• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE BOOK OF ELI / GAF PHOTO SWEEPSTAKES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrkgoo said:
I thought you said we had to hold up a sign 'Believe'. Or has that changed?

Not disrespecting the photo, just sayin'.
He gets a free pass because (a) he's the first to enter, (b) it's Christmas and (c) I forgot. :lol

mrkgoo

Gary Whitta said:
He gets a free pass because (a) he's the first to enter, (b) it's Christmas and (c) I forgot. :lol
So we would still need to? Actually I don't know why I'm asking, since I'm too self conscious to enter anyway. ..

So I don't see even one Eli poster all over Los Angeles, but now I'm up in Canada for the holidays and I came across a gargantuan poster for it on the exterior wall of a multiplex, it was the size of those ones along the wall of the WB lot. I'll have my picture of it shortly.

polyh3dron said:
So I don't see even one Eli poster all over Los Angeles, but now I'm up in Canada for the holidays and I came across a gargantuan poster for it on the exterior wall of a multiplex, it was the size of those ones along the wall of the WB lot. I'll have my picture of it shortly.
Cool. I'm surprised you haven't seen any in LA, I keep hearing from people who have spotted them there, including a big-ass one on Sunset.

Oreoleo

Blerg, I saw a poster for it coming out of Avatar the other night. Didn't snap a shot because I didn't have a "BELIEVE" sign on me :(

Gary Whitta said:
Cool. I'm surprised you haven't seen any in LA, I keep hearing from people who have spotted them there, including a big-ass one on Sunset.
Well I left LA for Canada on the 20th so they may have gone up after that.

Speevy

Banned
Gary Whitta said:

I'm glad something good is coming out in January. They usually put the crap movies out that month (or here in Georgia, the good movies that were released in New York and LA months ago).

LogicStep

Gary Whitta said:
Fuck yes.

4135061566_369d79a2dd.jpg
Just seeing that is awesome, congrats again dude!

Okay, I'm removing the "believe" sign requirement to make it easier for people if they see a poster/billboard and want to snap a photo spontaneously. OP updated to reflect. Have fun!

Gary Whitta said:

So Gary, Imma do dis. I got my pic ready to go (snapped it yesterday @ my trip to see Avatar). My friends thought I was crazy as I went on an on about Denzel...Gary Whitta, Gary Whitta, Gary Whitta...NeoGAF and BE*LIE*VE....any hoot....do I post my pic to the forum or do I pm you or picture post card....I don't see anyone actually posting any pics w/said poster....

oh, and Merry Christmas and all that...

Great Poster said:
So Gary, Imma do dis. I got my pic ready to go (snapped it yesterday @ my trip to see Avatar). My friends thought I was crazy as I went on an on about Denzel...Gary Whitta, Gary Whitta, Gary Whitta...NeoGAF and BE*LIE*VE....any hoot....do I post my pic to the forum or do I pm you or picture post card....I don't see anyone actually posting any pics w/said poster....

oh, and Merry Christmas and all that...
All pics should be posted in the thread here. At this rate you're looking pretty good for a prize :lol

mrkgoo

I know I can't win, but I just wanted to show the poster in our theatre. It's right at the entrance where the person checks your ticket to get in. I had to ask her if it was ok to take a picture :D. See, I told you I was too chicken to get in the photo. It's just a neat photo.

1zbduly.jpg

mrkgoo

WordAssassin said:
I have a fucking awesome idea for a picture but I'm afraid I'll go to jail if I manage to pull it off.

I originally had ideas that involved tongues. I can only imagine what you've cooked up.

flamingbs

Congratulations, man. I'm in my sophomore year in film school and watching all this happen to you has been very inspiring. I'll definitely be on the lookout for some billboards :D

Roquentin

"Me" being really surprised that I found the poster in my town:
htep3n.jpg

My dog is a big Denzel fan:
v8ge88.jpg

You can tell that the wizard didn't know much about this movie. Still, he was constantly checking out the poster:
2bceiw.jpg

I'm trying to learn how to make Torchlight mods, so I used it as an opportunity to enter this contest (since I wouldn't be able to otherwise).

noisome07

Banned
BiasedGamer said:
I'm trying to learn how to make Torchlight mods, so I used it as an opportunity to enter this contest (since I wouldn't be able to otherwise).

Haha, nice one man! Such an awesome game.

Meier

Gary Whitta said:
I did! Nicest guy in the world, a total gent. Here he is with me and Allen Hughes.

3699048875_1aebe4f633_b.jpg
No chance your shirt is a Stereophonics reference, right?

I didn't see this thread before today but my eyes will now be peeled!

3rdman

Ha! I didn't understand the reference until I read this thread...Congrats Gary! It didn't interest me but I'll have to check it out now. Once again, congrats!

Congrats whitta, huge accomplishment. As someone who's finally starting to wedge his foot into the (music) industry door, how does it feel to see your name on something like this?

I imagine it's like having the memory of a goldfish, forgetting the magnitude of the accomplishment, then living the rush over and over again for a while if that makes any sense.

BiasedGamer said:
htep3n.jpg

My dog is a big Denzel fan:
v8ge88.jpg

You can tell that the wizard didn't know much about this movie. Still, he was constantly checking out the poster:
2bceiw.jpg

Good entry! :lol

I'm sorry, Gary. I went to see Avatar today and even brought my sign, but no poster. I was doubly disappointed because there had been one there when I saw The Princess and the Frog. They did show a trailer, though!

102pah2.jpg

I haven't seen a single poster for The Book of Eli in Cleveland. I hit up two theaters and both were a bust. It's too bad because I was planning to do something rather special. :/

Dave Long

Banned
Gary's getting some of that social networking promotion, too!

22572_1309152134067_1388504891_1980649_3831839_n.jpg

Not sure who that moron is on the left, though. Next time he'll have to hand the napkins to the kids before having his wife take a picture of him pointing at...

Gary Whitta
Gary Whitta
Gary Whitta
Gary Whitta

I'm admitting adamsappel's entry because I admire the effort he put into his sign. So we now have six entries which means all are guaranteed a prize so long as no-one else enters :lol

chapel

Banned
I took my mom and sister to Avatar Imax 3D tonight and saw the poster. I really wanted to take a better picture, but my phone was about to die (it is a G1 and if you know anything about those, the battery does not last) so I rushed to get the picture. Not only that but there were a lot of people waiting in line right behind my mom when she took the picture, so it felt awkward.

Sucks I blocked out BELIEVE.

Gary, I am going to watch this day one! Luckily the theater 5 minutes from my house is rarely packed and there is a good chance I could watch it opening day/night.

chapel

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
:D Good luck!

Two weeks left in the contest, get your entries in!
You got this thread on lock down! What with all that cheddar influx you have more time to watch GAF?

I tell everyone I know about you writing the movie, maybe its partly because its like knowing someone famous (no matter how disconnected it is since none of us really know you) and it feels good to brag about knowing someone famous. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom