• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Why don't game companies do collections? I can buy A-Team the movie, Superbad, and Biker Boys all on one dvd for 5 bucks in the checkout line of Bi-lo. But I can't buy Super Bonk or Turtles In Time

The console business doesn't really give a damn about anything more than four years old unless it can sell it back to you for like $40. Thus the Crash collection and all that.

Your best bet on $5 old game bundles is honestly PC. Steam and GOG just bundle together whole franchises of digital games at discounts. Why consoles don't do this with digital games, I don't know. Might have to do with them not wanting to piss off retail by having better digital pricing.

Just got home to hear from my mom that she got the results for my autism test from my vocational rehabilitation counselor. Turns out I'm very intelligent but also on the autism spectrum. Well, at least I got my answers.

I've never played Order of Ecclesia. I've always wanted to play that and Portrait of Ruin but I don't use my 3DS much so I never felt compelled to seek them out.

I love Ecclesia but I'm worse off than you since I think I only have an hour of SotN under my belt. That's a big blight on my gaming cred and I really want to go back to it. Hoping that the consensus on Bloodstained is that it surpasses SotN so I can be satisfied with just that

DEZu0rBWsAQAdzY.jpg

Hey guys, just got a notice from the NCDOR about paying back taxes and getting a final notice. I know I need to pay my $226.83, but I don't have a bank account. I would rather they garnish my wages at this point since 20 bucks a week and it would be gone in about 2 and a half months from now.

Also I get my money on a debit card.

I really want Nnedi to become a household name but all I can feel from this is the dread that ignorant people will attribute this to GRRM instead of the female author it belongs to. Like I honestly think the show should officially be "Nnedi Okorafor's Who Fears Death" just so that people don't get it twisted that their fantasy messiah doesn't come up with everything and that there are black speculative fiction authors just as good, let alone better than Martin. Maybe I'm just too concerned but this seems ripe for people to erase Nnedi from the conversation.

I really want Nnedi to become a household name but all I can feel from this is the dread that ignorant people will attribute this to GRRM instead of the female author it belongs to. Like I honestly think the show should officially be "Nnedi Okorafor's Who Fears Death" just so that people don't get it twisted that their fantasy messiah doesn't come up with everything and that there are black speculative fiction authors just as good, let alone better than Martin. Maybe I'm just too concerned but this seems ripe for people to erase Nnedi from the conversation.

I really don't want a white man telling this story. It already sounds like it's going to be some bull. Now I read this last year. I couldn't finish it because I was getting bored of it, but the third or fifth chapter (I forget which) has some real shit going on in it. The story is also very specifically black. The two main characters are mixed and are ostracized in their communities because of it.

It's also a very female story as well. The main character has a strong bond with her mother and goes through a uhhh, I forgot what you call it. I don't know why I'm blanking on that word right now. If any of y'all are interested in reading it maybe I shouldn't mention it anyway. The story is also fantasy, not science-fiction at all. I don't know where they got that bullshit. It's magic all up in there. At one point she enters a living house. She seeks the local shaman to teach her juju and she's haunted by her white wizard father who raped her mother.

A black woman should very much take the helm of this. I would take a black man, but preferably a black woman.

Why don't game companies do collections? I can buy A-Team the movie, Superbad, and Biker Boys all on one dvd for 5 bucks in the checkout line of Bi-lo. But I can't buy Super Bonk or Turtles In Time

The fuck are you talking about they do all the time? The Crash one just came out and before that the Disney Collection came out before. Just because they're not doing the old ass games you want doesn't mean they aren't doing them.

The fuck are you talking about they do all the time? The Crash one just came out and before that the Disney Collection came out before. Just because they're not doing the old ass games you want doesn't mean they aren't doing them.

theres also a shit load of bundle sites for pc games, HumbleBundle sometimes even does games for consoles too.

Zekes!

I love Ecclesia but I'm worse off than you since I think I only have an hour of SotN under my belt. That's a big blight on my gaming cred and I really want to go back to it. Hoping that the consensus on Bloodstained is that it surpasses SotN so I can be satisfied with just that

SotN is good but the Sorrow games are better IMO

Slayven

Considering the back catalog of most game companies, those are the exceptions that prove the rule

Slayven

Fryewulf goes on a rant about white culture

“As a white person raised around mostly white people for a good amount of my life, I'd like to clear up the idea white culture doesn't exist,” he began the thread.

He then made statements like, “White culture is not considering anything racist until a robed KKK member kills someone on camera, chewing tobacco, child leashes, & clowns,” and “White culture is telling POC or even other white people they're "too aggressive" when they call you out on saying/doing something racist.”

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2017/07/09/white-people-culture.html?cid=applenews
Yo Slayven what's this about Hulk having a collateral damage sense to avoid civilian casualties?

There was a throw away panel where AMadeus Cho said Hulk did high level calculations to ensure his smashing doesn't hurt anyone.. Cho was a hardcore Hulk fanboy, so it is wishful thinking at best

2 in as many years, we are being flooded

There were more than those two. Prinny did mention Humble Bundle does those, one of y'all gave me a Sega Collection from Steam. The NES Classic Mini is one and then we'll get another one this year with SNES Classic mini. In PS2 there was Street Fighter Anthology and then we get other shit like Super Mario All-Stars which I think was also released for the Wii, people like Naughty Dog offer packages with all 3 Uncharteds and so on. Everybody can't hop on that though. People like us are in the minority so they probably don't feel that the costs might not be justified. I think sometimes there might be licensing issues too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom