• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Official Thread [360/PS3] - Be Ready for the Rebel

The End

any real difference between the two versions?

I've got a SFIV pad for the 360, but my dvd drive is dying, so i need to install to play anything, so i'd probably be leaning towards the ps3 version

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
this registration of disgust regarding the pal situation.

semi obscure title gets one less sale.

Cowie

ordered from Amazon to save the measly $4, though I've heard they ship new releases at their leisure, so we'll see.. Artbook would be nice, but I'd have to pay shipping, on top of not needing more shit right now.

Looking forward to this, but admittedly haven't read as much as I should.

ZealousD said:
Burst and Barrier aren't quite the same though. Basically, Burst and Faultless Defense was combined into Barrier. Instead of needing to build a burst gauge and use it, using burst will deplete the Barrier gauge and make you more vunerable to attacks. Also, Barrier has it's own gauge rather than using Heat/Tension. So a little mixing there.

True. But I have to add I wasn't quite clear. I meant the execution is the same, even if the actual effects are a little different. Thanks for pointing that out though.

I've also noticed that Barrier has a smaller AoE than Faultless Defense, though. Since some of you here have played BlazBlue, any of you care to confirm?

robut said:
Yeah, I forgot the first post showed all the techs. Looks pretty much the same, I guess there's no dust move? Also, the replacement for burst seems to only stop combos, in GG you'd get a full super gauge against unguarded foes.

There were two bursts in Guilty Gear. The gold burst is actually an offensive mechanism that can only be used if you are in a non-defensive state. Basically, you bait the opponent into attacking you, you use the gold burst, and it fills your Tension meter to full while knocking them down. It also has the advantage of consuming only 2/3rds of the Burst meter, regardless if you hit or whiff with it. Also, you are invincible afterwards until you hit the ground (you can be thrown, however).

The blue burst can only be used in a defensive state, is used to interrupt combos, for the most part, consumes 2/3rds if hit and 100% if whiffed/blocked, and if whiffed/blocked, leaves you vulnerable as you hit the ground.

Chowfahn

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure Ukemi is different from teching. Techs are mid-air recoveries (you might also be able to tech as you hit the ground, I can't remember), but an Ukemi is when you're already on the ground, you can roll to either side or get right back up.

sonicspear64 said:
I was strictly against playing Bang when I first saw Blazblue over a year ago, but after seeing more about him, I gradually started to like him. Now he looks too fun to not use! :D

EDIT: Nice Arcade Infinity HD vids:

Soniti(RA) vs HellFromAbove(AR)
Mike_Z(TA) vs Pulsr(HA)

Why didnt you like Bang? He reminds me of
x5p3li.jpg

matmanx1

Day 1!!!!

I said it in the unofficial thread but THIS is the game I built my custom fight stick for. I love the art style and I love Aksys's unique character and game designs. I dont know if I'll ever be any good at BlazBlue but I sure am looking forward to trying!

Chowfahn said:
I'm pretty sure Ukemi is different from teching. Techs are mid-air recoveries (you might also be able to tech as you hit the ground, I can't remember), but an Ukemi is when you're already on the ground, you can roll to either side or get right back up.

Looked it up and made sure using Dustloop's guide.

I'm not infallible, though, so feel free to correct.

Grecco

Il hopefully be on day 1 too. Loved Guity Gear so im game. Havent played this game yet though. Have no idea who to pick. :lol

It's pronounced Blaze Blue not Blaz Blue, right?

LIke the B is an E in a cool stylish way, right?

Dude I talked to on XBL kept saying "Blaz Blue. You gunna get Blaz Blue?"

I was like you mean "Blaze??". "No, BLAZ!".

JEKKI

it's pronounced "burei buru"

that's how the katakana is read

but u can say it in whichever way makes you happy!!

Dreavus

Arpharmd B said:
It's pronounced Blaze Blue not Blaz Blue, right?

LIke the B is an E in a cool stylish way, right?

Dude I talked to on XBL kept saying "Blaz Blue. You gunna get Blaz Blue?"

I was like you mean "Blaze??". "No, BLAZ!".

I'm pretty sure it's "Blaze Blue". I guess they left the E off to make it that much more awesome?!

I can't wait for this game. :D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
JEKKI said:
it's pronounced "burei buru"

that's how the katakana is read

It's only read that way because putting "BlazBlue" into Katakana is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole! However, "burei" certainly points towards the correct punctuation being "blaze".

Dreavus said:
I'm pretty sure it's "Blaze Blue". I guess they left the E off to make it that much more awesome?!

