• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

well at 3 am in the morning on my ass is probably where I need to be :p

I'm not bringing out the whisky and lemonade when I'm just going to sleep on it.

Aizo: your question was a good one, i just don't have any answers that wouldn't come from long discussion.

You should have cracked a bottle of everclear

Oh yeah! How'd your event go homie? I bet you had more than 50 people too , my ass should've snuck down there before I headed back to Vancouver 👀 👀

It was a nice turnout. Margaritas were flowing and I couldn't get enough rice. It was a great time. You should've come down. I even got in the jumper with the kids for a bit.

Slayven

Why don't game companies do collections? I can buy A-Team the movie, Superbad, and Biker Boys all on one dvd for 5 bucks in the checkout line of Bi-lo. But I can't buy Super Bonk or Turtles In Time

Johndoey

Banned
Why don't game companies do collections? I can buy A-Team the movie, Superbad, and Biker Boys all on one dvd for 5 bucks in the checkout line of Bi-lo. But I can't buy Super Bonk or Turtles In Time
Especially when you're dealing with older games that a sufficiently advanced toaster could run on an emulator.

Like no one could tell me a collection of the GBA and back Castlevania or Megaman games would be prohibitively difficult to produce. Unless of course there are licensing issues.

Edit: I forget the Legacy Collection, but my general point stands.

Imm0rt4l

Blacc Chyna is taking Rob to court.

KhaledYouPlayedYourself.gif
I have so many mixed feelings. As much as I dislike chyna, I'm not interested in perpetuating "perfect victimhood", sharing her nudes was wrong. And i just have a strong disdain for the Kardashian Klan.

Whoever wins, Dream loses.

Castlevania was pretty alright. Definitely interested in seeing more, so I'm glad it got a quick confirmation for a season 2.

Makes me want to play SotN or Aria/Dawn of Sorrow.
I'd kill to play SoTN again. I probably ended that game over 100x back in the day. My all time favourite.

Slayven

Especially when you're dealing with older games that a sufficiently advanced toaster could run on an emulator.

Like no one could tell me a collection of the GBA and back Castlevania or Megaman games would be prohibitively difficult to produce. Unless of course there are licensing issues.
Folks got emulators working on Smart Fridges, Smart Fridges
Blacc Chyna is taking Rob to court.

KhaledYouPlayedYourself.gif

LOL she was on Good Morning America

I repeat Blacc China was on Good Morning America.

Rob done fucked up

Shy

Morning, y'all.
Afternoon fam.
Mornin' everyone.
Mornin' all.
Evening evening.
Wanna see a human being vomit black liquid? That's what happens to me every time I drink too much. It's like the Penguin in Batman Returns. Daniel Day Lewis could have used me as research for There Will Be Blood.
Enough of this self destructive nonsense. Go to a doctor. ASAP.
Them Dunkirk impressions
I'm looking forward to seeing it next week.

Johndoey

Banned
I have so many mixed feelings. As much as I dislike chyna, I'm not interested in perpetuating "perfect victimhood", sharing her nudes was wrong. And i just have a strong disdain for the Kardashian Klan.

Whoever wins, Dream loses.
I just go with the ever useful "Fuck all y'all dumbasses".

Castlevania was pretty alright. Definitely interested in seeing more, so I'm glad it got a quick confirmation for a season 2.

Makes me want to play SotN or Aria/Dawn of Sorrow.

Or Order of Ecclesia. The show was pretty fantastic for something I had little faith in when it was first mentioned despite Warren Ellis's involvement

Zekes!

I'd kill to play SoTN again. I probably ended that game over 100x back in the day. My all time favourite.

I mean, I still have my PS3 semi-hooked up, and I have the PS1 classic SotN on there, but man do I also want to play those other games too.

Or Order of Ecclesia. The show was pretty fantastic for something I had little faith in when it was first mentioned despite Warren Ellis's involvement

I've never played Order of Ecclesia. I've always wanted to play that and Portrait of Ruin but I don't use my 3DS much so I never felt compelled to seek them out.

TheSun

Ah, haven't went to off-topic in a year.

I use google to find specific threads.

I'll go back once Bish comes back from Jurassic Park.

Wonder how that dinosaur project is going?

Kreed

LOL she was on Good Morning America

I repeat Blacc China was on Good Morning America.

Rob done fucked up

Meanwhile Viktor's still selling mixtapes on the corner. Time to trade in the soundcloud account for a shopping cart website and some Biggy Culture Vulture T-Shirts.

Meanwhile Viktor's still selling mixtapes on the corner. Time to trade in the soundcloud account for a shopping cart website and some Biggy Culture Vulture T-Shirts.

you'll see me on The Blaze talking about how my music doesn't promote violence like those other light skin nikkas like drake
all PR is good mayne

Slayven

Dude be outside the barbershop with postit notes with his link written on them

you'll see me on The Blaze talking about how my music doesn't promote violence like those other light skin nikkas like drake
all PR is good mayne

Man when you sell out, you sell out

Malyse

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous is the craziest what in the actual fuck shit. And Tomodachi Game is the most crazy omg you insane bastard what is wrong with you shit.

Hello BCT

How many of you guys grew up with the knowledge that Hannibal Barca was black?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal

I was watching this video on Shaka Zulu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZLGKFWlRzY

The channel had no issue with showing Shaka Zulu as black

so I kept watching the whole series and then found a series on The Punic Wars - part 1 was about the father and part 2 gets to his son Hannibal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf0-Yki5p40

then I saw the did not have Hannibal as African like they had Shaka Zulu so my idea of him being black raise a serious question.

I have been wrong before when I believed all Egyptians were black at one point growing up that is until I understood only the 25th Dynasty were black (aka The Nubian Dynasty or The Kushite Empire)

I did a little searching and it seems the History Channel recently showed Hannibal as black and a lot of people called it 'BlackWashing'

During my searching found this video defending the History Channel badly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfxjm1IXfFo

The issue here I found in his comments are Lebanese people who don't see themselves as 'Sub-Saharan Africans' and it is those Lebanese people claiming Hannibal as Lebanese thus not black. Ignoring the fact that it should be Tunisian people claiming him because Tunisia is the site of his birth.

Here is the opposing view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjnNSyIzJOc
of course it would be 'THE LIBYAN' it seems North Africans really hate it when people see them as black.

My issue here is as much as I want to push black pride and learn about my own black history, I also want to learn what the FACTS are and not just follow something because I believed history is only showing him as white due to racism.

I want to know the truth and all sources so far do not back up the black Hannibal Barca as much as I was hoping to find. Or maybe it is just North Africans not really seeing themselves as African that changes the narrative.

The issue here is the whole family and the Punic Wars is very well documented but the race thing is not.

What do you guys think? Any good sources I can learn from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom