• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Pokemon XY FAQ Thread! Spoilers in tags, please.

There is one question I just thought about.

The PC only has 7 boxes, what is up with that?
As you fill these up (or progress through the game?) you'll unlock more until you reach a total of
?? please don't be 15

As you fill these up (or progress through the game?) you'll unlock more until you reach a total of
?? please don't be 15

I currently have 23 boxes. Not sure if you get more, but at the rate I'm catching stuff I hope so! Otherwise any player with even mild OCD will need Bank to store his stuff.

bjork

Doesn't one of the NPCs say that you keep getting boxes as you fill them up? Surely it's not infinite, but maybe it tops out at 30 or 50 or something.

StayDead

What's the most efficient way to hatch lots and lots of eggs?

Should I keep my party filled with eggs and PC the pokemon whenever it hatches or go one by one?

emb

thanks, looking at a chart now.

So if you like to play offensive, Modest, Mild and Quiet would be good natures e.g. ?
It's less common to use both attacking stats, so most of the time for offense you want Adamant, Jolly, Modest, or Timid. The only stat that will ever be 100% useless is an attack stat you don't plan to use at all. The others do apply for specific mixed sets though. Those aren't exactly rare, just much less common.
What's the most efficient way to hatch lots and lots of eggs?

Should I keep my party filled with eggs and PC the pokemon whenever it hatches or go one by one?
Get a pokemon with the ability "Flame Body" (I've usually used Magby, I think Litwick too. Not sure what has it these days.) That will make eggs hatch faster. Have just it in your party, keep getting eggs and biking back and forth across path in front of day care.

Cerity

Fletchinder/Talonflame have flamebody, they're apart of the fletchling line, which you can catch pretty early on.

webrunner

Is there a list of where certain pokemon are available and if they're available at all or have to be imported from b/w

Also is there a list of version-rare pokemon? I know some pokemon are not "version exclusive" but like Zangoose/Seviper or Plusle/Minun they only seem to appear in hordes in one version or the other.

StayDead

It's less common to use both attacking stats, so most of the time for offense you want Adamant, Jolly, Modest, or Timid. The only stat that will ever be 100% useless is an attack stat you don't plan to use at all. The others do apply for specific mixed sets though. Those aren't exactly rare, just much less common.

Get a pokemon with the ability "Flame Body" (I've usually used Magby, I think Litwick too. Not sure what has it these days.) That will make eggs hatch faster. Have just it in your party, keep getting eggs and biking back and forth across path in front of day care.

That's all I needed to know thanks. I've already got a Talonflame with it but I was wondering if I needed to only carry one egg at a time or something

Ragus

Banned
I know that you can make a photo of your trainer and send it to an SD card. But can you do the same, but with your PKMN team?

I know that you can make a photo of your trainer and send it to an SD card. But can you do the same, but with your PKMN team?

I have yet to hear of a way.
If you have your game linked with a Pokemon Global Link account it'll upload a photo of your team to your log when you beat the Elite 4.
It uses the Dream World art, though.

emb

Does anyone know if chaining for shinies with the Pokeradar works this time around?

I think this is going to be the mew-under-the-truck of this generation.
Also reminds me of Kid Icarus: Uprising. You can donate hearts, and it literally tells you that it does nothing. Still seems impossible that it would be there for not reason.

Why does my Chesnaught shake before battle? I mean right out of the ball he sways left to right...

What text accompanies it going out to battle?

If it's "energetic" for battle or something like that, then it might just be an affection related movement they sometimes do.

If it's something along the lines of not feeling well, acting odd, or something else, see if it caught pokerus. You can check the summary page or the nurse at the PokeCenter should inform you.

DeVeAn

What text accompanies it going out to battle?

If it's "energetic" for battle or something like that, then it might just be an affection related movement they sometimes do.

If it's something along the lines of not feeling well, acting odd, or something else, see if it caught pokerus. You can check the summary page or the nurse at the PokeCenter should inform you.

Thats the thing is says nothing at all.

?? please don't be 15

It caps at 31 this time. Having one Pokemon in each box unlocks the next batch.

Squall516

what do you guys think is the best nature for Charizard X? I was thinking adamant but jolly is really nice to for giving him some extra speed. Just cant decide lol

vehn

I was at four hearts with a pokemon and saw the two burst of hearts, but he's still at four hearts but now has a heart on the portrait when I try to switch. Is he maxed or not maxed?

AngryMoth

I've got a question. Will there be a way for me to transfer my pokemon from black 2 into X once I have beaten the main quest? I know about the pokemon bank but isn't there an annual fee for that? Is there a separate solution strictly for transferring?

Lexxism

No? I think the only way you can transfer those pokemon from Gen 5 to Gen 6 is to use the Pokemon bank which I assume is not yet available. Also, it have a 30 days trial period.

I've got a question. Will there be a way for me to transfer my pokemon from black 2 into X once I have beaten the main quest? I know about the pokemon bank but isn't there an annual fee for that? Is there a separate solution strictly for transferring?

You'll have to wait until just after Christmas.

Heyt

Banned
Is there any efficient way to make rain happen or to fastly locate regions in wich is raining? I need my Sliggoo to evolve and I'm starting to wonder if I am missing something or it's just a pain in the ass?

Using rain dance +level up doesn't work, of course...

Skelter

Banned
What is the highest level an O-Power can go? I have several on rank 3 and don't know if I should keep using Bargain Power on people since it appears to have stopped getting higher.

Nilbog

Neo Member
Is it possible to trade all Pokémon from HeartGold/SoulSilver to Pokémon Black/White and then to Pokémon Y?

Also, does the Poké Transporter only work from Gen V to VI?

FSLink

Banned
Is it possible to trade all Pokémon from HeartGold/SoulSilver to Pokémon Black/White and then to Pokémon Y?

Also, does the Poké Transporter only work from Gen V to VI?

Only Gen V to Gen VI.

Anything Gen 3-Gen 4 has to be moved over to Gen 5 before transferring.

Regarding Mega-Stones, Kanto starters:

Are the Mega-Stones for the Kanto starters buyable regardless of starter choice? Say, if I choose charmander as the starter will I be able to buy all three stones later on?

Top Bottom