• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory’ Delays Start of Production Amid Actor Contract Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

Kill the show, donate the budget so a new Happy Endings season can be made. Thanks.

7HAcbbD.gif

I remember seeing an unaired pilot for this show a while back, with a different girl instead of Penny. Her character was meaner and didn't work at all, so I'm glad they changed, but I can't help but wonder what that actress is feeling right now.

In my opinion Parsons (Sheldon) > Helberg (Howard) = Cuoco (Penny) > Nayyar (Raj) > Rauch (Bernadette) >>>>> Bialik (Amy)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Galecki (Leonard)

Seriously Galecki shoud pay from his own pocket to appear on the show. He is that bad to me. I can't stand his acting. He is a tool at best to support the other characters.
Amy is less aggravating and her script is often funy. But her acting is almost equal to the dismal Galecki. Good thing the rest of the cast is obviously stellar. They save the show from the absolute disaster that is Galecki.

Does Galecki appear in any other show ? Maybe I should try to listen to one of them to see if I have a problem with him as an actor or the script on this particular show.

Helberg's impressions are amazing and he's always entertaining to watch whenever I see him doing interviews. I would be interested to see him in a comedy role outside of Howard.

Friends is in syndication for an hour or two every day on TBS right before Seinfeld.

Didn't know that, thanks for the correction. Checking the TBS schedule, though, that would put it in the middle of the afternoon on workdays. The only other time I ever see Friends in syndication is after midnight on Nick at Nite. So the point stands, Seinfeld is syndicated at a time when most people would actually see it whereas Friends is hidden at off-peak hours. Seinfeld, HIMYM, TBBT, Family Guy and a host of others are syndicated both locally and on super stations at peak ratings hours. There's a reason Friends isn't in that list.

Not to sidetrack the thread, the whole point about discussing Friends was that the cast of TBBT should get at least as good a deal as the Friends cast. This most recent update confirms that they will be, so good for them!

Dereck

I understand that money is great, and everyone wants money, that's totally understandable.

But is season 8 really suffering because certain actors/actresses are not satisfied with getting less than 1 million per episode?

For example, Parson's is not willing to film season 8 with, let's say, 400k per episode?

DBT85

I understand that money is great, and everyone wants money, that's totally understandable.

But is season 8 really suffering because certain actors/actresses are not satisfied with getting less than 1 million per episode?

For example, Parson's is not willing to film season 8 with, let's say, 400k per episode?

Its less about the sum and more about the percentage of the total. Footballers would still play football if the average wage in the top leagues was only 50k a year, let alone 100k+ a week. But if the club is making that much money, then players want their cut. No different for anyone else.

Lynd7

At the amounts they are dealing with, why does it really matter if your getting like $100 or $200,000 less than someone else. The amount of money these actors can get paid per episode is ridiculous really.

Chumly

Its less about the sum and more about the percentage of the total. Footballers would still play football if the average wage in the top leagues was only 50k a year, let alone 100k+ a week. But if the club is making that much money, then players want their cut. No different for anyone else.
Exactly. It's ridiculous to put blame on the actors when CBS is standing to make hundreds of millions from season 8 alone.

Slayven

I remember seeing an unaired pilot for this show a while back, with a different girl instead of Penny. Her character was meaner and didn't work at all, so I'm glad they changed, but I can't help but wonder what that actress is feeling right now.

Yeah that version would have been canceled in the first season.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Doesn't matter what the form of entertainment, people always look at the salaries and complain about how much someone is making, but never comment on how much money the company or people behind the scenes get.

Davey Cakes

I really need to get back to this show. Dropped off early in Season 6. I don't know what happened. I just lost interest. After binge watching S1-S4, loving the start of S5, and quite disliking the second half of S5, even the better episodes of S6 couldn't keep me.

Not that the show is bad. I just needed a break. Kind of feel like getting back to it.

As for the contract talks, the actors should probably get a pay raise considering how popular and lucrative the show is. And it's already locked in for, what, 3 more seasons? It may even go beyond that. Just give the actors (especially Parsons) a fair shake; they're part of one of the biggest shows on television.

EDIT: I have to correct myself; I made it through 10 episodes of Season 7. Wow, didn't even realize. That means I have 14 left. Something to watch, anyway.

squall211

Oh yeah.

Interestingly enough, in an early episode before Amy was introduced, they even mention this fact. It's pretty weird looking back and having them reference "The Star of Blossom" who later came onto the show as a different character.

On a halloween episode, Sheldon & Amy were trying to agree on what they would dress up as for a party. They had a whiteboard with a bunch of ideas written down, and I *think* one of the suggestions was "Blossom & Joey".

Dereck

Doesn't matter what the form of entertainment, people always look at the salaries and complain about how much someone is making, but never comment on how much money the company or people behind the scenes get.

Exactly. It's ridiculous to put blame on the actors when CBS is standing to make hundreds of millions from season 8 alone.
Well, some people are ignorant of that, like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom