• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

cdyhybrid

rOLzj0M.jpg

Didn't eve marry a billionaire and retire in England
That's dope

Yep. Dude's name is literally Maximilian.

Good for her. I still feel ashamed though. On behalf of the people I mean. I can't imagine all the black dudes who messed that up. Seeing an opportunity instead of a woman.

D i Z

I just got a series of calls from two numbers. One blocked, the other from Beverly Hills.
They left a message, and get this... It's a woman looking to confirm a doctors appointment for Zoe Saldana. She left a call back number to confirm too.

RedSwirl

So I just spent like two hours reading this thread on twitter somebody's been making since July, basically about every US international intervention since the 50's: Iran, Cuba, Haiti, Honduras, etc. https://twitter.com/ZachJCarter/status/885526254149095424

Just wanted to see what everybody thought. I read the whole thing wondering about the perspective taken by the tweets. I remember some podcast talking about the early Cold War-era interventions in a generalized sense from the perspective of the presidency and the people who directed the CIA back then. The one in that thread which took me aback the most though was Nigeria.

D i Z

Another term that needs to be removed from the public lexicon is "Slippery slope". If you can't express the extremes that you fear in concise terms and still make your overall point without the unspoken hypothetical, then you should probably mull it over a little longer before opening your yap.

LotusHD

Banned
Another term that needs to be removed from the public lexicon is "Slippery slope". If you can't express the extremes that you fear in concise terms and still make your overall point without the unspoken hypothetical, then you should probably mull it over a little longer before opening your yap.

See, I'd give a rebuttal here, but I fear that doing so would create a slippery slope of you and the other good members of BCT rightfully giving me the side-eye forever. ;D

Failure to State the hypothetical consequences is just bad argumentation. No need to completely remove the slippery slope logical fallacy concept.

The internet is generally a poor forum for back and forth. Not only do dumb people get the benefit of delaying their responses so they can be Google gurus in the interim, but if someone gives an accusation such as "slippery slope" as repudiation in real time, you can just stare or gesture to them that you are waiting for an actual rebuttal rather than having to explicitly ask.

D i Z

What you get?

Almost everything :/
32 books was my sleepy count this morning. Got a lot of runs that I have in storage for the kindle. I wasn't even done either. I wanted to get the rest of the Hawkeye series before I pulled myself away.

I just spent 20mins arguing with an older white gentlemen on whether or not Vivica A Fox has gotten plastix surgery done.

Because no one her she actually looks that God in real life without work being done.

Slayven

Need some help, I wanna get this shirt from this week's Double Toasted, anyone know where it's sold

DKVdUSNXcAAzg5N.jpg
I want it.
I just spent 20mins arguing with an older white gentlemen on whether or not Vivica A Fox has gotten plastix surgery done.

Because no one her she actually looks that God in real life without work being done.
Y'all must have been bored. Should have been talking about how hard she fell off and who cursed her

Almost everything :/
32 books was my sleepy count this morning. Got a lot of runs that I have in storage for the kindle. I wasn't even done either. I wanted to get the rest of the Hawkeye series before I pulled myself away.
can buy some funny books but can't loan a brother 20 dollars

Top Bottom