• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

And what if it's a dude?
KuGsj.gif

We need Satch's opinion on this

I don't think the issue is the act of a women putting her hands through someone's hair, it's treating someone like an interactive museum exhibit.

Colombian friend of mine dealt with it a lot, he had/has crazy natural curls and didn't seem pleased for it to be brought up everytime he met a new person but was more than willing to give a girl a test drive. Double edged sword or what have you.

A friend of mine had a confederate flag sticker on his truck for awhile. I think it's more of a Southern Pride kind of thing, not necessarily they share the same mentality of Confederate-era southern states, but I guess you never know. He's a cool dude though, probably didn't anticipate how others take to the symbol. He got rid of it because he got "too many negative receptions", as he put it
KuGsj.gif

Satch

Banned
A fundamental misunderstanding of gender relations is quite common (especially so on the internet). GAF, as an entity, isn't considerably unique in this.

Onemic

I didn't even bother going through that thread past the first page. Its moronic to think that its discriminatory if someone could get offended when you tell them they have a beautiful big sack of tits upon first meeting.

A fundamental misunderstanding of gender relations is quite common (especially so on the internet). GAF, as an entity, isn't considerably unique in this.

Yeah it just seems most don't claim to be as smart as Gaffers do. That pregnancy thread where people said they didn't want to have sex because they didn't want to hit the kid made me laugh so hard.

My problem is with the internet bravado these outrage threads create, and the sickening male entitlement. Most of the guys in that thread would never walk up to a woman and say "hi you have great breasts." In fact, most wouldn't even walk up to any woman and start a conversation. And yet they vehemently demand the right to say whatever they want, and if a woman gets offended...she's being sexist? huh

And then there's the entitlement factor. I deal with plenty of stereotypes as a black guy, but can't imagine the ones a woman has to go through on a daily basis.

Only a person with no social skills/experience could possibly think that's a good idea, and is not sexual. Try that at work or school and sees what happens.

For instance, work example: we have a patient who constantly makes inappropriate comments about one of our hygienists. At first it was "just" flirty stuff, then it moved to more overt shit, perhaps most prominently:"I love a thick woman." He's married - hell, his wife is a patient too - but I've heard him invite the hygienist to lunch, movies, etc "just as a friend." The front office was able to somewhat handle things by making sure he sees our other hygienist instead.

I can't even fathom pulling that type of shit on a woman, public or private

DominoKid

thats cause you're not ballsy enough to try it PD.

he is.

and i bet it's worked on other women too.

because if it didn't then he wouldn't do it.

Imm0rt4l

ITT: internet nerds wants to act righteously indignant about complimenting women on their breasts'sis. Our rights are being impeded on, fuck this double standard shit.

Harrisonfordwhogivesashit.gif

Slayven

ITT: internet nerds wants to act righteously indignant about complimenting women on their breasts'sis. Our rights are being impeded on, fuck this double standard shit.

Harrisonfordwhogivesashit.gif

I always shake my head when people go into rage mode when being ask if they want to preorder

I always shake my head when people go into rage mode when being ask if they want to preorder

that one right there always gets me... or rather, it never gets me, because after i explicitly state what i want to purchase, i use the stare and almost never get asked about pre-orders or other random crap.

I never really get mad at retail/food/buying from other people face to face. I've been in that position before and I know what's it like to have to deal with stupid/annoying/angry customers for the most trivial shit. Even if things aren't perfect, I'll politely tell them what I'm disappointed in.

One friend of mine doesn't live by that philosophy. Whenever something doesn't go his way, he'll get up in their face, real aggressive, to get what he wants. They almost always fold, but I think that shit is so stupid and you can usually get the same results without becoming an animal.

I almost went into rage mode when a Gamestop employee kept bugging me to pre-order World Of StarCraft. SC2 had just been announced the night before, and I tried to tell the guy World Of StarCraft didn't even exist but he wouldn't let it go. Jesus..

A couple years back a friend of mine went into a Gamestop to buy this fightpad since it was the only one left in the city. The clerk asks him if he wants to preorder Madden, and my friend politely declines. He then gets the classic followup questions, and my friend dodges them all and ends it with "I don't play those types of games." The clerk is visibly distraught and asks "well, what types of games DO you play?"

My friend looks at the fightpad, then down at his shirt with the Hadoken motion on it, and says "....puzzle games."

Imm0rt4l

A couple years back a friend of mine went into a Gamestop to buy this fightpad since it was the only one left in the city. The clerk asks him if he wants to preorder Madden, and my friend politely declines. He then gets the classic followup questions, and my friend dodges them all and ends it with "I don't play those types of games." The clerk is visibly distraught and asks "well, what types of games DO you play?"

My friend looks at the fightpad, then down at his shirt with the Hadoken motion on it, and says "....puzzle games."

down, right, fierce.

I respect that. Speaking of fighting games, that new hori fighting edge is sexy as FUWAK. I'm a pad player, but I want that stick in my life.

Lol, I usually just say Nah, I'm good and that's usually the end of it. Never had any annoying ones that keep bugging me. Same when they want me to sign up for their GameInformer.

Onemic

down, right, fierce.

I respect that. Speaking of fighting games, that new hori fighting edge is sexy as FUWAK. I'm a pad player, but I want that stick in my life.

My UMvC3 stick is treating me well, but man do I want that stick.

And didn't one person make a thread raging about those employees that check your receipt for 5 seconds before letting you go at Walmart/Costco? I think he was trying to make some argument that it was a slippery slope into some communism type shit or something.

And didn't one person make a thread raging about those employees that check your receipt for 5 seconds before letting you go at Walmart/Costco? I think he was trying to make some argument that it was a slippery slope into some communism type shit or something.

That was my job for a while. You wouldn't believe the conflicting orders I would get from my manager, training, and HR.

Imm0rt4l

My UMvC3 stick is treating me well, but man do I want that stick.

Yea I remember that thread. I can understand the need for it even if it is an annoyance. I know a guy who was stealing shit for months from wal-mart, thousands of dollars worth of stuff. He eventually got caught, the amount of this particular time was just short of grand larceny. The guy gets in all sorts of trouble, currently on house arrest on some DUI shit.

DominoKid

i dont think you have to stop.

DominoKid

the lakers got me in ultra angry black guy mode.

the world is lucky they dont have to deal with me right now cause im mugging the shit out of inanimate objects.

wendys girl is sorta cute.

Top Bottom