• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

Aaron

I assumed he was the dad when he suffocated her surrogate dad when he said he wanted to tell her the truth... Maybe the surrogate knows who her real dad is, and its not Red.

Also, I need to know what the deal is with her husband...
I assumed it from the first episode when it says both Red's family 'died' in a fire, and that she was burned in a fire at a very young age, so I'm guessing it's not actually true as they hint at it too much. Also him lying and turning out to be the dad would be lame.

Am I the only one who noticed
the mark on the box she found under the floorboards with all the IDs of her husband is the same as the burn mark on her hand?

pariah164

I assumed it from the first episode when it says both Red's family 'died' in a fire, and that she was burned in a fire at a very young age, so I'm guessing it's not actually true as they hint at it too much. Also him lying and turning out to be the dad would be lame.

Am I the only one who noticed
the mark on the box she found under the floorboards with all the IDs of her husband is the same as the burn mark on her hand?
Not at all; lots of people did. We still don't know the story behind that. The whole scar thing has fallen to the wayside a bit, but hopefully it will come back.

Is this actually any good or is it just another formulaic "I are serious" show like 24 or Homeland?

It's not like those at all, and far from formulaic. Once you hit episode 4, business starts picking up like whoa. I love it, and I rarely say that about TV shows. But that could be my bias talking because, again, James Spader.

After the first part of the finale I was kind of let down by the second episode. I liked seeing Red's crew coming down on people and I liked seeing some more about Red's dealings, but I was sort of expecting some kind of big reveal.

The CIA being watched on top of Lizzie already being watched and Red going on the run didn't seem like much. Though I guess it is just the mid-season finale.

Overall though I'm liking it. This and Almost Human are pretty much the only procedurals I've been able to get into for a long time.

pariah164

After the first part of the finale I was kind of let down by the second episode. I liked seeing Red's crew coming down on people and I liked seeing some more about Red's dealings, but I was sort of expecting some kind of big reveal.

The CIA being watched on top of Lizzie already being watched and Red going on the run didn't seem like much. Though I guess it is just the mid-season finale.

Overall though I'm liking it. This and Almost Human are pretty much the only procedurals I've been able to get into for a long time.
You nailed it on the head with the line I bolded. I'm glad the good stuff is being saved for the second half and the season finale.

I tried to get into Almost Human but it annoyed me for some reason. Right now, I'm watching this show and Sleepy Hollow. I lost interest in Agents of SHIELD, sadly.

You nailed it on the head with the line I bolded. I'm glad the good stuff is being saved for the second half and the season finale.

I tried to get into Almost Human but it annoyed me for some reason. Right now, I'm watching this show and Sleepy Hollow. I lost interest in Agents of SHIELD, sadly.

Agents of Shield I'm still watching for some reason, but I have very little intrest. Sleepy Hollow I really liked for the first 2-3 episodes, but then somehow it completely lost me in a span of about 2 episodes. I went from really liking it to having no interest. No clue why. Was mid episode and realized I had no clue what was going on because I wasn't paying attention and went meh and deleted the series recording. :lol

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to stream episodes 2-5 online somewhere? My friend saw the pilot and wants to continue watching the show, but she says Hulu and NBC only stream episodes 6 through to the end.

Ripclawe

Banned
you come at red you best not miss, so is it a case of the old lady wants to kill red but alda's character is working to stop it

Krakn3Dfx

Entire scene was so good.
Bd6R9zfIAAAIoHf.png:large

Kikarian

Just started watching this show. I held off for a while, but just watched episode 1 and 2 and I'm really liking it thus far.

James Spader's acting is fantastic.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely amazing episode this week. Red was beyond awesome.

sonicfan

Venerable Member
Loving this show.

Just realized while watching on the DVR tonight that the one guy was Skinny Pete, my wife didn't believe me, had to look it up for her...

Tamanon

Banned
Just finished watching last night's episode. Red as an angel of vengeance was outstanding. Plus he always kept his word "Shut up or I'll put you in the closet."

I still think the head of the CIA unit is the mole, but did we know Alan Alda's evil character was a Senator? That seems to be setting up a pretty big showdown.

