• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Village

You ever have a dream so horrifying you can't go back to sleep, I got hit with one of those. It made me want to commit suicide in dream, and the thought persisted in real life and I had to calm myself down.

Shit was wild

You ever have a dream so horrifying you can't go back to sleep, I got hit with one of those. It made me want to commit suicide in dream, and the thought persisted in real life and I had to calm myself down.

Shit was wild

nah fam. all my dreams are action adventure movies on some Splintercell/MGS/Bond type shit. Infiltration, smash & grab, scale the building through the air vents type shit.

Spike Lee Developing TV Series Inspired by ‘Young Black Mark Zuckerberg’ Tech Entrepreneur

Spike Lee is gearing up to shop around a new TV series with tech entrepreneur and multi-hyphenate rising star Chad Sanders, Variety has learned exclusively.

The series, titled “Archer,” is a dark comedy and sociological thriller capturing the life of a 20-something African-American coding genius and iconoclast living in Brooklyn who has developed a dating app that reads sexual chemistry. The central character is described as a “young, black Mark Zuckerberg-like protagonist,” and the story will travel between New York, Silicon Valley, and Berlin’s famously sexual environment.

spike-lee-chad-sanders-tech-entrepreneur-tv-show-archer-1202523860/
also fuck all those 18-24 yr olds me and my boys played in Football today

One, excellent idea for a show.

Two, don't call it Archer.

Three, I know why, but don't call your protagonist a “young, black Mark Zuckerberg-like protagonist” because Zuckerberg is an asshole and fucks over black people on Facebook.

Four, don't call it Archer.

andthebeatgoeson

Mike Bennett sat for the anthem today.

roc-claps-o.gif

58ntyz.gif

That's my QB. And it's not fair.

Johndoey

Banned
Only dreams I recall are one where I walking through a paper version of London, that weird corpse dream, and one about a multi-cultural group of grave robbing teens in purple sweaters.

Shit was wild

You're not alone. I once had a dream in my teens that I was in hell. It felt so real and so hot, it was terrifying. I couldn't take it anymore and woke up screaming, then collapsing back onto my bed.

Malyse

Damn, Netflix just snatched up Shonda Rhimes.

-----
Code:
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/c77bb5b1e6ace09e28b7df690d0b584e/tumblr_ouj474sGE71qb3yxoo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Bronx-Man

Banned
That nigga Lawrence really let himself get involved in a scene outta Blacked, i'm sick

could have himself a nubian queen but he's messing with gluten-free all-artisanal "I was told by AppleCare" coochie

Royce McCutcheon

Y'all here about this going on in Texas?

Houston, TX — On Friday, TFTP reported that the officers responsible for the public rape of an innocent woman on the side of the road would not be charged. After hearing the news, the attorney for Charnesia Corley announced that they had dash cam video of this sexual assault and they promised to release it.

“Once the community sees this video, they’re going to be outraged, disgusted with what they see and the District Attorney’s Office stuck themselves right in the middle of this case,” Sam Cammack, Corley’s attorney said. Cammack was correct — the video is horrifying and serves as a testament to the immoral and tyrannical devastation the war on drugs leaves in its path.

“A 21-year-old African-American, female, college student, had never had any criminal history never been in trouble,” said Cammack. However, these officers couldn’t have cared less about Corley’s innocence.

As TFTP reported at the time, Corley was on her way to the store to get medicine for her sick mother in June of 2015 when she was detained by police for allegedly running a stop sign. Within minutes, this routine traffic stop turned into a waking nightmare as cops publicly raped her in search of a plant.

The incident was so horrific that the cops involved in the public rape were actually charged with official oppression. However, like most cops who get charged with a crime, this month, those charges were dropped.

As ABC 13 reports, a Harris County grand jury cleared William Strong and Ronaldine Pierre of official oppression last week. It was the second time the case against them had been presented. The first time, under the previous DA administration, a grand jury indicted the officers and former Sheriff Ron Hickman was furious.

Last week, as ABC 13 notes, the District Attorney’s Office took the cases to a second grand jury, who dismissed the charges. Court documents note the reason as “grand jury action.”

“They were already indicted and set for trial under the old administration and the new administration no bills them, finds a grand jury that will no bill them and they claim it’s based on new evidence,” Cammack said.

However, that ‘new evidence’ is nothing more than medical records the state always had, according to Cammack.

Both of the rapist deputies have kept their jobs in spite of the now dropped charges. Since they publicly raped Corley on the side of the road 2015, they’ve been collecting their paychecks.

As TFTP reported at the time, according to the Harris County Sheriff’s Department, Strong, the deputy who pulled Corley over asked her to step out of the vehicle after “smelling what he believed to be marijuana.”

TheSun

Shit was wild

Sorry to hear that. Yeah...I have those too.

There's a particular one I had that wasn't very pleasant at all. Doubt I'll ever repeat it, but living in it was not fun.

Here's one with slightly different language.

http://abc13.com/charges-dropped-against-deputies-accused-in-search/2295107/

I'm not sure why cavity searches are allowed in public.

Technically, they're not, but for the most part departments are doing what they want to do, and no one is regulating whats constitutional and unconstitutional. Cavity searches can't be conducted without a warrant, probable cause or not. Unless there's some new unwritten law that states otherwise.

Slayven

That nigga Lawrence really let himself get involved in a scene outta Blacked, i'm sick

could have himself a nubian queen but he's messing with gluten-free all-artisanal "I was told by AppleCare" coochie

The blonde chick was just doing Disney channel movies a few years ago

I remember back earlier this year some gaf posters would argue that it was inappropriate to label Alt Right scum as Nazis.

I need to go back and see where are those posters now.

Yea it's good, though you might be like me and take awhile to warm up to it.

Thanks I'll give it a chance at least.

I'm not trying to backseat mod, but I am surprised that we still have this discussion. You are now being judged because you have an Anime avatar? I mean, yeah there are bad and good anime depending on your perspective, but what am I seeing in this thread is a generalization of people who enjoys Japanese animated shows. So what's next, we would judge people because they have a black celebrity as their avatar?

Whats that law again

Top Bottom