• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Captain Marvel movie might be better then me thought and more important

Cuburt

The Madame Hydra/Viper one doesn't work completely because Madame Hydra is a mantle assumed by more than just Viper.

Madame Hydra is a mantle, but in the Framework in AoS, she's known as Ophelia.

Comic Ophelia is Viper but the Fox Viper is not Ophelia, nor Madame Hydra.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If we pretend that the movies and the TV shows are still in the same universe, Fury still to this day hasn't told them that Coulson is alive.

Honestly, given the weird tease they did at the end of the last SHIELD season, I feel like they're setting up for him to be dead again by the time Infinity War rolls around.

error4041

I hope there is a scene where she is testing her powers by chasing some thief through space and after finally catching up to the ship and after forcing her way in, she finds a teenage angst-ridden Peter Quill complaining about how Yondu doesn't understand him and give him the freedom he deserves. Carol then threaten to break his Walkman unless he returns whatever he stole.

Mariolee

I hope there is a scene where she is testing her powers by chasing some thief through space and after finally catching up to the ship and after forcing her way in, she finds a teenage angst-ridden Peter Quill complaining about how Yondu doesn't understand him and give him the freedom he deserves. Carol then threaten to break his Walkman unless he returns whatever he stole.

I would be into this.

Cuburt

If we pretend that the movies and the TV shows are still in the same universe, Fury still to this day hasn't told them that Coulson is alive.

Fury didn't even tell them what he was doing in Europe after SHIELD fell or how he somehow recovered an old Helicarrier during that time after we see a whole fleet of them destroyed.

Um what? Yeah it's important, but not that important. It's notable because it's Marvel first female led film, and would have been earlier if it hadn't been for Perlmutter, but other then that it's just another superhero film. I hope it's really good though.

"People just don't understand, that's why I listen to the music I do!" "Oh yeah, aaah!"

Bronx-Man

Banned
Can't wait for those 90s fits to make their big screen return

tumblr_inline_ol20u8OrAU1tjvljr_540.jpg

Vic_Viper

What if the big reveal at the end of Infinity War is that some of the members of the Avengers have been Skrulls this entire time and then Avengers 4 is actually Secret Invasion! This has been getting alot of talk lately after Captain Marvel's reveal. Im not sure if itll happen in IW but Secret Invasion would be the perfect way to phase out actors with contracts that are up and not renewing. Being set in the 90s is the perfect way to show how the Skrulls have been around all this time without anyone even noticing.

Either way, Captain Marvel will be the beginning of whatever the next "Phase" of the MCU, along with Spider-man 2.

LionPride

Banned
Someone in these films are 100% gonna be revealed to be Skrulls post death

100%

I believe Bucky may be one of em, he may notdie tho.... 👀👀👀

GKnight

Banned
The only secret marvel thing im interested in is nick fury secret war starring daredevil, Luke, spiderman and wolverine who i guess would have to be replaced in the mcu.

Vic_Viper

What if Tony is a skrull and the real Tony died in that cave in Afghanistan back in 2008

I think hes the only one that is guaranteed not to be a Skrull, just because I think they will want to be able to bring him back from time to time ala Spider-man Homecoming. Not in a lead role again, but more of a mentor cameo. Cap will probably die, either in IW or Avengers 4. Skrull predictions imo are Hawkeye and Spider-woman.

Rvaan

Banned
I think hes the only one that is guaranteed not to be a Skrull, just because I think they will want to be able to bring him back from time to time ala Spider-man Homecoming. Not in a lead role again, but more of a mentor cameo. Cap will probably die, either in IW or Avengers 4. Skrull predictions imo are Hawkeye and Spider-woman.

I think Tony and Cap are safe from being a Skrull. My guess is either Fury or Widow for being a Skrull. Maybe both.

Cvie

What if the big reveal at the end of Infinity War is that some of the members of the Avengers have been Skrulls this entire time and then Avengers 4 is actually Secret Invasion! This has been getting alot of talk lately after Captain Marvel's reveal. Im not sure if itll happen in IW but Secret Invasion would be the perfect way to phase out actors with contracts that are up and not renewing. Being set in the 90s is the perfect way to show how the Skrulls have been around all this time without anyone even noticing.

Either way, Captain Marvel will be the beginning of whatever the next "Phase" of the MCU, along with Spider-man 2.

What if Fury has been working with the Skrulls all along as an ally against Thanos.

We're through the looking glass here people!

Owari

Secret Invasion was so awesome. I can't wait to see what the next films have in store. This could be recreated more faithfully than how Civil War was adapted and turn out really special.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Fury being a skrull takes the complete wind out of the Winter Soldier's ending. I'm guessing Ross and Hawkeye. It can't be anyone that actually had their own movie, because then that takes a huge dump on entire trilogies.

Then again, I don't think a skrull would let themselves get mind controlled by Loki. Probably just Ross then.

LionPride

Banned
Fury being a skrull takes the complete wind out of the Winter Soldier's ending. I'm guessing Ross and Hawkeye. It can't be anyone that actually had their own movie, because then that takes a huge dump on entire trilogies.

Then again, I don't think a skrull would let themselves get mind controlled by Loki. Probably just Ross then.
What if Hawkeye wasn't a Skrull until AoU

If they kill someone off in IW just to have the group discover that they had been replaced by a skrull at some point I think it might actually bring the movie down a bit for me.

Like, can Marvel films not have consequences or something? They're literally facing off against the big bad that's been (supposedly) pulling all the strings in the background. Someone is gonna die. Hard.

(i gotta add this: i know that death doesn't automatically raise the stakes if the characters aren't well rounded and all that jazz.)

LionPride

Banned
If they kill someone off in IW just to have the group discover that they had been replaced by a skrull at some point I think it might actually bring the movie down a bit for me.

Like, can Marvel films not have consequences or something? They're literally facing off against the big bad that's been (supposedly) pulling all the strings in the background. Someone is gonna die. Hard.

(i gotta add this: i know that death doesn't automatically raise the stakes if the characters aren't well rounded and all that jazz.)
It's just theories because this movie is gonna have Skrulls

Nothing more

Ross I can see, and it would work in the films. Hawkeye, it depends on how long he was a Skrull, since he has kids and all.

Neoxon

Remember one of Nick Fury's quotes from Winter Soldier ("The last time i trusted someone, I lost an eye.")? What if a Skrull disguised as a trusted SHIELD agent made Fury lose an eye?

Top Bottom