The Boat

Spader is fantastic, Even if the rest of the show sucked, he'd be enough to keep me watching. Dude deserves bigger roles.

Brick

What a great episode. Red on the rampage is really fun to watch. It took a bit to get going (for me), but this is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows on TV right now.

jonnyp

The only reason I watch this show is because James Spader is a genius, otherwise I think the show is pretty damn ordinairy.

episode was fucking awesome. Redington is such a boss. Is it too much to ask that we get a Blacklist/24 crossover? Redington and Bauer chewing scenery kicking ass would be almost too much awesomeness.

Future

episode was fucking awesome. Redington is such a boss. Is it too much to ask that we get a Blacklist/24 crossover? Redington and Bauer chewing scenery kicking ass would be almost too much awesomeness.

Yup. Last episode is what I'm talkin about. Nice to see him go into full villain mode

"Oh the suspense is killing me"

mackaveli

Guess no one watched tonights episode?

Thought it was good. I hope we get some answers though. It's been dragging on for way to long to even answer some general questions of the show.

This week's EP was so-so for me. Not much Red screen time +
all that baby shower with Lizzy and her (ugh) husband.

Interesting twist was Malick being the mole.

EP had its moments albeit not like the previous eps.

pariah164

So obviously, the Blacklist is trying to make us care about the relationship between Liz and her husband. NOPE. More Spader, plz.

I know she's just a character but... Liz. If the husband cheats (and all signs are pointing to HE WILL), leave him. He can be someone else's problem and you can focus on what matters. That, and even if he wasn't as suspicious as fuck, he's being a whiny, selfish twat. "ERMAHGERD FAMILY AND BABY AND BAWWWW". God, he's getting annoying. Someone, please kill him.

Deku Tree

Is the rouge international super secret bad guy Lizzies husband story ever going to gain any traction? Or is that just some dead end side story that is destined to go nowhere?

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
This week's EP was so-so for me. Not much Red screen time +
all that baby shower with Lizzy and her (ugh) husband.

Interesting twist was Malick being the mole.

EP had its moments albeit not like the previous eps.

I thought that
Malick......
was the obvious choice.

Kind of a letdown from the previous episode with Red going on a rampage, but still fairly good. But it shows how much Spader carries the show, that the quality goes down as his presence does.

Machine

There was some weird editing in that episode. There was a scene that was so quick I almost missed it which implied that the lady trying to seduce Lizzy's husband is a plant. The pacing and random placement of that scene seemed sloppy to me. Of course, I'm just watching for Spader anyways but still...

Doorman

There was some weird editing in that episode. There was a scene that was so quick I almost missed it which implied that the lady trying to seduce Lizzy's husband is a plant. The pacing and random placement of that scene seemed sloppy to me. Of course, I'm just watching for Spader anyways but still...

Yeah, she had a whole file about him before "bumping into" him at the baby shower, but we still don't know to what end. I'm kind of hoping that she's some sort of CIA black ops that will finally out whatever or whoever he's really working for. Tom going all baby-crazy like this feels really weird and uninteresting when we already know that he has other priorities, unless for some reason he's hoping that she'll suddenly change her mind and stop doing her job. It's become a very tiresome recurring theme and I hope they blow it up soon.

I haven't read anything from this thread except for the first page. I have not watched the show and I don't want to be spoiled. I'm interested in watching it as I love James Spader, but I'm scared that I'll be disappointed. I have pretty strict standards, and the upgraded number of episode for the first season, as well as the 22-episode second season, are making me think that maybe this show will be of inconsistent quality, on top of having terrible pacing. TV shows of more than 10 episodes per season are usually terrible, so I want your opinions, without spoilers.

I thought that
Malick......
was the obvious choice.

Kind of a letdown from the previous episode with Red going on a rampage, but still fairly good. But it shows how much Spader carries the show, that the quality goes down as his presence does.

I was actually leaning towards
the other middle eastern guy, his name escapes me, the computer wizard..

Spader alone is carrying the awesomeness of the whole show, Lizzy is a crybaby with issues.

Top Bottom