• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

D i Z

I'm sorry. I'm so pissed right now. We literally have Nazis running amok and people are still being "moderates". People have died because of them and we still have stupid motherfuckers preaching about what we shouldn't do from their marble columns. It's infuriating. For crying out loud, there's no debate for Nazis. It's fucking Nazis. There's no side to this but the side of stopping them before it starts. And yet...We get the nazi sympathizers, the moderates and the both sides motherfuckers. Let's not forget the silent apathetic folk that aren't gonna demonize this horrible event. I'm so angry right at all this. Just...this shouldn't have happened.

I feel you. But don't let it consume you like that. Speaking to you directly, I know you might have a few moments when this can be tough. Pace yourself is all I'm saying. This road is long as fuck, and we're all going to have to be on it. No exceptions.

I feel you. But don't let it consume you like that. Speaking to you directly, I know you might have a few moments when this can be tough. Pace yourself is all I'm saying. This road is long as fuck, and we're all going to have to be on it. No exceptions.

Yeah. Okay. Thanks for the advice, man. Appreciate it.

D i Z

Bu...alright.

Huuuuuussshhhhh

34e0519284d3894342e718eda31d5a85.gif

Malyse

I wouldn't sacrifice my children. Just not something that I would do. Gimme yours tho, and I'll save the planet from all kinds of shit.

Blood sacrifices hold less power than you think.
It's actually the suffering and pain that makes things happen.
Magic is typically a terrible solution. Espec if you're a decent person.

Malyse

Cool. Thanks man.

NP.

----

There are a lot of really good indie games and demos out there. I can't wait to get a better computer to play them all.

Also, I more than a little wish that Style Savvy have lots of countries' traditional outfits. I would love for SS Switch to be an international game.

----

It would be amazing if Charlottesville killed Confederate.

----

RUHROH

DHHUyJNXoAAeA9D.jpg

What the problem is? We're in troubled times.

I understand but damn.

Also let's discuss for a moment. A brainstorm session if you will. Let's create a game....well discuss creating one. A game with a prominent black cast of characters. What would the genre be? Camera position? Free form? Isometric? Gameplay mechanics?

D i Z

I understand but damn.

Also let's discuss for a moment. A brainstorm session if you will. Let's create a game....well discuss creating one. A game with a prominent black cast of characters. What would the genre be? Camera position? Free form? Isometric? Gameplay mechanics?

You should be putting your affairs in order. But spend the time however you like, I guess.

QE1G7tu.gif

Really? Oh shoot.

Him and Stan Lee.
.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_(comics)
The Black Panther's name predates the October 1966 founding of the Black Panther Party, though not the black panther logo of the party's predecessor, the Lowndes County Freedom Organization, nor the segregated World War II Black Panthers Tank Battalion.[1][2] He is the first black superhero in mainstream comic books; virtually no black heroes were created before him, and none with actual superpowers. These included the characters in the single-issue, low-distribution All-Negro Comics #1 (1947); Waku, Prince of the Bantu, who starred in his own feature in the omnibus title Jungle Tales, from Marvel's 1950s predecessor, Atlas Comics; and the Dell Comics Western character Lobo, the first black person to star in his own comic book. Previous non-caricatured black supporting characters in comics include U.S. Army infantry private Gabriel Jones of Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos.

Shy

Came across this. And thought it would me make you chuckle D.D.

And on another note.
Here's the Gofundme to help with the medicals bill for a young man that got beaten up during the march.
It's already been funded, but if you wanna help out, a little more can always help.

And finally.
I came across this site,The Charlottesville Syllabus. I haven't read through it yet, so i can't vouch for it completely.
But i thought i'd post it here if anyone wants it. (Though i think it should really be it's own thread in the OT)

Here's the Descriptions.
The Charlottesville Syllabus is a resource created by the Graduate Student Coalition for Liberation to be used to educate readers about the long history of white supremacy in Charlottesville, Virginia. With resources selected and summaries written by UVa graduate students, this abridged version of the Syllabus is organized into six sections that offer contemporary and archival primary and secondary sources (articles, books, responses, a documentary, databases) and a list of important terms for discussing white supremacy. Only ”additional resources" are not available online (but can be found either through JSTOR, at the library, or for purchase).

