• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

I feel you, I've always wanted to be involved in a team that made a fighting game in some capacity, at least.

Well, I still want to. I haven't nailed down 2D game development so I need to do that before I move to 3D because my fighting game is going to be a 3D fighter.
Edit: You switched back to the Master of None av right after I posted this.

Faustek

Tullamore still isn't worth it.

That shit is fucked. Naughty God is disgusting for doing that shit. I feel bad for the victim.

Nah, Sony HR did that. Slammed the lid on it and made damn sure people knew they weren't worth shit if they talked.
Slowly but surely I've been learning that I'm not the boss, my boss isn't, his bosses aren't either. HR is. All we can come with is suggestions and HR will decide. Depending on the issue HR and a few lawyers might decide what's what.

Anyway I need another shot of back oil before bed. 😴

TheSun

Man, if I could make a fighting game, it'll be similar like the Aki games(No Mercy, Fight for NY).
Actually, I'd like a good wrestling game besides Fire Pro.

Man, if I could make a fighting game, it'll be similar like the Aki games(No Mercy, Fight for NY).
Actually, I'd like a good wrestling game besides Fire Pro.

Brah, do we share the same mind!? I thought that too!! But my game would be about street gangs. A spiritual successor of sorts to Fight for NY. But it might be more... supernatural than it's inspiration.

TheSun

Brah, do we share the same mind!? I thought that too!! But my game would be about street gangs. A spiritual successor of sorts to Fight for NY. But it might be more... supernatural than it's inspiration.

Brother!

Like, the Def Jam fighting games were a once in a lifetime sort of deal. If we could get a successor to that I'd buy the ever loving hell out of it. So good.

Saw Marshall a while ago. It's good, but I was disappointed that it didn't show any of Thurgood's career as a judge. I've seen courtroom procedurals from the lawyer's perspective a dozen times. I hardly ever see it from the judge's and being the Supreme Court Judge was the main thing he's known for.

I wonder if Chadwick Boseman is going to be the go to for playing someone in a biopic. This is his third one.

LotusHD

Banned
I prefer to do everything blind and grind my way through which has worked for me until now. I relented and used a guide.

It was partially rhetorical, I of course understand why. But meh, as I've gotten older, I stopped caring as much, especially when it becomes clear that my stubbornness may lead me to dislike the game if I struggle too long to figure out whatever it is I'm trying to complete.

Like for the 3rd palace for example, I just googled one of the passcodes to save time lol

It was partially rhetorical, I of course understand why. But meh, as I've gotten older, I stopped caring as much, especially when it becomes clear that my stubbornness may lead me to dislike the game if I struggle too long to figure out whatever it is I'm trying to complete.

Like for the 3rd palace for example, I just googled one of the passcodes to save time lol

You make a good point. I'll probably continue to use a guide during my playthrough if I hit a wall again.

We were on the subject of fighting games anyone have a favorite boss theme or stage/character theme?.

At my grandpa birthday and find out 2 of my little cousins are rapping now. With the man one on his mos def childish Gambino hybrid look.
Spent my time giving them actual criticism as they are getting generic only positive feedback. With some hope I can prevent them from rapping in triplets

Just found out Bootsy Collins has a new album coming out in a couple weeks. After listening to two of the singles I'm fucking ready. Listened to the Kali Uchis one a week ago, but didn't realize it was going to be for a new album.

Happy death day 6/10

It's part this part that, all nothing

uses obvious male body double for killer so you think the killer is male
and doesn't explain much

I wanted to make a character action game with a black woman as the MC. But I forgot which character/person I wanted to base her on.
Jennifer Lawrence

mystique-set-images-jennifer-lawrence-x-men-days-of-future-past-foxy-cleopatra.png

RedSwirl

Nobody really tried to do the F2P thing on PC for fighting games. I mean the LoL, DOTA 2, Hearthstone, etc. business model from somebody like Valve or Blizzard. The closest you got was the free version of Killer Instinct and for that you gotta deal with the Microsoft Store on PC.

The real closest thing is actually Overwatch -- that game already provides a lot of what casual players ever wanted out of fighting games, interesting-looking characters to investigate and do fan art of.

Why haven't N'sync demand royalties for Fast and Furious films?
Vin clearly stole the idea from N'sync Girlfriend video
Including the closeted gay and the diversity except they had a black woman

Izuna

Banned
Thanks guys :)

Woke up feeling hung over despite not drinking just because I slept for like 14 hours. It's amazing how good news can help you sleep.

I would argue that there is a direct correlation between Trump being in office and all these sexual abusers being exposed.

I'm telling you, it's the Year of the White Woman. Weinstein was finally vulnerable, and they pounced. I just hope they keep using their powers for good and not evil. And to not keep trying to make women of color their mules.

I wonder if Chadwick Boseman is going to be the go to for playing someone in a biopic. This is his third one.

Considering he doesn't look a damn thing like Thurgood Marshall, I'd say yes. I suspect he's trying to get that Denzel 2.0 spot.

NoName999

I'm telling you, it's the Year of the White Woman. Weinstein was finally vulnerable, and they pounced. I just hope they keep using their powers for good and not evil. And to not keep trying to make women of color their mules.

If only white feminism voted for the human incarnation of white feminism during the election lol

NoName999

I haven't heard of this Hopsin guy until now. So I went to research him.

Thanks guys for making me know another loser. :|

He has a punchable face that rivals Ted Cruz.

Sch1sm

Imagine getting paid to put your hands inside Hopsin's crack, brehs.

Money is never that tight, g.

Just found out Bootsy Collins has a new album coming out in a couple weeks. After listening to two of the singles I'm fucking ready. Listened to the Kali Uchis one a week ago, but didn't realize it was going to be for a new album.

You listen to Daniel Caeser at all? Only ask 'cause a track on his recently released album has a Kali Uchis feature on it.

Hope D i Z is alright.

He ain't dead, and he'll be back soon enough. You can catch him in the Discord.

Top Bottom