• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

LionPride

Banned
Cause the actual product is shit because players don't like to practice so they demanded THAT in the last CBA instead of, you know.

Money.

When Devonta Freeman is the highest paid Running Back and is getting paid backup center on the Timberwolves who we are tryna trade money

And it ain't all guaranteed

LionPride

Banned
You know that ads on the jerseys just means we'll get billions of commercials AND ads on jerseys right?
I on;y care about one of those things

And it ain't the jerseys

Give me less ads

Shit even Rodger had to say it was too much

Also Goddell has only been Commish for a short period of time and I still hate his ass

D i Z

Gaah what to write.

When all else fails, I often find inspiration from past lovers, sexy time, and the moments that I decided not to end a fool. Depending on what I'm writing. You're own experience is usually the most forthcoming, and easy to communicate.

For the sake of conversation I'll ask this.
Is Kaep playing again something that people really want? People are fickle and hated him when he was on the 49'ers because they hated the 49'ers (Understandably).
Could he not be doing something more important, or is there an expectation that he's going to continue to quietly protest during anthems and find some professional security, or expand on his message and go bigger?
I'm not sure what anyone is expecting from him after he turned around on the largest stage he ever had and said don't vote.
Is him getting back to being an easy to dismiss headline on the field what we're talking about, or are we looking for him to be more? If more, how much could he do in that system, and why not out of it?
I've not seen anything about this situation that leads me to believe that Kaep is going to keep his politics public, but will stay charitable.

Sorry pretty late on this, but I want him to get back in the league so that other players don't look at him as the example of why not to speak up about something. It's pretty hypocritical that the league wants people to be model citizens but only continues to reward actual criminals and in this case punish someone whose doing something positive.

I would.

Employers want their sellers to milk every penny out of their customers possible. You gotta be cool with knowingly ripping people off to do that.
Yeah, they do..with such a low base salary and such high expectations on commission, it's pretty much something you have to know when you get into, I guess.
Are you okay with potentially selling yourself out in the process?
what do you mean?

D i Z

IGN's partnering with Disney XD to compete with content providers might actually age a few people out of their gaming is oxygen fixation. Then again, it might just solidify some arrested development. I dunno.

But seriously, Paranoia Agent is a good anime.

Satoshi Kon is a good director. The music from Susumu Hirasawa is awesome.

Its a dang ol' shame he died. His posthumous film will never be completed. Dreaming Machine looked cool.
PA the god only surpassed by FLCL
Then followed by Lucy Daughter of the devil

Shy

cPMJbvq.gif

I don't give a shit if he plays or not, he's just a byproduct of the issue. A symptom.

Josh Rosen will encounter the same shit, the NFL sees anybody that strays outside the lines and grinds them down and blacklists them.

A player shouldn't be drummed out of a sport he has the physical ability and mental acumen to be able to continue to play simply because he didn't toe the line.

The NFL is by far the most conservative sporting league in the western world, and the NFLPA being utterly useless has enabled the owners to effectively control every player and what they are allowed to do.

Agreed. They made room for Mike Vick. Someone has room for a man still young who took his team to the Superbowl. Especially if perpetual losers like Jay Cutler continue to have a job. But I agree the NFLPA is damn near a cautionary tale. They should be looking up to the NBAPA and taking good notes on how to protect and empower their members.

If he still has the talent, he should have a job. Whether he voted or not, let us all reflect on what lead to his kneeling and stance in the first place: The continuing string of innocent black and brown bodies being slain by police in America.

On ESPN's First Take on Friday, [Richard] Sherman was asked if Kap was being blackballed by NFL teams.

”I'm sure he is," Sherman said. ”It's difficult to see because he's played at such a high level, and you see guys, quarterbacks, who have never played at a high level being signed by teams. So it's difficult to understand."

He continues, ”But you see quarterbacks, there was a year Matt Schaub had a pretty rough year and got signed the next year. So it has nothing to do with football. You can see that. They signed guys who have had off years before."

Also,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...o-slave-patrol-after-philando-castile-verdict (he's not wrong)

He didn't ignore the deaths of our fellow brothers and sisters and did what he felt he could given the platform he had. If for that he is no longer employable, perhaps that provides yet another reason why the NFL product is no longer watchable. But that is up to each individual. No judgment either way.

andthebeatgoeson

This is what's killing the sport.

Folks only give a shit about highlights, nobody watches the actual drives anymore.
They make it so hard to watch your favorite team. In an age were i can buy 80 games of my favorite baseball team or 40 games of my favorite basketball team, they want me to buy a whole service just for football.

