• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Faustek

So reading about how a group of 4 individuals have tried to press this store owner for a "protection fee". The owner refused, got scared, moved to Denmark but hired people to run the store for him.
Now these 4 dudes still wanted something so they went in to the store. Threw out the personell and for 24 hours they ran the store as it was nothing wrong. Filled up the shelves, sold the wares and just pretended like it was normal.
Not sure how to feel about it. Feel sorry for the victims but damn that sounds like some criminal comedy in the making.
Swedish source.

From Robin Thede's new Rundown show on BET:

DL_KU9DXcAA5jYg.jpg

Ava DuVernay calling white women out on their Bluff with this boycott business. When women of color are being sexually harassed abused and so on, white women are nowhere to be found in their defense.

Today in black people covering black songs
6lack does "on and on"
https://youtu.be/HETDClwTAuA
This is dope,
You read the wrong books. Soon I Will Be Invincible and Superpowers: A Novel are absolutely fantastic. I also have a lot of affection for So Not a Hero and the DIRE books. There's also Reckoners, Wearing the Cape, Superheroes Anonymous, Velveteen Vs, How to Succeed in Evil and Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm a Supervillain. And most of these run like $4 or are part of Kindle Unlimited.
I gotta check this out later.

Johndoey

Banned
I happen to catch the end of Gotham last night and it was a 7 minute scene of the Penguin telling the Riddler "Nigga you dumb"
They been going full bore this season. Bruce is pretty much already forming the Malone persona and the party boy mask. Riddler is doing his back to the top arc, and Barbara Keen is somehow the best character on the show.

Like a fine wine it's gotten better with age.
And unlike most Batman properties these days the writers are smart enough not to shove the Joker into everything.

The only negatives I'll say is Poison Ivy is going nowhere and Tabitha hooking back up with Barb is eh.

Slayven

They been going full bore this season. Bruce is pretty much already forming the Malone persona and the party boy mask. Riddler is doing his back to the top arc, and Barbara Keen is somehow the best character on the show.

Like a fine wine it's gotten better with age.
And unlike most Batman properties these days the writers are smart enough not to shove the Joker into everything.

The only negatives I'll say is Poison Ivy is going nowhere and Tabitha hooking back up with Barb is eh.

Not going to lie, I like this look for Mr.Freeze

Slayven

IGN buying Humble Bundle reminded me I use to kinda work for them.

I was a mod on their message boards, and was paid in their premier service, which at that time was kinda of a good deal.

IGN buying Humble Bundle reminded me I use to kinda work for them.

I was a mod on their message boards, and was paid in their premier service, which at that time was kinda of a good deal.

And here I am trying to get my foot into the door of that industry.

You work for IGN or HB?

Malyse

Damn, they really give you the whole first game with Xenoverse 2 on Switch. I thought it was just gonna be the main story, but they put in the Broly fight and the GT stuff.

Top Bottom