• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

Tamanon

Banned
LOL at this show naming her Joleen just so they could play that song.

A HA! Finally some progress there. He's evil after all!

pariah164

3/3/14 ep spoiles:
RED WAS RIGHT. Most awesome words ever. THANK YOU JESUS please kill him now.

2 weeks?? TWO WEEKS? Goddamn you NBC.

I understand and I agree with what you're saying, but I thought in the episode with Liz's father, played by William Sadler,

Red explicitly said he is actually Liz's father? Did I misunderstand that? Because like you I thought Red was telling the truth when Liz asked him if he was her father and he said no.

I don't recall him saying that. Right before he killed Liz's father, he told him "she musn't know that truth", or something to that effect.

Also, you do not need to use spoiler tags for stuff from already-aired episodes.

Well now at least we know 100% whos side he is really on that is good to know.
Was there really any doubt? The guy stashed stuff in a secret hiding place under his floorboards and then flat out denied that he knew anything about it. Plus Raymond "Always right" Reddington said he was not to be trusted.

Of course he's of dubious moral worth.

I don't recall him saying that. Right before he killed Liz's father, he told him "she musn't know that truth", or something to that effect.

Also, you do not need to use spoiler tags for stuff from already-aired episodes.

She asked him and he said no.

maxcriden

Was there really any doubt? The guy stashed stuff in a secret hiding place under his floorboards and then flat out denied that he knew anything about it. Plus Raymond "Always right" Reddington said he was not to be trusted.

Of course he's of dubious moral worth.

She asked him and he said no.

I know. I just reread maxcriden's post and I don't understand what he's asking.

No, you understood correctly--I think. I had thought that when Red was at Liz's father's bedside, he had said pretty explicitly that he was Liz's father. It seems I must have misheard or misunderstood that, though, so I was just asking for clarification on that. It sounds like I'd misunderstood that at the time, though, and Red never said that. Which makes sense, because I think he was telling the truth when he told Liz that he's not her father.

Also, regarding the latest episode, like you guys I am glad they finally officially outed Tom. It was clear from the get-go that he's a plant of some kind, and I'm glad to see this coming to a head. Good ep, and Dianne Wiest was great as usual.

Tamanon

Banned
I think it's hilarious that Elizabeth is the least competent agent on the show. Her husband way outclasses her!

Next episode should be fun.

Wiktor

Damn..Tom turned out to be true hardcore :D Loved the taking glasses off and all humanity drying up on his face.

Hope they won't kill him too quickly now that he turned out to be so awesome.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Damn..Tom turned out to be true hardcore :D Loved the taking glasses off and all humanity drying up on his face.

Hope they won't kill him too quickly now that he turned out to be so awesome.

Loved that also. This show is just perfection, if only Lizzy could act.

Hopefully the survey's I've been filling up is the result of this Tom stuff. Also, put a mix of serialized and procedural would be good
I'm liking what's going with the recent episodes.

maxcriden

I think that one... they seem to have an uneasy truce going... like NKorea and SKorea.

And, Jane Alexander's character had flipped and was working for Alda (I think). It's kind of hard to keep all of the allegiances straight. Really digging the show, though.

Tamanon

Banned
This kid seems to be way too good/unrealistic of a hacker for even this show.

LOOOOL at this whole thing being just so he could try and meet the girl.

Doorman

Superhacking the entire Washington DC power grid...all for the purposes of being a total creeper. Well this sure feels worthwhile.

Silly Liz, you can't reason with an emo teen!

pariah164

GREAT episode. If Red isn't her dad, I'll eat my hat - with or without curry.

So this is basically The Americans meets Spy vs Spy now?

pariah164

Didn't she already ask him directly if he was her dad, to which he said no? And in this episode he said that he has never lied to her.
Yep.

My guess is that either he is her dad, or knew her dad very well, hence why he knew about the music box. He probably promised Lizzie's father he'd look after her if something happened to him, and the best way to keep that promise was to turn himself in.

Top Bottom