I want Kap to play because this is now my personal growth to figure out how essential football is to me. And I'm learning that life goes on and i don't have to watch. That my livelihood and rights are more important to me than these games. That they love 5% of racists, more than all of us and most of the players.

Yeah, Kap is a dumb ass on voting and I'll never agree to that in this country. But ultimately, he represents me and what i believe, instead of the guys who want this to go away. He may even be the Democratic party: lesser of the evils. But his heart is good and on my side.

This does nothing to stop me from calling out his bullshit but he is educating a generation of black athletes, who will have LeBron and Kap and Melo to look up to. The finances have been secured and now I demand the athletes throw off the MJ rules and do for our kids. Not be worried about Republican dollars and keep taking the message to those open to it. Don't let the nice dinners and willing women sooth your heart and mind when you know the truth.

Mrs.Manky help me , I need an adult.

BOSSIP has a tv show.....On cable. WE tv has it

If you're willing to watch stories of swirls and people getting their cakes chopped down...then I can't stop you. You're a grown man. At least it'll be black people getting paid for that nonsense.

And on another note: I have a pop culture theory. 2017 is the Year of the White Woman. From the 53% to the "Pussy Hat" March to Wonder Woman's success to Katheryn Bigelow to the ladies of Game of Thrones, white women be out here.

Slayven

If you're willing to watch stories of swirls and people getting their cakes chopped down...then I can't stop you. You're a grown man. At least it'll be black people getting paid for that nonsense.

And on another note: I have a pop culture theory. 2017 is the Year of the White Woman. From the 53% to the "Pussy Hat" March to Wonder Woman's success to Katheryn Bigelow to the ladies of Game of Thrones, white women be out here.

I watched a little bit and it is the TMZ format but with black people, and they weren't letting corny jokes slide.

Malyse

Maladaptive belief: If I don’t do as well as others, I’m a failure.
More functional belief: If I don’t do as well as others, I’m not a failure, just human.

Maladaptive belief: If I ask for help, it’s a sign of weakness.
More functional belief: If I ask for help when I need it, I’m showing good problem-solving abilities (which is a sign of strength).

Maladaptive belief: If I fail at work/school, I’m a failure as a person.
More functional belief: If I fail at work/school, it’s not a reflection of my whole self. (My whole self includes how I am as a friend, child, sibling, relative, citizen, and community member, and my qualities of kindness, sensitivity to others, helpfulness, etc.) Also, failure is not a permanent condition.

Maladaptive belief: I should be able to excel at everything I try.
More functional belief: I shouldn’t be able to excel at something unless I am gifted in that area (and am willing and able to devote considerable time and effort toward it at the expense of other things.

Maladaptive belief: I should always work hard and do my best.
More functional belief: I should put in a reasonable amount of effort much of the time.

Maladaptive belief: If I don’t live up to my potential, I have failed.
More functional belief: If I do less than my best, I have succeeded perhaps 70%, 80%, or 90%; not 0%.

Maladaptive belief: If I don’t work hard all the time, I’ll fail.
More functional belief: If I don’t work hard all the time, I’ll probably do reasonably well and have a more balanced life.

Maladaptive belief: If I don’t do as well as others, I’m a failure.
More functional belief: If I don’t do as well as others, I’m not a failure, just human.

Maladaptive belief: If I ask for help, it’s a sign of weakness.
More functional belief: If I ask for help when I need it, I’m showing good problem-solving abilities (which is a sign of strength).

Maladaptive belief: If I fail at work/school, I’m a failure as a person.
More functional belief: If I fail at work/school, it’s not a reflection of my whole self. (My whole self includes how I am as a friend, child, sibling, relative, citizen, and community member, and my qualities of kindness, sensitivity to others, helpfulness, etc.) Also, failure is not a permanent condition.

Maladaptive belief: I should be able to excel at everything I try.
More functional belief: I shouldn’t be able to excel at something unless I am gifted in that area (and am willing and able to devote considerable time and effort toward it at the expense of other things.

Maladaptive belief: I should always work hard and do my best.
More functional belief: I should put in a reasonable amount of effort much of the time.

Maladaptive belief: If I don’t live up to my potential, I have failed.
More functional belief: If I do less than my best, I have succeeded perhaps 70%, 80%, or 90%; not 0%.

Maladaptive belief: If I don’t work hard all the time, I’ll fail.
More functional belief: If I don’t work hard all the time, I’ll probably do reasonably well and have a more balanced life.

This is actually pretty helpful.

Top Bottom