• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Captain Marvel movie might be better then me thought and more important

In the MCU they made it sound like Iron Man was the first supe known to the public. If Captain Marvel was flying around shooting energy blasts in the 90s how did they keep that secret? Cap has low end powers and was in the Army and Ant-Man and Wasp were spies I think.

LionPride

Banned
In the MCU they made it sound like Iron Man was the first supe known to the public. If Captain Marvel was flying around shooting energy blasts in the 90s how did they keep that secret? Cap has low end powers and was in the Army and Ant-Man and Wasp were spies I think.
Whatever happens in space

Stays in space

I feel like Danvers will get catapulted through time somehow once she stops the Skrull invasion. Without Danvers at his side, a one-eyed Fury starts researching to put the Avengers together to stop other threats on that kind of scale. She could have gone into space and had adventures, but I feel like they're gonna go for some kind of pathos like with Captain America or Doctor Strange where the character can't really go home again in that sense. So she gets pulled through time and lands in the middle of Thanos's invasion.

Oh it's going to be in space? What's the point of setting it in the 90s then?
I think Feige once mentione that Captain Marvel origin happened on earth, but her adventures are in space. I imagine it's gonna be like Green Lantern movie. Some Kree dude landed on earth, Carol got her power from him, go to space adventure. But hopefully this time, she stays there rather than go back to earth for final battle.

The 90s is so that younger Nick Fury is there and be the reason why he want to set avengers

The next big thing after Thanos will be Secret Invasion.

I really think that a character is going to die during Infinity War or Avengers 4, and then the post credit scene will be them reverting to a Skrull or something.

My bet on who? Black Widow. "I can't have kids" could mean something entirely different now.

Wow, I like the hell out of this theory, but I think the big bad will be Galactus.

Secret Invasion will be Cap 4.

The 90s is so that younger Nick Fury is there and be the reason why he want to set avengers

This, too.

It's going to put his scene from Iron Man in a new context.

I didnt read captain marvel comic, but I hope there will be scene where she goes super saiyan and do Kamehameha like blast attack like in MvC infinite. That'll show holywood how to make dragon ball live action movie. Man of Steel is close with the flying and punching, but a bit lacking in the energy blast department.

Like i would be something as common as a Skrull.

If i was an evil alien copy, I would be a Dire Wraith
8a8ceda851a20a63f1e555a5db77a55f--superhero-villains-superheroes.jpg

This is literally the idea I had, to set it in the 90s.

It starts with a dramatic and intense scene of Kree vs Skrull war. The scene end with "Who could possibly save us?"

Cut to Carol dancing in the club to Rhythm Is a Dancer.

She becomes an alcoholic after she came back from kicking ass in space?
Assuming she hasn't been through some major shit.
Remember one of Nick Fury's quotes from Winter Soldier ("The last time i trusted someone, I lost an eye.")? What if a Skrull disguised as a trusted SHIELD agent made Fury lose an eye?
I assumed he was referring to Alexander Pierce that entire time. Because he pretty much was.

Cvie

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in the MCU we didn't know aliens existed until at least Thor, and possibly not until the first Avengers.

Fury used the Asgardians showing up as an excuse for why they were making tesseract/hydra weapons, said something like finding out we weren't alone and ere outmatched but that seemed like just some shit he said to try get everyone off his back.

The way sheild handled Mjolnir and Thor in the first Thor movie i felt made it look crazy alien shit falling to earth was just part of the job

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in the MCU we didn't know aliens existed until at least Thor, and possibly not until the first Avengers.

Fury knew about alien long before Thor. Fury had Kree corpse hidden and using the blood to revive Coulson after all.

oh wow look at that, maybe Captain Marvel movie will actually be referencing Agents of SHIELD this time...

Fury used the Asgardians showing up as an excuse for why they were making tesseract/hydra weapons, said something like finding out we weren't alone and ere outmatched but that seemed like just some shit he said to try get everyone off his back.

The way sheild handled Mjolnir and Thor in the first Thor movie i felt made it look crazy alien shit falling to earth was just part of the job

Fury knew about alien long before Thor. Fury had Kree corpse hidden and using the blood to revive Coulson after all.

oh wow look at that, maybe Captain Marvel movie will actually be referencing Agents of SHIELD this time...

By we I meant the general public, in response to how he could keep Carol a secret this entire time. If the general public didn't even know there were aliens, then hiding someone that's fighting them out in space wouldn't be a very difficult proposition.

Cvie

By we I meant the general public, in response to how he could keep Carol a secret this entire time. If the general public didn't even know there were aliens, then hiding someone that's fighting them out in space wouldn't be a very difficult proposition.

oh yeah then for sure the first Avenger movie was when this alien shit got blown open to the public

fisheyes

I know nothing about the comics, but could another reason for setting Captain Marvel in the 90s be to allow for Ms. Marvel to appear in the MCU relatively quickly?

Glass Rebel

You gotta appreciate the lengths Marvel goes to make Carol an appealing character:

- Cast Oscar-winning actress Brie Larson
- Set it in the 90s, an era largely unexplored by the rest of the MCU.
- Incorporate Nick Fury and by extension SHIELD, who are in a place of turmoil after the departure of Hank Pym and the murder of Howard Stark.
- Link it to the Kree-Skrull War.

🙌🏼 Based Feige 🙌🏼

You gotta appreciate the lengths Marvel goes to make Carol an appealing character:

- Incorporate Nick Fury and by extension SHIELD, who are in a place of turmoil after the departure of Hank Pym and the murder of Howard Stark.

🙌🏼 Based Feige 🙌🏼

Not a lot of actual relevant comic book material to adapt from, I guess, so they got creative.

The Kree

Banned

🙌🏼 Based Feige 🙌🏼

Joe Quesada, Alex Alonso, and Brian Bendis aren't as full of good ideas.

Busty

Banned
Why is someone named Marvel in universe

It's pretty common actually.

Valiant comics has the same thing.

The character is called
Kevin Valiant

Does anyone else think that Marvel re-teaming Brie and Sam Jackson onscreen after the pair starred in Skull Island together, with almost zero chemistry, seems a little weird.

It seems a little odd to me.

Nightfall

I haven't read everything, so sorry if someone already said something similar

I think Tony could very well be a Skrull. If you think about it for a minute in conjunction with Civil War it makes sense. The Skrulls could be on earth since the 90's and Tony has been pushing the sokovia accords pretty hard.

What’s the main point of those? Don’t let the Avengers act on their own, instead make them government operated. And if the Skrulls are inside the government, they have control over the remaining real Avengers.

That would make perfect sense. And it would have way more impact than Ross or someone else.

I think Tony could very well be a Skrull. If you think about it for a minute in conjunction with Civil War it makes sense. The Skrulls could be on earth since the 90's and Tony has been pushing the sokovia accords pretty hard.

What’s the main point of those? Don’t let the Avengers act on their own, instead make them government operated. And if the Skrulls are inside the government, they have control over the remaining real Avengers.

That would make perfect sense. And it would have way more impact than Ross or someone else.

Tony is far-and-away the most popular character in the MCU. They're not gonna do that.

Glass Rebel

None of Tony's private emotional scenes would make sense.

tkscz

As long as they don't base it off the current Captain Marvel (personality wise, not don't base it on Carol Danvers) I have no issue with the movie. Current Danvers is kind of (completely) a jerk and a narcissist (I'm the worlds greatest super hero who can't stand being proven wrong and attack/kill people I disagree with. Also, I'm going to lecture you on how I'm right and you're wrong... I won the second Civil War).

I know everyone wants Secret Invasion, but I really want Annihilation. Marvel Studios has to get it right though. Stay as practical as possible with effects. Learn from your sister studio, Lucasfilm. Part of why the Force Awakens is so great is because they didn't go crazy with CG like the prequels did.
ILM has been working with Marvel since Iron Man.

Top Bottom