I can't wait for this game. :D
In the japanese interviews I always hear "Burei Buru"

So I think it's "Blay Blue". Like, the Z is supposed to be silent.

JEKKI

oh yah, if it hasnt been mentioned...

not sure if it has, but DOUBLE JUMP is working on the official US strategy guide. :D

FlightOfHeaven said:
Question: does Barrier have a smaller AoE compared to Faultless Defense?
what is aoe?!?! is that like sola aoe?!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
JEKKI said:
oh yah, if it hasnt been mentioned...

not sure if it has, but DOUBLE JUMP is working on the official US strategy guide. :D

what is aoe?!?! is that like sola aoe?!

I lol'd...

AoE = Area of Effect...?

Yes. Faultless Defense has a great pushback, especially in the corner, so it gives the defender a bit of breathing space. From what I've seen, Barrier is smaller. From people who've played Accent Core Plus and BlazBlue, can you ascertain whether the difference is significant?

JEKKI

well technically, how exactly does the size of the barrier matter?? If you are blocking high and using barrier, you are still susceptible to low attacks.

basically, if an opponent can make contact with you guarding with barrier up, they will receive the pushback effect. Otherwise, the attack will just whiff once they've been pushed back enough. By no means does the barrier increase your hit box, it's just a defensive option.

-EDIT-

here's more in depth blurbs about both games' blocking systems;

http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/data/guarding.html

vs.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/pages/05#basicguard

ZealousD

Ken Masters said:
can someone explain how the story mode is 30hrs long?

Probably something like 1-2 hours per character. Might use branching paths like Guilty Gear so there could be repetition. Like all figures for playtime, take it with a grain of salt.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Indeed. If they say 30 hours, you can safely bet on 15. I imagine there'll be a degree of repetition involved, as with GG, to get all endings.

ZealousD

momolicious said:
I hope single player story mode isnt like GGAC+, that lacked substance with just a few words and then battling.

At the very least it looks like they've put more effort into the cutscenes than in Guilty Gear.

Probably getting both when they come out over here, but think I'll prefer KOF XII overall even though I liked Guilty Gear XX #Reload a lot back in the day. Not particularly fond of the loops peeps are already discovering (most likely going to be a rare occurance online but still), coupled with my distaste for most of the character designs in this.

Either way: I hope both games have solid netcode. That's what matters most to me.

The End

really dumb question:

I know the PS3 is more lenient than the 360 as far as which controllers it will accept.

Can I plug my 360 SFIV pad into the PS3 and have it work?

If not, I've got an old Red Octane stick that I got at Otacon years ago I could use, but I'll need to get an adapter.

xero273

The End said:
really dumb question:

I know the PS3 is more lenient than the 360 as far as which controllers it will accept.

Can I plug my 360 SFIV pad into the PS3 and have it work?

If not, I've got an old Red Octane stick that I got at Otacon years ago I could use, but I'll need to get an adapter.

no, 360 sfiv pad will not work in ps3

ZealousD

This is bizarre, I can't seem to edit the OP anymore. First time I tried to add those PS3 themes, I made the changes, but when I saved the changes it didn't make the edit. I went to try again and now the whole deal goes blank. Tried it in two different browsers with the same result. However, I had no problems editing another thread of mine. Is that what happens when you hit the character limit on a post or something?

Quoting the post does the same thing, it shows up blank...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Arpharmd B said:
Is it too late to get the artbook? Is that still online-only or can I get an artbook from a local gamestop?

IIRC it's online-only from Gamestop.com and Amazon.com.

ZealousD

Is it possible for anybody else "quote" the OP? You don't actually have to post the quote, I just need to know it can be done. It's really weird that I can't edit it anymore...

ZealousD said:
Is it possible for anybody else "quote" the OP? You don't actually have to post the quote, I just need to know it can be done. It's really weird that I can't edit it anymore...
Nothing shows up for me. I would let a mod know.

vg260

Anyone know if this runs in 1080p (even if scaled) on the PS3?

I can't decide which system to get it for, so it's coming down to nitpicky things. (My TV cuts off less of the edges on a 1080p picture)

ZealousD

2&2 said:
Anyone know if this runs in 1080p (even if scaled) on the PS3?

I can't decide which system to get it for, so it's coming down to nitpicky things. (My TV cuts off less of the edges on a 1080p picture)

BlazBlue ran at 720p in the arcades. We don't really have too much information as of now on the differences between the 360 and PS3 version, the only one we know for sure is that the tips bonus disc is on Blu-Ray for PS3 and is DVD on 360.

Top Bottom