What may be the largest fascist gathering in recent memory is being held in our town center this weekend. The Charlottesville Syllabus seeks to explore the local historical and contemporary precedents for this gathering, to give it history and context, to denounce it, and to amplify the voices of community members most affected by this ”alt-right" occupation of space.

A new and ongoing project, the syllabus is meant to be expanded, revised, and copied. Use this document as it's useful to you, support each other, and take to the streets.
· The GSCL

LionPride

Banned
Swing and a miss, basic Becky. You clearly don't know me well enough to make jokes.

The ability to decide when something is good enough.
I may have completely redesigned the logo last weekend. For the seventh time.

Well the question is, do you want something good enough? Or something genuinely good?

Malyse

All right, I've been off the net all weekend. What happened in Charlottesville

Short version:
The Nazis, KKK, and white supremacy groups protested the removal of confederate shrines on Friday night.
People protested the bigots.
The police said shut this shit down cause they lied about attendance.
They decided to protest again on Sat at noon.
The police said "no really, shut it down" and basically didn't let it start.
Then the fuckboy from Ohio decided that he was going to GTA that shit and fucking ran his goddamn car into a crowd of antifa protesters, killing one and injuring like 19 more. It was horrifying.
And Trump made a both sides speech and immediately swerved to job numbers.

Fucking Nazi cunts had a rally, one of them drove into some anti-Nazi protesters and the orange face cunt refused to denounce them.

Short version:
The Nazis, KKK, and white supremacy groups protested the removal of confederate shrines on Friday night.
People protested the bigots.
The police said shut this shit down cause they lied about attendance.
They decided to protest again on Sat at noon.
The police said "no really, shut it down" and basically didn't let it start.
Then the fuckboy from Ohio decided that he was going to GTA that shit and fucking ran his goddamn car into a crowd of antifa protesters, killing one and injuring like 19 more. It was horrifying.
And Trump made a both sides speech and immediately swerved to job numbers.

I see.

I'm sure the relevant threads have plenty of calls for peace and reaching out to the white supremacists

I probably made a good choice not to check gaf for a while

Malyse

Well the question is, do you want something good enough? Or something genuinely good?

I guarantee that literally every dev on the planet thinks their finished products could be tweaked to be even better. My scope is way too overblown. I'm aware of that, but the concept is so fucking coot that I don't wanna give it up. I'm trying to compromise on releasing a noncanon prototype to get the concept down and then make a fuller scale version.

I just need the time and money to dedicate to active pursuit. Or even more money to hire the people that have the expertise to realize the concept cause I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.
I see.

I'm sure the relevant threads have plenty of calls for peace and reaching out to the white supremacists

Some people got well deserved fades. Also, I forgot to mention that Trump thinks you're stupid too.
Also, a fellowman was lynched feet away from a police station by a white mob of said white supremacists, neo-nazis, etc.

2017 y'all

I actually actively am avoiding knowing any details about that because I know that that will only serve to anger me. That's that shit that fucks with your head. I'm three hours away from Charlottesville.

I see.

Also, a fellowman was lynched feet away from a police station by a white mob of said white supremacists, neo-nazis, etc.

2017 y'all

Malyse

I came across this site,The Charlottesville Syllabus. I haven't read through it yet, so i can't vouch for it completely.
But i thought i'd post it here if anyone wants it. (Though i think it should really be it's own thread in the OT)

Here's the Descriptions.
The Charlottesville Syllabus is a resource created by the Graduate Student Coalition for Liberation to be used to educate readers about the long history of white supremacy in Charlottesville, Virginia. With resources selected and summaries written by UVa graduate students, this abridged version of the Syllabus is organized into six sections that offer contemporary and archival primary and secondary sources (articles, books, responses, a documentary, databases) and a list of important terms for discussing white supremacy. Only “additional resources” are not available online (but can be found either through JSTOR, at the library, or for purchase).

What may be the largest fascist gathering in recent memory is being held in our town center this weekend. The Charlottesville Syllabus seeks to explore the local historical and contemporary precedents for this gathering, to give it history and context, to denounce it, and to amplify the voices of community members most affected by this “alt-right” occupation of space.

A new and ongoing project, the syllabus is meant to be expanded, revised, and copied. Use this document as it’s useful to you, support each other, and take to the streets.
· The GSCL

This is kinda extremely amazing.

Top Bottom