• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else hoping Tom kills her? She's a terrible actress.

Wiktor

Lol at Tom smashing her with the door and then adding fist to her head :D

How quickly he turned from the worst character of the show to second most awesome after Red.

pariah164

How quickly he turned from the worst character of the show to second most awesome after Red.
Red will always be the best. Liz almost redeemed herself during the whole Anslo Garrick thing; she needs to return to being that badass.

Future

Don't forget double blink to perfectly timed dodge past that curtain thing.

Gotta admit Im liking super spy Tom. Although Id recommend some kind of additional interior lock to your super spy batcave with incriminating evidence everywhere so a simple key doesn't instantly infiltrate it and end your multi year mission. A simple door jam would have at least forced a heavier breach. Aw well not everyone can be as smart as Red

Wiktor

Don't forget double blink to perfectly timed dodge past that curtain thing.

Yeah, true Tom is so deliciously creepy. Same last week, when he took of the glasses and did the thing with his fingers before killing the girl.

Love when actors can switch from nice to creepy in a second.

Tamanon

Banned
I gotta say, this is the weakest name on the Blacklist yet. It makes no sense that he would be on par with all the previous ones, just a regular serial murderer guy.

pariah164

Whoooo shit. Only halfway through here but damn, thank you Lizzie. Part of you from Anslo Garrick is finally coming back.

As usual James Spader carries the episode. That guy
jumping out the window
was weird... their employer must have a pretty powerful stranglehold over them.

I tried with this show...I just can't do it. Spader alone can't save it.

7 and a half episodes and I still can't really get myself to actually care

Wiktor

I tried with this show...I just can't do it. Spader alone can't save it.

7 and a half episodes and I still can't really get myself to actually care

Stick with it for just a little while. Shit gets crazy from episode 9 and 10. If after those you still don;t like it, then drop it.

maxcriden

I thought this was a pretty good ep. Excited to see where things go for the endgame of the season and to set up a Season 2 that seems like it'll look different at least in part. Anyone think we're headed for a Liz/Ressler hook-up?

benjipwns

Banned
Megan Boone's acting seemed like ten thousand times better this episode but I can't put my finger on...

Oh wait, NO WIG.

Grifter

i thought she seemed better too! and when tom on hugging her head at the start, i was like "watch the wig!"

last episode was SHEEEEEIIIIIITTTT. what's with all The Wire alums lol

lol nothing beats fbi agent wee-bay. can't name any show i watch that doesn't have some wire alums really.

benjipwns

Banned
You guys sure they ditched the wig? I told my wife and she was not convinced....
Looked a lot more like her normal hair, which she could have grown out for while under the wig:
Megan+Boone+Short+Hairstyles+Short+cut+bangs+vSo3cMZWu8ll.jpg

pariah164

I didn't know she wore a wig. Thank God, because short-haired women are so unappealing.
I'm a woman with curly hair, who keeps it short because it's more manageable. Good to know I'm unappealing because of it.

Back on topic, I will cringe if they push Keen/Ressler, but I don't think they will. Liz is trying to stay with her husband to find out about his secrets and whatnot, and cheating on him will wreck whatever she tried to do. She needs to follow Red's advice: stay the course.

I'm not sure if my memory is failing me, but this year seems to have been the worst when it comes to episodes skipping weeks. Both Castle and Blacklist, among other shows, have had a multitude of episodes pushed back a week, and sometimes by several weeks. I don't recall this being a problem these past years. Of course, we had the winter olympics this year, but I feel that even outside of that olympic period, TV scheduling had already been a mess since September.

Does anybody else feel that way ?

abundant

I'm not sure if my memory is failing me, but this year seems to have been the worst when it comes to episodes skipping weeks. Both Castle and Blacklist, among other shows, have had a multitude of episodes pushed back a week, and sometimes by several weeks. I don't recall this being a problem these past years. Of course, we had the winter olympics this year, but I feel that even outside of that olympic period, TV scheduling had already been a mess since September.

No, it's about the same it has always been. Little to no breaks in the Fall outside of holidays/winter break, then in the winter/spring, we get 2 to 4 or 5 episodes then a 2 to 4 week break. Some years the breaks are scheduled better, but it's usually like this.

maxcriden

Want to see the new episode so bad. There are still 4 left in the season. I feel like the inevitable confrontation with Tom might even come before the S1 finale. Can't wait!

benjipwns

Banned

No, it's about the same it has always been. Little to no breaks in the Fall outside of holidays/winter break, then in the winter/spring, we get 2 to 4 or 5 episodes then a 2 to 4 week break. Some years the breaks are scheduled better, but it's usually like this.
Not with The Blacklist (because they did that two-parter which seemed like a natural break with Red running off) and Castle so much but it has seemed a little bit worse this year for some other shows due to the Olympics.

I believe there's speculation that this will be changing over the next few years, more long runs of shows (but perhaps fewer episodes) with no breaks, in order to fit more shows onto the total schedule. Copying cable in that regard.

pariah164

Just saw the promo for the new ep.
Tom tied to a chair. Mouth taped. Liz walking in looking like a boss. Please be real and not some red-herring roleplay shit. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, BLACKLIST.

Top Bottom