• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

pariah164

I was legit like

tumblr_lonwhrSm921qc1vnlo1_500.gif

Was not expecting Diane to be the mole; Red takes no prisoners, goddamn.

charsace

The show wouldn't be as popular as it is if Spader wasn't on it. I could see it being on the chopping block without him.

Hoo-doo

Banned
My ladyfriend wanted to see this show after seeing some commercials and we watched the first two episodes.

Man. This show is some bottom-shelf garbage. I was caught facepalming so often my entire forehead was sore.
Life's too short to waste on terrible shows.

jonnyp

My ladyfriend wanted to see this show after seeing some commercials and we watched the first two episodes.

Man. This show is some bottom-shelf garbage. I was caught facepalming so often my entire forehead was sore.

I agree it's a poor show overall but Spader is just so god damn good. Show is a waste of his talents though.

BBboy20

Yeah, I'm not understanding the couples issue when Liz is under extreme dangerous scenarios that every other Fed should be glad to be not be involved with. She needs to get back to carrying body armor and P90s then worrying about a child (because why should she put her family in danger when she's involved with a conspiracy?).

pariah164

Yeah, I'm not understanding the couples issue when Liz is under extreme dangerous scenarios that every other Fed isn't involved in. She needs to get back to carrying body armor and P90s then worrying about a child (because why should put her family in danger when she's involved with a conspiracy?).
Eeexaxctly. It looks like she may not have to worry about that much longer since her husband looks primed to cheat on her. If she won't give him babies, he'll find someone who will!

And then she can divorce him and the show will become infinitely better without him! :D

Me watching the episode: Ugh... You incompetent moron. Why you trust that guy? He had passports and other junk stashed under your floor and you still want his baby.

If only "Honestly, I have no idea how that got there" worked as well as it does in this show.

Oh yeah, gotta love good ol' Red. Who knew a crazy murderer could be so much fun!

Sanjay

I too had similar feeling like yours and now the show is well good.

You need to get to episode 4, The Stewmaker. After that the show turns great. Its another Spartacus where it starts really poor but just keeps on getting better.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Blacklist is far from terrible. It starts off slow but gets better and better. At this point it's fantastic.

XAL

My favorite scene in the whole series so far is where he has that guy dead to rights with the cigar and gasoline (if I remember right), waits for a few seconds and then he just gleefully and sadistically says "the suspense is killing me!!" and just shoots him.

Anyone have a gif of that?

Probably my favourite bit about the show, besides Spader, is that they don't pull any punches.

Like when Spader killed off everyone involved when he was taken, without even flinching.

Surprised Diane was the mole. With how much she was coming into the story I was thinking it was setting up the head of the black site(always forget his name) to be the mole and for Diane to take over the black site or at least becoming more predominant of a character.

Woah, this show just keeps ratcheting up the tension and stakes. The case of the week was crazy as well, unreal. And that substitute teacher is crazy hot.

Woah, this show just keeps ratcheting up the tension and stakes. The case of the week was crazy as well, unreal. And that substitute teacher is crazy hot.

They seem like they're setting the mystery behind her reallly early. Three episodes ago we get a glimpse of her with a file on Keen's husband and nothing but two glimpses of her in the last two episodes and now a long break. This must be set up for the end of the season arc or something.

RangersFan

What's the deal with the chick trying to get with the husband? I seem to recall their being a file on her at the black site.

Doorman

At this point I'm not even hoping that the lid is blown off of Tom Keen and this fake cheating angle or whatever spy stuff he's supposedly up to. I don't care if Elizabeth learns the truth about him or not. I just want him to get killed off. Every scene between the two of them goes absolutely nowhere and winds up just angering me.

pariah164

At this point I'm not even hoping that the lid is blown off of Tom Keen and this fake cheating angle or whatever spy stuff he's supposedly up to. I don't care if Elizabeth learns the truth about him or not. I just want him to get killed off. Every scene between the two of them goes absolutely nowhere and winds up just angering me.
This. Somuch. I hate Tom Keen. Such a useless, annoying character. and a fail husband on top of it all.

EDIT: Yyyyyep. He's a jackass.

Liz's partner threatening to run him over made me smile though.

pariah164

AHAHAHAHA ohman. (Spoilers).
So the villain of the week got played and played HARD. That was epic. And she didn't die! Which means she'll be back.

And next week, FINALLY, Tom cheats on Liz. With the bad guy. PLEASE DIVORCE HIM. Get that guy out of your damn life, Lizzie, fuck sake.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

Totally agree. The Tom stuff is easily the worst part of the show.

Maddocks

tom complaining about how his love life and life in general with liz sucks is pretty annoying. Kill that fool already so we can get her crying over him then she can move on.

Red pretending to be gay to get the guard to drop his guard was a classic.

Piecake

This. Somuch. I hate Tom Keen. Such a useless, annoying character. and a fail husband on top of it all.

EDIT: Yyyyyep. He's a jackass.

Liz's partner threatening to run him over made me smile though.

Eh, I think Liz is one fucking up that relationship a lot more than Tom. Not that I really care since I agree that the subplot is terrible

about the latest episode: so, I'm not an expert on these things, but I'm pretty sure
the nuclear material of a suitcase nuke would degrade substantially in thirty years rendering it practically unusable (at least for military purposes)
. Does someone just happen to know whether this would hold?

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, I think Liz is one fucking up that relationship a lot more than Tom. Not that I really care since I agree that the subplot is terrible

I dunno, I mean all he does is bitch about her working all the time and not being able to tell him about her job. He had to know that when she joined the CIA, that's what it was going to be.

pariah164

I dunno, I mean all he does is bitch about her working all the time and not being able to tell him about her job. He had to know that when she joined the CIA, that's what it was going to be.
Agreed. He's like, "I want a baby and a family and your stupid job is keeping you away baaaaaaw'. Seriously, it's annoying as hell. Even if she was in the normal FBI/CIA and not a mass conspiracy plot with terrorists and massive evil-doers on the side, she's gonna be busy. He's the least-understanding husband on the planet.

Piecake

Isnt she in the FBI? And I thought both of their expectations about her job was quite different than the one she got thanks to Reddington.

Personally, I would be pissed too because her job is changing their previous plans for the relationship. Basically, thanks to her job, they don't have a relationship anymore. Not sure why anyone would stick around for that.

Spader is so good.

And yes, they need to drop the family drama. I liked the then-twist of Tom Keen having a secret identity and I liked the whole episode they dedicated to it, but they've completely ruined any mileage they got out of that plot. At this point I'm not even sure I would appreciate it if they revealed who he really was. They need to do something about it, though.

Also, I like that the show addressed the question of "Is Red Liz's father?" head-on. It was pointing in the direction in such an unsubtle way that it would have been frustrating to drag the mystery for longer. Since Red answered her "no" when she asked him, I think the likely plot twist is that Red murdered her family when she was young, felt bad about her and gave her to his friend so she'd have another family. If it happened that Red was actually lying and he really was her father, the surprise would be entirely deflated by that previous scene in which he tells Liz that he is not her father.

maxcriden

Spader is so good.

And yes, they need to drop the family drama. I liked the then-twist of Tom Keen having a secret identity and I liked the whole episode they dedicated to it, but they've completely ruined any mileage they got out of that plot. At this point I'm not even sure I would appreciate it if they revealed who he really was. They need to do something about it, though.

Also, I like that the show addressed the question of "Is Red Liz's father?" head-on. It was pointing in the direction in such an unsubtle way that it would have been frustrating to drag the mystery for longer. Since Red answered her "no" when she asked him, I think the likely plot twist is that Red murdered her family when she was young, felt bad about her and gave her to his friend so she'd have another family. If it happened that Red was actually lying and he really was her father, the surprise would be entirely deflated by that previous scene in which he tells Liz that he is not her father.

I understand and I agree with what you're saying, but I thought in the episode with Liz's father, played by William Sadler,

Red explicitly said he is actually Liz's father? Did I misunderstand that? Because like you I thought Red was telling the truth when Liz asked him if he was her father and he said no.

Top Bottom