• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best BAD movies EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobo-With-A-Shotgun-2011-Front-Cover-52107.jpg

Hobo with a Shotgun

It's even got Ricky from TPB. On Netflix streaming

This movie is just plain bad. A real disappointment after the amazing original trailer.

The problem I have with everyone declaring Troll 2 as the worst movie ever is that it's not actually that bad. It's stupid yes, but it's entirely coherent. Has bad acting, but it's no worse than hundreds of crappy 80's horror films.

The thing about Troll 2 is that it doesn't let up. Most "bad" movies have long stretches of nothing. Take a look at Birdemic. You've got almost a ten minutes of driving shots right at the beginning. Then you have long talks about global warming and awkward dating before you get to the next laugh. With Troll 2, I'd say that there's at least one solid laugh in every scene from beginning to end.

Speaking of Birdemic. I think it's the only movie I know that fails on EVERY level. Acting, directing, and writing are typical problems in every bad movie. But Birdemic couldn't even get the sound right. The Room may be terribly dubbed, but at least you can hear the actors.

Battleship - sure it is corny and I would have been upset if I payed 8 dollars to see it in a theater. I found it was a lot of fun and I usually end up have it on in the background when it comes on.

star wars 1-3, finally convinced lucas to let someone else has a go at the franchise. Not that I fee it should have.

the hobbits, draggy and the most awesome 'trailer' for what's to come.

Zoibie

I'm not sure whether Nic Cage's Vampires Kiss belongs in this thread but it's the most fun I've had with a film for a long while.

KHL43dH.jpg

Premium Rush - Who in their right mind thought a movie about bicycle messengers was a good idea? This movie is so absurd, it borderlines on pure brilliance. Michael Shannon plays the world's angriest cop with the world's happiest-sounding name. (Bobby Monday. I shit you not. It's even listed on his IMDB page). Joseph Gordon Levitt plays a bike messenger with spider-sense, and a woman who is trying her damned hardest to be Zoe Saldana plays his love interest. Together, they smuggle a small child out of China. If you ever find this on cable, don't pass it up.

10165a2e292a0befb5f94c2be259d989.jpg

Rebel Without A Cause - I have no idea how this film is considered a classic. Entertainment Weekly recently called it the 67th greatest film of all time. And while I'm sure it was influential - the movie is comically absurd. It paints a picture of 1950's suburban America, one where every teenager is a deranged psychopath - driving cars off of cliffs, getting in knife fights, developing parental attractions to their best friends, and shooting puppies. The smallest family squabbles are presented as world-shaking revelations, and the whole thing stinks of a movie about teenage life, written by somebody who has never had one.

220px-Godzilla_(1998_Movie_Poster).jpg

Godzilla (1998) - Honestly, I love this movie. It absolutely defines my childhood. It also defines the absurdity of the 90's blockbuster - with an incomprehensible cast (Starring Matthew Brodrick, Jean Reno, and multiple Simpsons alums), horrible CGI, and a passive attitude to scenes of horrifying destruction in New York City that could only be made in a pre-9/11 world. The film also gleefully steals shots & set pieces from countless other blockbusters (Star Wars, Jaws, Aliens, and Jurrassic Park just to get started). It's a damn shame this flop broke up Dean Delvin and Roland Emmerich, because nothing else so maddening has really come out in the blockbuster space since.

Bleepey

Hobo-With-A-Shotgun-2011-Front-Cover-52107.jpg

Hobo with a Shotgun

It's even got Ricky from TPB. On Netflix streaming

I seriously thought this movie was overrated. As for my selection: Story of Ricky is awesome.

Bad Acting? Check
bad dialogue? Check
bad special effects? Check
Plot holes? Check!

Oh and Naked Weapon is 50 shades of awesome too. If you can get the PAL DVD. It's hilarious hearing Bey Logan talking to Maggie Q about the film. Maggie Q talked about how she was trying to develop and express the sisterly bond between her character and the director wanted them to be lesbians. I rarely rewatch films but i watched this film at least once a term at uni with a mate of mine cos of how bad it was. It's on UK Lovefilm so if it's in your region. Get a couple friends round, get the snacks out and watch. Seriously, you will thank me.

I have seen almost every movie in this thread. I am *SHOCKED* that no one has come forwards with the right answer yet.

It's Shark Attack 3: Megalodon.

There is no debate.

Hobgoblins? Take away Mike and the Bots and it's unwatchable dreck, unless you love shots of cars arriving and departing I suppose.
Trolls 2 is very very bizarre, and that's where a lot of its humour comes from, but its very rarely incompetent. Well, at least compared to many of the films suggested in here.
The Room? Too one note in it's badness.

Shark Attack 3 has numerous moments that became memes. It has terrible accents. Awful dialogue. Terrible continuity. Hilarious sets. One scene that notes the time it takes place at which has no relevance. A completely broken central premise (Sharks following fiber optic cables because of the electricity leaking out of them).

I could go on... but most famously it has the line.

And, no, if you saw it on SciFi channel you didn't see the best bits. You've got to see the uncut version. Mandatory bad film viewing.

Ever since that Conan interview with Courtney Thorne Smith from Melrose Place, I have been meaning to watch

eFEFIum.jpg

The movie DESTROYED her hollywood career. That interview must be so painful to remember.

For you, the day Steven Souza graced your cinema with Street Fighter the Movie was the most important day of your life. But for him, it was Tuesday.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom