• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Carolina Reaper Madness tortilla chip: so spicy it's being sold as a single chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biske

I'll never quite understand the whole spicy food craze. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing people in pain. But I dunno, peppers to me taste like 100% pure ass.

One time at work a guy brought in his own home made hot sauce, which was apparently very hot, and multiple people got sick. Those were good times.

Makes me miss being a teenager and watching my friends to stupid things like that.

Vestal

Gold Member
I'll never quite understand the whole spicy food craze. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing people in pain. But I dunno, peppers to me taste like 100% pure ass.

One time at work a guy brought in his own home made hot sauce, which was apparently very hot, and multiple people got sick. Those were good times.

Makes me miss being a teenager and watching my friends to stupid things like that.

From a medical article....
The brain responds by releasing another type of neurotransmitter known as endorphins. ... Additionally, the neurotransmitter dopamine, responsible for a sense of reward and pleasure, is also released. In essence, for some people eating large amounts of spicy food triggers a sense of euphoria similar to a “runner's high”.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Spicey food obsessed people can be so hilarious sometimes.
"Whatever, these aren't spicey, I regularly dice up the peppers into a cocaine like consistency and shove it in my dickhole. Then I have a crackhead suck it out and spit it in my eye. And that barely burns. I don't think these will even challenge me. I have destroyed my ability to taste things long ago, send help, Jesus weeps."

These things are painful to eat

350-525424__1.jpg
They're as painful as they are impossible to put down

My 14-year-old daughter eats these. Step your games up.

Zubz

Banned
I've never had anything Reaper-y yet. I should rectify that. That said, a single chip that costs $5 isn't how I'd want to do it.

Tried some Carolina Reaper seeds a few months back. I actually didn't have too much trouble handling the heat. It upset my stomach for the rest of the evening though.

Ghost Peppers actually have a pretty good taste to them. A little bit smoky at first before the heat kicks in, it's hard to explain.

I understand.

Their ghost pepper chips are pretty legit and I love spicy food. It takes me a couple of days to get through a bag due to how quickly the heat builds. It gets real when you get to the bottom of the bag where all the spicy powder has collected. I have never been remotely impressed by "spicy chips" until I tried those. There are the first ones to almost break me. Their next hottest chip are the habanero ones and they are super easy to eat. I don't feel any heat at all when I eat those.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It's not going to be as hot as a Reaper. It'll probably be Habenero levels hot. Reapers are not even taht hot to begin with. You want hot? try accidentally burning your tongue with actual fire. Now that is true pain.

Shit son, you straight up hardcore, but if you wanna take this to the next level, you gotta find your nearest volcano and eat some magma

bestami

as a person who can't eat spicy foods at all, i really can't understand the appeal of hot/spicy foods. Only hot spice i like is black pepper and thats because its not hot at all.

I can't feel any taste on hot spices, just pain.

KAOz

Short bus special
I loooove hot food so much.

My stomach doesnt anymore though. As soon as I eat peppers, specially green varities, my stomach breaks. It wasnt like this before. Damnit.

I really want to try this. But it WILL break me.

Frodo

Someone (preferentially someone that is not on a spicy penis contest) try it and let us know how it is.

B.O.O.M

as a person who can't eat spicy foods at all, i really can't understand the appeal of hot/spicy foods. Only hot spice i like is black pepper and thats because its not hot at all.

Well yeah...it IS a pain not a taste. It's very addictive and when done right (as in not just dumping a bag of chili pepper pieces to make a dish spicy) it's VERY satisfying. I can't eat bland food at all

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Shit son, you straight up hardcore, but if you wanna take this to the next level, you gotta find your nearest volcano and eat some magma

You guys are both wimps. I fly out to space with a specially designed open-mouth suit and "taste" unfiltered solar radiation.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm the best there is at spicy stuff. No one can contest me. Nothing is spicy to me. I'm the greatest person. My life advice is better than your shitty grandpa's life advice. Please feel sorry for me, when I'm not eating spicy food I'm the victim.

This seems like the sort of thing that would make the rounds amongst popular Youtubers. It's an unboxing video and a challenge video all in one! You can pull a good 6 minutes of content from this single tortilla chip!

B.O.O.M

This seems like the sort of thing that would make the rounds amongst popular Youtubers. It's an unboxing video and a challenge video all in one! You can pull a good 6 minutes of content from this single tortilla chip!

This is the kind of things that will also be popular in college parties, for pranks as well as well challenges/bets

KHlover

Banned

Well, there's other chilli than just habanero, reapers and ghost peppers. Being less spicy those don't overwhelm the other ingredients as much. Also depends on how you prepare them. Ideally you have taste+pain. I'm a slave to good sambal.

these girls ate the pepper itself.

it went very poorly for them. especially the left one

https://twitter.com/DarthVectivus/status/777674250102706176

Hopefully they were able to gain some semblance of humility from this and learned a valuable lesson.
If that was the whole point of eating it how swell would that be. But we both know that wasn't the case.

Actively trying to wreck your body for "teh lolz" is always something I'll look down upon.

mcz117chief

Spicey food obsessed people can be so hilarious sometimes.
"Whatever, these aren't spicey, I regularly dice up the peppers into a cocaine like consistency and shove it in my dickhole. Then I have a crackhead suck it out and spit it in my eye. And that barely burns. I don't think these will even challenge me. I have destroyed my ability to taste things long ago, send help, Jesus weeps."

rofl, thanks for the laugh, man XD

sappyday

I ate two habanero peppers one time. Had to drink a lot of milk to make the pain go away. I was at work when I did it so I pretty much had to go take my lunch cause I could not work. Right after work I went straight to go watch Ant Man at the theaters. Could not enjoy it cause I was getting some of the worst stomache pains imaginable.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Drop 30 bucks for an underwhelming prank brehs

5 dollars a chip lmao. Love the packaging but these people must be out of their fuckin mind

Dude, it's not about the manufacturing price of the goddamn chip or the amount of chips you get.
It's sold as a 5$ boxed gimmick for goofs and internet viral videos. It's not going to be a mass market product, nor was it ever aimed to become one.

It's not going to be as hot as a Reaper. It'll probably be Habenero levels hot. Reapers are not even taht hot to begin with. You want hot? try accidentally burning your tongue with actual fire. Now that is true pain.

Pffft, regular fire? I do that in my sleep.

TRY LICKING THE SUN

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
You guys are both wimps. I fly out to space with a specially designed open-mouth suit and "taste" unfiltered solar radiation.
Yo I didn't know GAF was filled with a bunch of cowards.

I fucking ate the sun once. It was little hot but I mean nothing some milk can't fix.

Fuck outta here talking about reaper chips bahahahaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom