• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty goddamn salty about Batwoman. According to Tec, apparently Batwoman, Cassie, and Steph have been off having adventures together, but three issues in and neither one has shown up. Alfred's daughter showing up takes a little of the sting out though.

449bcb2b2fe464b5a118623c764da77a.jpg

Also there's a new Oracle. He sucks (and is not disabled).

I'm also not a fan of Tim Drake's death makes Stephanie stop being a hero...

1) We know he isn't even dead
2) Why is it when a female lover interest dies the male hero becomes even more a her but when a male love interest "dies" the female hero quits.... Come on.

Also give me a Kane, Cain, Brown adventure book now.... shit thrown in Barbara and give me that book.

zeemumu

Hummingbird made a nest in the plant on my porch and every time I open the door it flies away.

If this were a videogame it's be holding a jiggy from Banjo Kazooie

Malyse

I should be mod

Then we could upgrade to Beta Ray Bill jokes.

EDIT: This is a better joke

123829.jpg

I'm also not a fan of Tim Drake's death makes Stephanie stop being a hero...

1) We know he isn't even dead
2) Why is it when a female lover interest dies the male hero becomes even more a her but when a male love interest "dies" the female hero quits.... Come on.

Also give me a Kane, Cain, Brown adventure book now.... shit thrown in Barbara and give me that book.

I literally complained about them having Kane, Cain, and Brown as a team and not having a book *days* before they announced the Batwoman book and then they don't give me the book I wanted. I don't need a third Batgirl book though.

Then we could upgrade to Beta Ray Bill jokes.

I literally complained about them having Kane, Cain, and Brown as a team and not having a book *days* before they announced the Batwoman book and then they don't give me the book I wanted. I don't need a third Batgirl book though.

Yah not a Batgirl book but like a Batwomen Book with those 4, dunno what code names Cain and Brown would take but don't care. Just make that fucking book with those 4.

Slayven

Shut your troll mouth. Like you really don't have three body pillows of the asian Batgirl.

I legit like Batgirl of burnside, but her eidetic memory as a superpower is just no. That's not how that works.

I hope Whedon's movie is an adaptation of the Burnside arc.

Batgirl fanboys killed any chance i would like the characters. Back on CBR niggas swore she was the shit. That she could take Spiderman.

akira28

So Harley like... used to be a psychologist right? Did any comic ever play that up?

lol twice she has given herself psyke work and decided to change her life for the better. and I think twice it has amounted to a new sexy costume change and more of the same puddin and Mistah J references, except they don't have clearance to use the Joker IP. He's always an offscreen Charlie to her angel act. (all comes down to people not knowing how to wite her. even in the Injustice: Ground Zero book which is told from her damn perspective has problems. "Hey lets just make her backslide,
getting her new best henchman Gary killed
, because...she's crazy. We need not other justification, just make it wacky!")

she can be batty nutty and screwy without the Joker, and she's at her best when she's striking out on her own terms. But some people love that Joker has a girlfriend, makes him less ho-yay I guess.

Joker's a showman though. He's always going to have a little sashay to his step.

edit: bring back the old step and old Cass and I'm in. Their idea of character development seems like they picked it up out of a copy of Atlas Shrugged that they found in a trashcan at a Burning Man concert.

RedSwirl

Best version of Harley is still fucked up, yes. The character is inherently fucked up, make no mistake.

Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn. In a recent issue, Harley took down the entire squad when they all got hit by psychic waves that made them all crazy (and made her sane). Also, there was a part in Gotham City Sirens where she completely obliterated Arkham Asylum's guards by fucking their mental stability and psychoses. She's brilliant, but she's also completely insane.

Issues in question?

Faustek

Doctor Doomsday, huh...maybe I should read these

DC Marvel mixup? Seen, I think it was, Rob at ComicsExplained talk warmly about them. Then again that man is really infectious with his excitement.

What's good?

I got to play with a dolphin today

Got some homemade sausages today. Beef, goat peppars, paprika, chilli and garlic in them. Was a fine meal if I may say so.

How do you happen to play with a dolphin?
--
Jandro, would you ban anime related threads?

DC Marvel mixup? Seen, I think it was, Rob at ComicsExplained talk warmly about them. Then again that man is really infectious with his excitement.

Got some homemade sausages today. Beef, goat peppars, paprika, chilli and garlic in them. Was a fine meal if I may say so.

How do you happen to play with a dolphin?
--
Jandro, would you ban anime related threads?
I would ban anime threads, avatars and anyone I suspect of watching anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom