• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best BAD movies EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
51fIOR1pd9L.jpg

The Last Dragon is a legitimately awesome movie.

SRG01

Battleship - sure it is corny and I would have been upset if I payed 8 dollars to see it in a theater. I found it was a lot of fun and I usually end up have it on in the background when it comes on.

I'd put Battleship near the top of my favorite movies list, next to Armageddon. It's a perfect popcorn flick with little to no dead zones.

Vyer

Battleship - sure it is corny and I would have been upset if I payed 8 dollars to see it in a theater. I found it was a lot of fun and I usually end up have it on in the background when it comes on.

It was so awesome...

I'd put Battleship near the top of my favorite movies list, next to Armageddon. It's a perfect popcorn flick with little to no dead zones.

I just saw Battleship and it was fun as hell. Some pretty bad cheeze at points (that I expected) but it was far more entertaining than I was lead to believe.

Anton668

Liquid Sky
LiquidSkyPoster3.jpg

Plot Summary
Invisible aliens in a tiny flying saucer come to Earth looking for heroin. They land on top of a New York apartment inhabited by a drug dealer and her female, androgynous, bisexual nymphomaniac lover, a fashion model. The aliens soon find the human pheromones created in the brain during orgasm preferable to heroin, and the model's casual sex partners begin to disappear. This increasingly bizarre scenario is observed by a lonely woman in the building across the street, a German scientist who is following the aliens, and an equally androgynous, drug-addicted male model. (Both models are played by Anne Carlisle, in a dual role.)

A Polish Vampire in Burbank
10886463_det.jpg

A somewhat reluctant vampire is taken out by his sexpot sister for his first "night out on the town.

Curse of the Queerwolf
11001718_det.jpg

After being bitten by what he thinks is a transvestite, Larry starts having nightmares about hillbillies, ominous visits from an old gypsy woman, and having the strangest reactions to the full moon...

Crippled Masters
MV5BMTIwNDAyNTk2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY2MzcxMQ@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Two men skilled in the arts of Kung-Fu are betrayed by their master and crippled for life, one left with no arms and the other with no legs. Despite their obvious disadvantages, they learn to combine their martial arts skills and seek revenge against the evil master.

opps, forgot one...

Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death
MV5BMTI2MTUxMzEzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM2MDIyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

Buxom Playboy foldout Shannon Tweed plays a sexy college professor assigned to investigate a sudden, disastrous avocado shortage; her predecessor, a Dr. Kurtz (Adrienne Barbeau) has never returned from the dreaded California Avocado Jungle. Accompanied by air-headed assistant Karen Mistal and macho guide Bill Maher (of Politically Incorrect fame), Tweed ventures into the deepest jungle, where the Piranha Women rule. Proof that this civilization is a matriarchy is the presence of a tribe of wimpy, domesticated men called the Donnahews, who chant names like Alan Alda and Fritz Mondale as their mantra. Fortunately, Tweed is armed with her N.O.W. membership card, so she is allowed safe passage. She finally catches up with Kurtz, who reveals that the avocado shortage is phony, designed by the government as an excuse to capture the Piranha women and transform them into Malibu housewives.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Can anyone help me, bad movie related film Quote, if I remember it the context is something like this;

Some guys are on a speed boat (it's set somewhere like the Caribbean)

The guy at the wheel if the speedboat (crazy old dude type) ask the guys there age or something, when the guy goes he is 24, the speed boat guys says a nonsensical reply of
"When I was your age I was 28"

The quote and absurdity of the way it was delivered stuck with me, but the actual film hasn't

Edit: also some other so bad they are good films

King of the kick boxers III

No Retreat, No Surrender 3: Blood Brothers

Infact I think Loren Avedon, some wonderfully so bad they are good films

jufonuk

not tag worthy
The Running Man

"It's showtime!"
Who loves you, and who do you love?
Gideon, if I watched it now I would se how bad it was, but back in the day, it was awesome.

Ohh also Tigerclaws is another fave one too, but I kinda had a crush on Cynthia Rothrock when younger

IMGF

Neo Member
13872082.jpg

This is just one of those movies you watch at Thanksgiving. It's a family tradition now to sit around the television and watch a film about a turkey serial killer rapist.

tumblr_mbreqsxDjm1r3e4ijo1_500.gif

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Shit we were liking/championing bad movies way before hipster ever did, where we proto hipsters?? Please god noooo

mxgt

Banned
http://img2.targetimg2.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/13/87/13872082.jpg[IMG]

This is just one of those movies you watch at Thanksgiving. It's a family tradition now to sit around the television and watch a film about a turkey serial killer rapist.

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbreqsxDjm1r3e4ijo1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I am definitely going to watch this movie. looks hilarious

Fxp

The Marine (2006) - a guilty pleasure of mine. I watched it 10+ times, love the jokes, Patrick's performance, perfect bad action movie.

Battleship (2012) - I can't say no to drifting battleships while AC/DC is playing.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm watching Fist of the North Star on Hulu right now.

It's pretty fantastic in that special 90s bad movie way. The 'You are already dead' scene really needs to be gif'd.

I found McBain on Blu-Ray and what an amazing mess this movie is. Made famous by The Simpsons (which seems more like spoofing Gary Busey's Bulletproof then this) and the gif of Christopher Walken shooting down a jet with a pistol. Thanks to the excellent 2K transfer I could clearly see the bullethole sticker they put on the window of the plane Walken is so it's not an entirely magic bullet. Just magic enough to pass through the jet canopy.

This movie has the most insanely confused political message ever. As a 90's action flick there are evil druglords to fight, America coming to the rescue to even the odds with advanced weapons and a flashback to Vietnam where evil VC's kill American POW's for sport. But as much standard muck there is also a genuine people's revolution the heroes have to help, the US government is depicted as hopelessly out of touch and incompetent, an asshole CEO gets beaten up by shareholders whose money he pissed away on a private jet and Luis Guzman making a speech on how drugs are the only thing there is for the inner city youth. The storyline of an American plane flying in Stinger and anti-tank missiles to help the rebels fight the government whose jets and tanks they cannot touch is also strangely topical.

The action scenes in McBain are extremely impressive. It was shot in the Philippenes with lavish assistance from the army and air force and it shows. There are two big battles in the film and both have hundreds of extras, APCs, jets, choppers and huge explosions on a scale rarely seen. In a movie made in 1990 it's interesting a Hummer is seen, one of their first appearances of one in a movie. On the other hand there is also a scene where some jets are shot down which is unbelivably bad, think plastic model plane blown up with a firecracker.

Acting is terrible across the board. Christopher Walken looks like he's on coke all the time and even in the middle of the massive action scenes he does not look for a moment to be doing anything other then walking around on a movie set. Maria Conchita Alonso takes overacting to unprecedented levels and Michael Ironside is playing very much against type as an arms dealer who is just very happy to be using all his high tech toys instead of just selling them.

McBain is absolutely worth looking up for the great action, the RiffTrax is also pretty good.

Eidan

Undisputed champion.

376px-Birdemic.jpg

This has the Room beat in every possible way in terms of awfulness.

I really enjoy watching truly awful movies. They help give a person perspective. It's why I hesitate to call many movies truly terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom