line men.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Im with you on this.. back before I was forcibly removed from the EQ leauge (I swear to God, I thought it was week 3, but somehow everyone else was in week 5 :p) it was a pretty constant problem with my O-line.. they would peel off the line and head out like they were blocking for a screen pass, or there would be a massive shift like it was a weekside pitch. I've absolutely no idea why they would do it, but several times I would have a situation where a D-lineman would come through untouched and sack me before I was even through with my dropback motion. I havent had that happen in the normal leauge.

Overall I like EQ simply because you can play man and not get burned by a WR that is too fast. On the same token, I think its a little too easy to stop the pass against certain teams.. the last game I played I simply went into a 4-3 man look and probably gave up less than 20 yards before the game disconnected netting me a loss :(

ShadowRed

Banned
Ramirez said:
You don't get it Konex,didn't expect you too,I'd say 2 or 3 of those completions are simple dumpoffs to the RB that go for no gain cuz I'm getting pressured out the ass because my fucking O-Line can't block.

The Texans (!!!!!) had 4 sacks,while my team,which has one of the best D-Lines in the league had 0.Thats why I said we need to ban line play,cuz DM was just straight blowing through untouched a good majority of the time,its not just him though,its the game,anyone can do it if they play with a defensive linemen.

I'm not saying Dm is using it, but there is a glitch in the game where if you call a defense and then move a linesman off the line it will cause the guy on your O line that is supposed to cover him to just stand there and the player can control another man and run through untouched

Cloudy

Banned
Some playoff info from VC:

"It is not a tie breaker in the traditional sense, so let me explain how it works. When the playoffs are being scheduled each team is assigned a "rating" based on the rank of the teams it has beaten. The list of teams is still sorted first by winning record (and total games played) but in the case of a tie the teams are then sorted by this "rating" value. It is therefore possible for Team A and Team B to be tied where Team A beat Team B but Team B has the higher tie breaker rating. In that case Team B will get the nod for the playoffs.

In this simple "2 teams are tied" case that probably seems a little unfair, but because we allow custom season lengths and number of playoff teams a true tie breaker (Team A beat Team B so Team A goes) can get very complicated. If you have a 32 team season with an 8 week schedule and 16 playoff teams you could end up with several teams tied for the last playoff spots. The more teams that are involved in a tie the more complicated a true tie breaker gets. For example, Team A beat Team B, lost to Team C, and beat Team D. Team B lost to Team A, beat Team C, and beat Team D. Team C beat Team A, lost to Team B, and lost to Team D, Team D lost to Team A, lost to Team B, and beat Team C. Which two teams go to the playoffs? Anyway, that's how it works and why we implemented it the way we did."

Strength of schedule? Awesome :D

Ramirez

Ugh,fucking shit d/c on a countdown,wtf.I really don't feel like starting that shit over...he can have the win,like it matters,neither of us are in playoff contention.

Mrbob

Poor Fifty. :lol

Guileless, when do you want to play? Later tonight?

BTW Wellie keep on winning so you improve my strength of schedule! :p

Why do I have a feeling this is gonna get messy after the last week?

AztecaGX

Cloudy said:
Azteca, let's play tonight :D

Sure, say 11pm eastern.

Ugh,fucking shit d/c on a countdown,wtf.I really don't feel like starting that shit over...he can have the win,like it matters,neither of us are in playoff contention.

I don't know what it is, but lately some of the games I've played have wanted to lock up right when a replay ends or at the of a quarter when the ref puts his hands in the air signaling the end of the quarter. Might be my connection, but I doubt it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Poor Fifty. :lol

Guileless, when do you want to play? Later tonight?

BTW Wellie keep on winning so you improve my strength of schedule! :p

Why do I have a feeling this is gonna get messy after the last week?

You jinxed me!

It was a pretty good game overall, nothing dirty, no stupid fucking DBs, etc. Though those long runs, especially one by Alstott where guys just bounced off him sucked. What happened to the D that stopped Ricky Williams just a few days ago?

