• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

I like Harley because she's clearly far more capable than anyone gives her credit for.

I also find it kinda weird when people idolize her and Joker's relationship.He's tried to kill her/left her to die on multiple occasions and clearly cares more about Batman than he does about her. Those shouldn't be relationship goals. She's far better off with Ivy.

If you want the ideal relationship of two really fucked up people, look at Gomez and Morticia Addams. THAT'S an ideal relationship.

Harley x Ivy is the OTP. The Harley ongoing comic is a really fascinating take on the character and they 100% know that her relationship with joker is terribad toxic. Plus Harley interacting with heroes is always fun. Also, I would like a Harley and [character] comic a la Spider-Man Deadpool.

EDIT: Raven. I want Harley and Raven. That would be amazing.

Beefy

Yikes. Where is this convo happening?

Love Harley but her freeing herself from the Joker and that abusive cycle and going on to explore her sexuality/actually develop a truly romantic and caring relationship with another villain has made her a lot more intriguing and dynamic.

Being a punching bag sidekick was mildly funny for a bit but certain comics and BTAS episodes made it clear how sad and kind of stuck the character was. One of the best Harley eps in BTAS was the one where she was released from jail and tries to turn over a new leaf minus the Joker. She stopped being defined by the Joker and started to form new relationships. It was fantastic. People who love Harley because she's the Joker's sexy lapdog really scare me.

The Wonder Woman thread.

zeemumu

Harley x Ivy is the OTP. The Harley ongoing comic is a really fascinating take on the character and they 100% know that her relationship with joker is terribad toxic. Plus Harley interacting with heroes is always fun. Also, I would like a Harley and [character] comic a la Spider-Man Deadpool.

EDIT: Raven. I want Harley and Raven. That would be amazing.

injustice1_0.jpg

Slayven

We going to pretend Harley was the breakout character when her character development only extended to showing her flat pancakes?

Malyse

Harley in the Injustice comic is the best version of that character in any medium.
Sort of like how manga Kairi is best Kairi.

Also
I love that fact that after Green Arrow gets killed, she takes his hideout and calls it the Quiver.
We going to pretend Harley was the breakout character when her character development only extended to showing her flat pancakes?

Suicide Squad Harley and ongoing Harley are both great.

zeemumu

Harley in the Injustice comic is the best version of that character in any medium.
Sort of like how manga Kairi is best Kairi.

Also
I love that fact that after Green Arrow gets killed, she takes his hideout and calls it the Quiver.

I never quite got used to Tara Strong's Harley. Spent too much time hearing the BTAS version. Her Harleen Quinzel sounds a little better in my opinion.

It's not that hard to beat
videogame Kairi
. Her current helpfulness count is
hugging Sora back to life.
Even Belle managed to get the rose back from Xaldin. She needs more to do now that she's being trained.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what was so damn good about her in that SS movie..shit was a whole lot of short shorts and embarrassing dialog/delivery. But hey..sexy! 😒

Malyse

For the life of me, I can't figure out what was so damn good about her in that SS movie..shit was a whole lot of short shorts and embarrassing dialog/delivery. But hey..sexy! 😒

SS Harley > SS Enchantress. But that was pretty much the worst version of everyone save Waller.

akira28

she's a great role model, honest.

watching her slide back into an abusive relationship with the Joker in the latest Injustice book was truly a pleasure and beneficial to one's mental wellbeing.

i hope my daughter follows in her footsteps. i also hope to police believe us when we say we've never seen that man before in our lives. and stay out of our backyard.

Shy

I never quite got used to Tara Strong's Harley. Spent too much time hearing the BTAS version. Her Harleen Quinzel sounds a little better in my opinion.
Soo good. ��

watching her slide back into an abusive relationship with the Joker in the latest Injustice book was truly a pleasure and beneficial to one's mental wellbeing.

i hope my daughter follows in her footsteps. i also hope to police believe us when we say we've never seen that man before in our lives. and stay out of our backyard.
lH2TMWH.gif

Harley Quinn is only interesting cus she gets slapped about and threatened by death by Joker...

Man gaf is weird

And Joker caring about her even a bit ruins him and ruins her... she's literally only endearing when she's a complete victim of abuse.

These folks all probably wish they were the ones who could save her

Slayven

And Joker caring about her even a bit ruins him and ruins her... she's literally only endearing when she's a complete victim of abuse.

These folks all probably wish they were the ones who could save her

shame, cause i can think of 10 awesome DC female characters better than Harley

Malyse

Best version of Harley is still fucked up, yes. The character is inherently fucked up, make no mistake.
So Harley like... used to be a psychologist right? Did any comic ever play that up?

Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn. In a recent issue, Harley took down the entire squad when they all got hit by psychic waves that made them all crazy (and made her sane). Also, there was a part in Gotham City Sirens where she completely obliterated Arkham Asylum's guards by fucking their mental stability and psychoses. She's brilliant, but she's also completely insane.

shame, cause i can think of 10 awesome DC female characters better than Harley

In a just world we'd be talking about how popular and awesome Stephanie Brown is.

I like Harley in as much as I like the idea that a funny fucked up New York psycho can also be a woman...

It's why I did enjoy her in Suicide Squad and I do like the fact that the Joker does care about her on some level there. I'm more interested in two psychos in love than one psycho in an abusive relationship with another. Honestly, the idea that the Joker, perhaps even against his will, is capable of loving her makes it way more interesting than Joker just sees her as an object to use and Harley loves him for it., not just as a relationship but as characterization for Joker.

Putting her in those kids shows and marketing her to young girls is fucked though

Malyse

In a just world we'd be talking about how popular and awesome Stephanie Brown is.

I like Harley in as much as I like the idea that a funny fucked up New York psycho can also be a woman...

It's why I did enjoy her in Suicide Squad and I do like the fact that the Joker does care about her on some level there. I'm more interested in two psychos in love than one psycho in an abusive relationship with another. Honestly, the idea that the Joker, perhaps even against his will, is capable of loving her makes it way more interesting than Joker just sees her as an object to use and Harley loves him for it., not just as a relationship but as characterization for Joker.

Putting her in those kids shows and marketing her to young girls is fucked though

You must have meant Cassandra Cain.

And this fantastic swerve.

Malyse

Is Cassandra Cain new?

Shut your troll mouth. Like you really don't have three body pillows of the asian Batgirl.

How about I mean both XD

Cain as Batgirl, Brown as Robin, Barb as Oracle.... Yessssssss....

They did Barb dirty in Killing Joke but Oracle became something special an undoing it was almost doing Barb dirty again.

I legit like Batgirl of burnside, but her eidetic memory as a superpower is just no. That's not how that works.

I hope Whedon's movie is an adaptation of the Burnside arc.

Shut your troll mouth. Like you really don't have three body pillows of the asian Batgirl.

I legit like Batgirl of burnside, but her eidetic memory as a superpower is just no. That's not how that works.

I hope Whedon's movie is an adaptation of the Burnside arc.

I'm also cool with new Barb but I cant help but feel that losing Brown and Cain [I know they're around but not nearly as prevalent, and Brown has already given up being a vigilante :( ] and Oracle (god knows there aren't exactly a lot of disabled heroes) in exchange really sucks.

Malyse

I'm also cool with new Barb but I cant help but feel that losing Brown and Cain (I know they're around but not nearly as prevalent and Oracle (god knows there aren't exactly a lot of disabled heroes) in exchange really sucks.

I'm pretty goddamn salty about Batwoman. According to Tec, apparently Batwoman, Cassie, and Steph have been off having adventures together, but three issues in and neither one has shown up. Alfred's daughter showing up takes a little of the sting out though.

449bcb2b2fe464b5a118623c764da77a.jpg

Also there's a new Oracle. He sucks (and is not disabled).

Just imagine the salt if all of BCT's regulars got modded simultaneously

I could never be a mod. People would absolutely lose their fucking minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom