• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Super excited for Black Panther in MvC, he looks slick as hell.

I’m slightly optimistic that twitter might start cracking down on the hateful people on their platform. That Rose McGowan debacle gave them really bad optics.

Izuna

Banned
I
Got
The
Job!

TFW you get a grad job before you graduate a different major.

"I'll take a risk", said the new boss, as he sends me to work in a mere week with two holidays already planned for this year.

Jerk Chicken for errbody

Johndoey

Banned
Good morning everyone.

Evil Withon good so far. Plot is still a mess but gameplay is solid enough some really interesting stuff going on with the art direction.
-
Got people drinking contaminated water to avoid dehydration while their President congratulates himself over gutting healthcare for several million people. Good shit.
-
Oneohtrix Point Never Submersible

LotusHD

Banned
Oh god. People are discovering Goodnight Punpun and that shit is invigorating me like crazy.

I have been meaning to finish that, been stalling for like years now lol

Damn Diz got got?

Oh damn

I
Got
The
Job!

"I'll take a risk", said the new boss, as he sends me to work in a mere week with two holidays already planned for this year.

Jerk Chicken for errbody

Congrats

Biscoff cookie spread.....

*Whispers into the night*

It's made out of cookies.....

Seriously, this stuff is amazing. Especially with Graham crackers. It's godlike.

Slayven

Feels like fighting games are dying as a genre, like they will be relegated to just being equipment for Evo and other tournments

Slayven

Sounds like diabeetus

Screen-Shot-2017-03-15-at-6.43.18-PM.png

Really ? *sigh* fuck sake.

Everyone is going away. 😞

What the hell. Who else got Got so far? And what racism thread? Honestly the white people on the Left can be more dangerous than the racists on the Right. Sometimes NeoGaf just makes me feel TRIGGERED.

I
Got
The
Job!

Jerk Chicken for errbody

Congrats mi yute. Ill bring the Coleslaw, Rum Cake and Potato Pudding.

OK, this Wu album is on point.

Woah. There's a new Wu album????

Feels like fighting games are dying as a genre, like they will be relegated to just being equipment for Evo and other tournments

Well...yeah. Between the lackluster efforts from Capcom (MVC: I, SFV) the death of arcades and server issues. No one really gives a fuck about fighting games anymore except the ones who can be considered Elite players.

Johndoey

Banned
Surprisingly the Naughty Dog thread isn't a total dumpster fire. Most people have their hands screwed on enough to shelve the video game pissing contest bullshit for a while.

What the hell. Who else got Got so far? And what racism thread? Honestly the white people on the Left can be more dangerous than the racists on the Right. Sometimes NeoGaf just makes me feel TRIGGERED.

Congrats mi yute. Ill bring the Coleslaw, Rum Cake and Potato Pudding.

Woah. There's a new Wu album????

Well...yeah. Between the lackluster efforts from Capcom (MVC: I, SFV) the death of arcades and server issues. No one really gives a fuck about fighting games anymore except the ones who can be considered Elite players.

I'm not an elite player, but I care a great fuck.

Yeah, the new Wu is called The Saga Continues.

RedSwirl

To me it feels like the real dark ages were most of the 00's, between like 2003 and 2008 or so. And overall FG popularity seems to ebb and flow with how much Capcom gives a shit. During the PS2 era basically everybody but Capcom kept releasing fighting games, but nobody beyond the niche really cared except the brief mainstream success of Soul Calibur 2. I mean Capcom gave us CvS2 back then, but everything else was either a port or something it kinda just tossed out. By 2006 whenever people talked about Virtua Fighter 5 it seemed as if FGs were gonna die outside Japanese arcades.

The "return" kinda coincides with SFIV, after which you got SCIV, a whole lotta ports, Marvel 3, SxT, JoJo, BlazBlue, MK9, and whatnot. Now Capcom doesn't seem to be committing anymore and despite everybody else still having output, the overall popularity of the genre is still suffering.

Slayven

To me it feels like the real dark ages were most of the 00's, between like 2003 and 2008 or so. And overall FG popularity seems to ebb and flow with how much Capcom gives a shit. During the PS2 era basically everybody but Capcom kept releasing fighting games, but nobody beyond the niche really cared except the brief mainstream success of Soul Calibur 2. I mean Capcom gave us CvS2 back then, but everything else was either a port or something it kinda just tossed out. By 2006 whenever people talked about Virtua Fighter 5 it seemed as if FGs were gonna die outside Japanese arcades.

The "return" kinda coincides with SFIV, after which you got SCIV, a whole lotta ports, Marvel 3, SxT, JoJo, BlazBlue, MK9, and whatnot. Now Capcom doesn't seem to be committing anymore and despite everybody else still having output, the overall popularity of the genre is still suffering.
I never hear anyone talk about Blazblue anymore, seems like they released a new version every month for a while.

Mizerman

I never hear anyone talk about Blazblue anymore, seems like they released a new version every month for a while.

Well, Blazblue and Guilty Gear are already niche and have a stigma about being "anime games" that prevents them from gaining more mainstream attention. That and other factors as well.

NoName999

Surprisingly the Naughty Dog thread isn't a total dumpster fire. Most people have their hands screwed on enough to shelve the video game pissing contest bullshit for a while.

Go back to that to topic. We now have a yokel basically saying that men can't get raped because they always want to sleep with every woman and some yahoo saying that men getting raped isn't a problem in Brazil.

Top Bottom