I did not stick to my gameplan for the most part, and paid for it offensively. My two TD drives were the only things similar to my typical offense. On the D side of the ball, I tried to play the pass more, because, well, look at BJ's stats for the year. Called a lot of nickel zone and blitzes, and that was my undoing, especially when it takes two tacklers to bring a guy down in the game.

Plays of note:
Shockey tackling Tiki Barber.
Warner shaking off a Simeon Rice sack, me getting frazzled and quickly double tapping B to get it to Hilliard, causing a pump fake, leading to a sack anyway.
The circus bobble catch by Hilliard after Ronde Barber tipped it.

Hopefully I will have better luck next game as I am still not sure if I am in the playoffs at this point. I will have to create a special defensive scheme since both Pinkston and Owens are such threats. Let's hope my DBs can actually keep up.

Fifty: THROW YOUR GAMES! :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol Did that totally screw over league stats? or does nobody care at this point?

Cloudy

Banned
Ok, that is a bit funny at first but on a serious note, can we please not have this crap when folks are losing games in season 2? Finish the game with guys playing their normal positions and playing the right way or don't play at all.

I mean, this is fucking ridiculous and it'll screw the stats for everyone else if guys do it next season. It hasn't bothered me cos this season's stats are ridiculous already but I will pissed if I see this kind of crap in the next league. This is exactly why some folks will be leaving cos it is ruining the whole point of poring over stats for them.

If I see this in season 2, I will ask for whoever does it to be kicked or I'll quit. I'm not joking...

Ramirez

Oh teh nos!!!111

Lighten up,if you care that much about havin the top stats in a fuckin game,then ugh =\ This was a direst result of two teams being out of it and 2 people who really dislike the game havin fun :p :D

Cloudy

Banned
I don't care about having top stats. I care about the stats actually meaning something when I go to look at them and stunts like this fuck it up for statwhores like me -_-

I have to ask though, if you dislike the game so much, why waste your time playing it? The league rules are there for a reason. No ridiculous subs and no BS play. If you're out of it, play another time. It's called a sim league for a reason and I'd appreciate it if this sort of crap is not present in season 2...

Havoc...I can't play today or tonight because I have a concert to go to. Let's try for tomorrow evening or late night...what time are you free?

btw...who is Havoc...I forgot. :D

Ramirez

Cry me a river dude,it was 50's idea and I went along with it,the reason I've remained?Just to give you all someone who will play their games fast so we can get this stupid season over with and move on to one with at least updated rosters.

But the way your crying over something that will probably never happen again is ridiculous.

Cloudy

Banned
Dude, I'm just saying not to bring that bullshit into season 2 if for some reason you're not in contention or you decide you hate the game in week 14 again. The rules don't only apply for the first few weeks.

Oh and I didn't start "crying" over it until I saw it several times this season. We might lose an active player over this stuff and I think that's crap...

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
Dude, I'm just saying not to bring that bullshit into season 2 if for some reason you're not in contention or you decide you hate the game in week 14 again. The rules don't only apply for the first few weeks.

Oh and I didn't start "crying" over it until I saw it several times this season. We might lose an active player over this stuff and I think that's crap...

Considering the amount of inactive play we have been getting week in and week out we should almost cut season 2 down to 16 players....

ShadowRed

Banned
Hey Bog I'm flying home tomorrow, not sure of the time but will probably be late. I can play possibly late at night say after 9 pm central. If not then I will definitly be open all day Sunday.

ShadowRed

Banned
Mrbob said:
Considering the amount of inactive play we have been getting week in and week out we should almost cut season 2 down to 16 players....

I'd preferr the same if not more assuming we can get enough reliable people.

Mrbob

True. We get some reliable people the more the merrier.

Yo Guileless, check this thread out! Lets get our game in!

Bog

Junior Ace
I'm with Konex here. Stats don't matter much this season because of all the damn forfeits, but in a season where everyone is finishing the games, 200-0 would be absolute garbage.

Top Bottom