• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Official Thread [360/PS3] - Be Ready for the Rebel

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Google's cache is only pulling up the third page of this thread for some reason.

Fuck.

Luckily all my images at still stored on my hard drive but rebuilding the text is going to be a pain.

Foxix Von

_dementia said:
The artbook is Gamestop.com exclusive

You know honestly... I hope not, the gamestop I work at actually has it advertised that you get the art book upon reservation pickup. I already put money on it, and I don't want to pull it at the last minute just to get it online :lol That... and I'd miss my discount :(

VQ

ZealousD

ZealousD

Phew! Crisis averted. Everything is back up now, and I made sure to make text copies of the OP on my computer. The second half of the OP is linked at the end of the OP. If MarkMan can carry the weight of the second half of the OP I think we'll be back in business.

Also, as a reminder, please go to our thread in the online meetup forum and drop your gamertag / PSN ID down!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365360

Also, I blame _dementia. Damn you and your PS3 themes! *shakes fist angrily*

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
FOUR PILLARS OF GAMING BATTLED FOR THE BLAZBLUE CHAMPIONSHIPS (Pre release)

We battled online in the game lobby of power...

haunts of iplaywinner
MrWizard of SRK
MarkMan of SDTEKKEN
AksysG of AKSYS GAMES

The result? I don't know, I got a phone call so I had to disconnect from the room. But from the matches I played!

ONLINE IS REALLY GOOD!

momolicious said:
Is blazblue the first true 2d HD fighter?
If you count doujin fighters, Million Knights Vermilion is at least one HD2D FG that predates BlazBlue. Pretty sure it is not a great game though, the only thing that entices me is the character designs by the Senko no Ronde guy.

MarkMan, good to hear about the Online!

Dizzy-4U

MarkMan said:
ONLINE IS REALLY GOOD!
Good to hear that man. My ISP is absolute crap, but this gives me a little hope to be able to play you guys. I get so frustrated reading the SFIV thread every day knowing that I can't play most of the players there because of my crappy connection, but if BB has a similar netcode to GGPO, I'll do just fine I guess.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea I mean...

If you play someone with a shitty connection. It'll be shitty. That should be a given.

But wow!

This shit has lobbies and it shits on SF4 in terms of gamer usability!

Good shit to ARC/AKSYS!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
MarkMan said:
FOUR PILLARS OF GAMING BATTLED FOR THE BLAZBLUE CHAMPIONSHIPS (Pre release)

We battled online in the game lobby of power...

haunts of iplaywinner
MrWizard of SRK
MarkMan of SDTEKKEN
AksysG of AKSYS GAMES

The result? I don't know, I got a phone call so I had to disconnect from the room. But from the matches I played!

ONLINE IS REALLY GOOD!

[21:04] * Now talking in #capcom
[21:04] * Topic is 'Haunts=First official ragequitter in Blazblue'
[21:04] * Set by MrWizard on Fri Jun 19 16:45:55

:O :O :O :O :O :O HAUNTS.

Man, I can't wait till this is released. I hope the net code solid.

And this reminds me, I still need to get myself a stick for my 360 (I'm keeping all my friends happy).

Mattlikewhoa said:
Man, I can't wait till this is released. I hope the net code solid.

And this reminds me, I still need to get myself a stick for my 360 (I'm keeping all my friends happy).
Supposedly Amazon and Arcade Shock will have HRAP EXes back in stock next month at MSRP.
Otherwise, get those PSTriple sticks dual-modded!

I would prefer getting one sooner then later (Just so I have one in my hands). I have a pre order a NCSX for a HRAP-EX, so we'll see some time in July if it's go bot time or not...

Ferrio

Banned
_dementia said:
Heh, I'm making sure to get the LE just so I'll have the soundtrack and will be able to play BB's music in other games.

Ishiwatari <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3usGd3RHf_8

Though I'm happy to see a successor to Guilty Gear, I'm really going to miss the whole rock music theme guilty gear had. Pretty much everything was a reference to some musical band, member, song, or even random stuff like the UPC on potemkin's arm was off of a Queen's cd case.

Dizzy-4U

Is there any character that plays somewhat similar to Baiken (my main in GG)?

I have seen a few videos here and there but I don't want to know too much about the game before I get my hands on it. It was sooo much fun learning combos by my own in GG.

TreIII

Online is good? Yayz! Now I'm looking forward to this game even more, now! :D

_dementia said:
Oh, for sure. As unlikely as it seems, I hope Arc can work out licensing issues with Sega and GG can return someday.

Well, I'm sure GG can and likely will return some time soon. But for right now, ASW is interested in promoting its new (and more importantly, self owned) product in BB, so that's what's going to get the most focus for the near-future. But hey, I'd like to think "BB vs. GG" is something that could make for an easy cross-over game, when that time comes. :lol

Of course, if MarkMan's hints over the last few months are anything to go by, ASW and Sega are already working together on something. If he's right, then well, "I am already dead", and I couldn't be happier at the thought. :D

DustinC

I'm looking forward to checking this out over the weekend, my review copy showed up today. Time to put my new SFIV fightstick to use! I will say I'm officially in love with the soundtrack already.

ZealousD

So those of you who have copies, the GameInformer review mentioned an "EO" feature where you can perform specials on the right analog stick. Is this abusable or unbalanced at all?

Chowfahn

Neo Member
ZealousD said:
So those of you who have copies, the GameInformer review mentioned an "EO" feature where you can perform specials on the right analog stick. Is this abusable or unbalanced at all?
I'd like to know this too. Can you map the Tager Buster to it? That sounds abusable but OH SO AWESOME if you can.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Still torn whether on buying this or not... can somebody really sell me? I love fighting games but I hate button smashers and I am not sure of this game =P.

Relix said:
Still torn whether on buying this or not... can somebody really sell me? I love fighting games but I hate button smashers and I am not sure of this game =P.
Well, Im not pro by any means, but its certainly not anywhere close to a button masher on high level play. It is more accessible than something as stiff SF4(I love stiff fighters), and pulling off a basic combo is pretty simple though. It has a few mechanics that a novice would never knew existed, so if you were to jump in a high level match, chances are you would see things you didnt even know the game had.

Im personally questioning a purchase for the simple fact that the damn voices are the most annoying ever in a fighting game. They are worse than the abysmal voices in VF because they are constantly repeated...its maddening :lol

LowParry

I don't know how the hell you d-pad players plan to play BB with how much twitch reaction you need. You'll have raw thumb in 10 mins.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Bebpo said:
The music is AWESOME.

/excited!

Oh yeah, music is top notch. But man.... Jin and Ragna look like Ryu and ken in terms that everyone will use them only quite probably :lol

shagg_187 said:
70% chance of me getting SF4.
90% chance of me getting this.
100% chance of me getting Marvel vs Capcom 2!
150% chance of me getting KOFXII!!!

The love the return of 2D Fighting :D
you don't have SFIV yet?

:(

_dementia said:
you don't have SFIV yet?

:(

I... I... I have SSF2THD :(

My arcade sticks are coming by the end of this month (Blame Canada's lack of sticks). I avoided SF4 like no tomorrow until I played it at a friend's place and instantly fell in love with it since the inner 2D fighter inside of me started to look past the 3D of it.

Top Bottom