• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

No hero could beat Pinhead
0037984afc2a391fadc15ffbd2051bff.jpg

what is Precure?

Bootleg, 4383 generation sailor moon copies

Malyse

You know, I bet if nintendo did all their late ports (DQ10, DBX2) with an amiibo bundle, they would catch a lot of people with a double dip and/or get people to wait for that version.

Decided to jump back into Arrow after sitting out S4 because well...it was trash.

Man coming back to Arrow after Agents of Shield is....tough the small "real life" details that kept the world together are not there consistently in Arrow. Example, Daisy and Co routinely get their asses beat while out on mission visible injuries galore is par for the course. Oliver? Never, his scooby gang one got tortured so it'd look weird if he didn't have bruising but overall? Nah. But honestly even those are small compared to everyone's ability to simply maim their enemies with their projectile. The suspension of disbelief works with Oliver because this show spent a great deal of time showing the viewer how much he trained with his bow. But all these other people? Nah, especially Diggle and Rene I just can't (and these dudes never reload lmao).

I'm going to finish the season but my perspective on this show has changed after not seeing it for close to 2 years.

I'm surprised they haven't called Ollie the "Dark Knight" with how much this show apes Batman mythos. Though honestly...I ain't even mad at it, wasn't back during season 1 or 2, or 3. I do give them props on how they integrate these characters onto Oliver Queen.

LotusHD

Banned
Yea, as good as Arrow S5 is, it and the rest of the Arrowverse still has a bunch of stuff where you just kind of have to look the other way. :p

Yea, as good as Arrow S5 is, it and the rest of the Arrowverse still has a bunch of stuff where you just kind of have to look the other way. :p

I remember when people made fun of how Oliver would basically fire rapple arrows into the sky and zip away. So then in the next season they added a "tink" sound, then they started showing the arrow latching on to something. It's those small details.

Malyse

You know what, I don't think Ant-Man gets the love it deserves. That was a solid ass movie. It's no GotG2 or Cap3, but it's still quite good.
Which one are you playing?

Pokemon Apex. It's an otherwise okay game, but I'm over an hour in and still haven't gotten any fucking pokeballs.

Slayven

Decided to jump back into Arrow after sitting out S4 because well...it was trash.

Man coming back to Arrow after Agents of Shield is....tough the small "real life" details that kept the world together are not there consistently in Arrow. Example, Daisy and Co routinely get their asses beat while out on mission visible injuries galore is par for the course. Oliver? Never, his scooby gang one got tortured so it'd look weird if he didn't have bruising but overall? Nah. But honestly even those are small compared to everyone's ability to simply maim their enemies with their projectile. The suspension of disbelief works with Oliver because this show spent a great deal of time showing the viewer how much he trained with his bow. But all these other people? Nah, especially Diggle and Rene I just can't (and these dudes never reload lmao).

I'm going to finish the season but my perspective on this show has changed after not seeing it for close to 2 years.

I'm surprised they haven't called Ollie the "Dark Knight" with how much this show apes Batman mythos. Though honestly...I ain't even mad at it, wasn't back during season 1 or 2, or 3. I do give them props on how they integrate these characters onto Oliver Queen.
Why all of Ollie's friends want to be superheroes? Not like they got superpowers and wanted to use them.

Why the hell did that dude not make sure he took the right meds is my question. I mean it's an OTC just look at the bottle for christ sake.
9/10 they are blue, folks just shoving random pills in their mouths without looking?

You know what, I don't think Ant-Man gets the love it deserves. That was a solid ass movie. It's no GotG2 or Cap3, but it's still quite good.

Pokemon Apex. It's an otherwise okay game, but I'm over an hour in and still haven't gotten any fucking pokeballs.
That sounds kind of bad. I never heard of this one. I played Prism a while ago and that's pretty good. It had some issues, but there have been patches for it, so maybe the problems I had are gone now.

Why all of Ollie's friends want to be superheroes? Not like they got superpowers and wanted to use them.

9/10 they are blue, folks just shoving random pills in their mouths without looking?
Same problem with all the CW shows. Not everyone needs to be a superhero. I think Jimmy being one is the dumbest. He's a damn photographer with no training He should've died by now. This also brings up something else I wanted to ask. In the comics do these characters have all these side characters supporting them while they fight crime like in the shows?

Malyse

That sounds kind of bad. I never heard of this one. I played Prism a while ago and that's pretty good. It had some issues, but there have been patches for it, so maybe the problems I had are gone now.

Same problem with all the CW shows. Not everyone needs to be a superhero. I think Jimmy being one is the dumbest. He has no money or training. He should've died. This also brings up something else I wanted to ask. In the comics do these characters have all these side characters supporting them while they fight crime like in the shows?

It's still in beta I think, so it can be fixed, but it's annoying as shit.

Slayven

Same problem with all the CW shows. Not everyone needs to be a superhero. I think Jimmy being one is the dumbest. He has no money or training. He should've died. This also brings up something else I wanted to ask. In the comics do these characters have all these side characters supporting them while they fight crime like in the shows?

Very very very rarely, usually when they trying to launch a new character. They all have characters orbit around them, but they are usually off doing their own thing. Hell Daredevil got his first sidekick last year and he been around for damn near 50 years

I like your avi, Joelle is one of my favorites, hopefully she'll get her own episode next season.
She better.

Very very very rarely, usually when they trying to launch a new character. They all have characters orbit around them, but they are usually off doing their own thing. Hell Daredevil got his first sidekick last year and he been around for damn near 50 years
Yeah I don't like it. I feel like if there was a Batman show they'd have Alfred, Luscious Fox, Gordon, and a couple girls guiding him during every mission. These characters should be able to stand on their own. Who's DD's sidekick? His lawyer friend had radioactive waste thrown in his eyes too?

Slayven

She better.

Yeah I don't like it. I feel like if there was a Batman show they'd have Alfred, Luscious Fox, Gordon, and a couple girls guiding him during every mission. These characters should be able to stand on their own. Who's DD's sidekick? His lawyer friend had radioactive waste thrown in his eyes too?

Blindspot
4982515-blindspot.jpg

He can turn invisible. I imagine that tickles Daredevil to death

Faustek

Ok, there my last shea moisture product is finished....and I still don't have anything to replace it with :(
Most of the crap has so much chemicals in it I'm actually getting rashes from trying it...I have bathed in oil, motor oil, on multiple localisations and my skin didn't notice.
The natural/organic section makes me smell like lemon pledge...yeah not touching that.
The "ethnic" section is a damn joke.
I really really don't feel like driving 200km just to find a replacements.
Help a brother would you?
What to use instead of my black bar soap? My Jamaican black bar soap? My black soap shave butter? Not to speak of the lotion....that crap they have here is scented gunk :(
A plus if you know it exists on Amazon. I have given up on Sweden ever catering to me.

I lied to myself talking about how I'd let it go, but there are some seriously eye-opening posts in there.

Have better things to do than to get my daily reminder that people are stupid.

Ok, there my last shea moisture product is finished....and I still don't have anything to replace it with :(
Most of the crap has so much chemicals in it I'm actually getting rashes from trying it...I have bathed in oil, motor oil, on multiple localisations and my skin didn't notice.
The natural/organic section makes me smell like lemon pledge...yeah not touching that.
The "ethnic" section is a damn joke.
I really really don't feel like driving 200km just to find a replacements.
Help a brother would you?
What to use instead of my black bar soap? My Jamaican black bar soap? My black soap shave butter? Not to speak of the lotion....that crap they have here is scented gunk :(
A plus if you know it exists on Amazon. I have given up on Sweden ever catering to me.

Have better things to do than to get my daily reminder that people are stupid.

Try Dudu Osun black soap, or raw black soap.

Use raw shea butter for your skin, or you can go with RaEssence shea lotion (black owned local business who is popular around this area)

Source: me - I sell these products.

Oh shit... you live in Numb world (there's more than 1 black person in Scandinavia? ), Ra Essence don't ship internationally... sorry.

Faustek

Try Dudu Osun black soap, or raw black soap.

Use raw shea butter for your skin, or you can go with RaEssence shea lotion (black owned local business who is popular around this area)

Source: me - I sell these products.

Oh shit... you live in Numb world (there's more than 1 black person in Scandinavia? ), Ra Essence don't ship internationally... sorry.

Haha, a few years back my mom actually commented on this as I was driving her.
"I'm not exotic any more. Look all those little niggs running around now". I couldn't do nothing but drive to the side and laugh.
Yes the Scandinavian part of the world have many of us now. We about to take over
I actually reckon thats what the racist pricks are afraid of.

Oh and thanks for the tip. Will try and find that later.

shingi70

Banned
Shenmue was never good, and I don't know why people were expecting it too come out if even drag back in 2003 didn't want to pay for it.

akira28

lol I lost it when I heard

"Look at this, where would I be without you ass nigga"

��

ya'll going to ruin someone's hours of hard work when he goes home and just shaves all that stuff off.

edit: so feenix you actually about that soap life, moving bars, etc?

Merc_

Shenmue was never good, and I don't know why people were expecting it too come out if even drag back in 2003 didn't want to pay for it.

The truth.

Even back in the Dreamcast days I thought it had garbage controls and was incredibly boring. The Yakuza series is superior in every possible way.

D i Z

Telling y'all that the "new" Cable release of Ant Man is a better flick. I've watched all other releases. All of a sudden there is a new drop with no way to separate it from the others. Dunno why they do this, but there is more substance to every character and motivation in there.

Faustek

Man reading that article with Nyakim, the Queen of the Dark, and remembering Beefys sister.
There's so many weird people out there. Why can't people just be left alone to be themselves? You be you and I'll love you for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom