• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Real talk, I am about to join the L club. Tropical Freeze, Smash 4, Bayonetta 2, and the Wonderful 101 are calling out to me...

And I do plan to get a Vita sometime in the future for Super Dangan Ronpa 2.

Ssb4 and MK8 got me sold. Pikmin too.

Tropical Freeze is looking good, might have to think about that one too.

Jesus! I only got back around $350 federal and state combined. I don't even make that much money either. :/
I didn't get that much back at all. But hey, I'm just glad to be employed in 2014.

Ssb4 and MK8 got me sold. Pikmin too.

Tropical Freeze is looking good, might have to think about that one too.
Oh, damn. MK8 is definitely a title to look out for. I was never a Pikmin guy but it doesn't look bad at all.

Gorillaz

Waiting for what the general impression is before I get smash 4

Strong enough love for it and I'm sold. That is the system seller to me

Slayven

Y'all taklign sideways beccause Nintendo trash talking and shitting on dudes with less than 5 inches will get you banned. What happened to the real Gs?

Enjoy your blackness, at the cost of your souls.

I swear tax returns are the most elaborate scam ever. As you get that money you going to spend it, with nothing to show for it zzz.

I wouldn't call it a scam or anything like that but I guess seeing people real quick to spend that shit does get me shaking my head.

Then again, if you're in proper control of your finances, far be it for me to really say anything.

Slayven

The wii u still has a long way to go to get an L as big as slayven holds.

If Buddah apearred to me and said all of Dy's bastard children will get fathers that love and care fore them and all I had to do was buy a Wii U. I would look him dead in the eye and say "Fuck'em"

i49QqYuVTqZye.gif

Silky

Banned
tumblr_n1qnwwUv2L1szddfjo1_500.jpg

the fuck

hollywood's a fucking joke but lol seriously? jennifer's not event aht fucking good in the role she played lmao

the fuck

hollywood's a fucking joke but lol seriously? jennifer's not event aht fucking good in the role she played lmao

glad I don't give a shit about this stuff.

Just watch Nyong's career completely disappear, regardless of whether she wins or not. Unless you're Halle Berry you're not getting any long lasting relevance (or roles) as a black actress in Hollywood.

Gorillaz

I like her but Jlaw wasnt shit in AH and somethimg bout the part/movie felt lile it was too big for her.

would not be surprised if they gave it to her tho just because

harSon

Banned
glad I don't give a shit about this stuff.

Just watch Nyong's career completely disappear, regardless of whether she wins or not. Unless you're Halle Berry you're not getting any long lasting relevance (or roles) as a black actress in Hollywood.

She was born in Mexico right? She can always take up the Zoe Saldana method of exploit your black ancestry for some black movie roles until you're established, only to toss that shit down the river in favor of your Hispanic background once you're on the cusp of becoming mainstream.

Bruhs, all Lupita did was act like a side chick and get beat. Aren't all women in the African American community capable of that? JLaw is from Kentucky and played a Yankee: such bravery, such boldness.

the fuck

David O. Russell, who has now directed Jennifer Lawrence in two films that have garnered her widespread plaudits, was asked about the 23-year-old’s workload, as the centerpiece of the Hunger Games franchise, at Friday’s Australian Academy’s AACTA Awards.

“I personally think they should give her a bit of breathing room over there because they’re printing money,” Russell told the New York Daily News at the event. “But she’s a very alive person.”

So far, O.K., we guess.

But then he said this: “I’ll tell you what it is about that girl—talk about 12 years of slavery, that’s what the franchise is. And I’m going to get in so much trouble for saying that.”

Welcome to Hollywood

harSon

Banned
She hasn't done anything worthy of legitimate praise since Winter's Bone... I've said it plenty of times, but her best performances come outside of the silver screen.

Gorillaz

The awards have always been a circle jerk for hollywood to pat itself on the back and act like it accomplished something that night.

I love how out of touch all of these award shows are tho.
She hasn't done anything worthy of legitimate praise since Winter's Bone... I've said it plenty of times, but her best performances come outside of the silver screen.

which is.....
lV2kE.png
?

RedSwirl

I was gonna try to rent 12 Years and Captain Phillps before the Oscars but didn't get around to it. Once again I won't be watching just because... well I ain't seen shit that's gonna be on it. I could probably do a whole discussion on how daft a judge I am of performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom