• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The big ones are out; what JRPGs are you looking to buy for the rest of the year?

The big ones are out, what JRPGs are you looking to buy for the rest of 2024?

• Total voters

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Voted for the one that's full of demon chicks and hee hos.

What were the first quarter ones? Been out of the loop and looking for some good JRPGs.
Yakuza 8 and Unicorn Overlord, as far as I'm aware.

Edit: forgot a out Final Fantasy VII Remake part 2 or whatever the fuck it's called.

Also, maybe Dragon's Dogma 2, but I don't think it qualifies as a JRPG.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Voted for the one that's full of demon chicks and hee hos.

Yakuza 8 and Unicorn Overlord, as far as I'm aware.

Edit: forgot a out Final Fantasy VII Remake part 2 or whatever the fuck it's called.

Also, maybe Dragon's Dogma 2, but I don't think it qualifies as a JRPG.
Persona 3 R released as well. Plus couple more I am forgetting.

Personally looking toward “Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes” and Fantasy Not Persona, aka Metaphor: ReFantazio.

Last edited:

SantaC

Personally Legend of Heroes: Trails through daybreak is the biggest one left. Falcom never disappoints and I heard good stuff about this one.

So far only bought Rebirth, and ordered Paper Mario TTYD. Probably will wait for a complete edition of P3R which likely won’t be this year. Possibly Yakuza, but likely not this year.

I am so far behind even on last year’s titles.

Topher

Gold Member
No Metaphor: ReFantazio in the poll...

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Im all in on Trails. Can’t do day 1 since I leave for vacation soon after release but as soon as I get back. Like the day I get back I’m diving in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Fbh

Buying Rebirth when it's in the $40 range.

For the rest of the year:
Eiyuden Chronicle, YSX and SMTV

For Metaphor I'm just waiting 2-3 years until they release the actual complete version, like all Atlus games.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
TTYD is the only one I’ll be getting. I’m generally not a big fan of more “serious” JRPG’s.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is the game seriously called Metaphor: ReFantazio? One of the worst naming i ever seen. I doubt it will be any good.
So you are judging entire game based on name? People said same thing about Unicorn Overlord and that game turned out fantastic! Also I can‘t think of any Hashino made that was bad, most game he made all turned out great in my opinion.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Paper Mario TTYD because I never played the original. But I also never played SMT5, and really liked Trials of Mana, so dunno, still seems like lots of good stuff coming out.

Reactions: Isa

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Jrpg are a shell of their former greatness but I am looking forward to y's Nordic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom