• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best BAD movies EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoSox06DH

Once I saw this thread, I knew there could only be one movie to be the king of movies so bad it's good. Of course I'm talking about The Room. I'd recommend to those who've seen the movie already to listen to the podcast, "How did this get made". They have an episode all about it and the actor who played Mark was there as well. Watch the movie then listen to that podcast, it's amazing.

Risgroo

oUHfIAD.jpg

Chichikov

Jack Frost AKA Shannon Elizabeth Gets Raped by a Snowman: The Movie
BknXKPw.gif

Gymkata!
uRIhdie.gif

When gymnastics and karate are fused, the combustion becomes an explosion!

El Daniel

My favorite scene in The Room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIscwkQBla4

Tommy's delivery is perfect.

The YT comments on The Room are the best.

The locked door symbolizes their miscommunication. Each side of the door symbolizes, like dice, the sides of a relationship gone askew. "In a few minutes bitch" symbolizes how Jonny is finally releasing his pent up anger toward Lisa, much like someone in the bathroom would. The pizza Lisa ordered earlier in the film has finally been digested, and Jonny finally tastes the bitter herb of betrayal it has been laced with, by Lisa.

The one about Mark's beard that represented the friendship between Mark and Johnny was also golden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjgPYaCr6so

Mark shaving symbolizes how he is not himself anymore: at the beginning when he was best friends with Johnny he had his beard on, but when he fully betrays his trust by sleeping with Lisa the old Mark dies, that's why he shaves his beard, the trademark of the original, loyal friend

People may question the relevance of this scene, but it was very important. It established that Peter was clumsy, and this sort of character development can add a lot to a film. Also, if you pay attention, you will notice that Denny came in with the football, which brings up the question. Was playing football in a tuxedo just his plan all along? How much do we really know about Denny?

Siegmeyer

220px-The_quest.jpg

Can't remember the story for the life of me, and I've seen it 3 or 4 times. But who cares! It's an international fighting tournament with the some of the most over the top racial stereotypes that it ends up being a live action video game.

The Spanish 'Matador', the Japanese Sumo, the Brazilian Capoeira guy, the red-headed pasty Scot wearing a kilt. It's got it all and I love it,

As a bonus, the sumo guy kind of resembles Stephen Fry, and the end boss fight is against the same guy who played Attila from AWOL/Lionheart, who I've always thought looked like a video game boss too.

Ha! I google image search for Atilla as I'm typing and couldn't get a more perfect picture (well almost, the names are on the wrong side)

0.jpg

The only decent YT link I could find for The Quest is ten minutes long, but you owe it to yourself to check out SumoFry, who first pops up around 0:53 (and then fairly often throughout), and a few seconds later the Matador and his ridiculous fighting stance - it's got videogame written all over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WajUTt8466Y

The Cowboy

Earth_Girls_Are_Easy_OST.jpg

Loads considered it a terrible movie but by god I love it (and man alive at Geena Davis in it).

Edit.
Actually I guess not quite apt for what the TC means (as I legit think its a great movie).

In that case I offer..
howardtheducknostogey.jpg

An actual so bad its good movie.

oatmeal

Banned
Troll 2 is a fantastic bad movie. So bad they even did a documentary about it called "The Best Worst Movie"

The problem I have with everyone declaring Troll 2 as the worst movie ever is that it's not actually that bad. It's stupid yes, but it's entirely coherent. Has bad acting, but it's no worse than hundreds of crappy 80's horror films.

I agree with The Marine, a completely hilarious movie that I love to watch. I also recently saw Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins, which is another cheesy action flick that is fun to watch.

EDIT: Also, I can't neglect to mention maybe the absolute best bad movie ever, Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nazis At The Center Of The Earth

Truly amazingly bad (good), especially the reveal in the middle and what follows.

destrudo

Hobo with a Shotgun

It's even got Ricky from TPB. On Netflix streaming[/QUOTE]

I thought this was incredibly disappointing. The original trailer was so much funnier, and said everything it needed to in a couple minutes.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LlazPgxKrA[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom