• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The coming onslaught of JRPG inspired indie games

Ranger X

Shadows of Adam should be out this year.

shadows-of-adam-ss1-large.jpg

OMG, I love the pixel art on this one. Very tempting!

TrounceX

CrossCode deserves a mention too, its been out for a while but still in Early Access. Love the spritework in this.

Hey thanks for this. I just played the demo and it was great!

I loved the art style and the music. Great combat mechanics with a few interesting wrinkles and cool puzzles. And that premise, a very interesting twist on the Sword Art Online type genre. I'm intrigued already.

Going to buy the early access now.

Lynx_7

Never heard of Omori before but it looks exactly like my kind of thing. Lighthearted exterior with lots of psychological horror going on. Also reminds me a little bit of Yume Nikki. Will definitely give it a try.

It makes me happy to see so many potentially cool jrpgs from indie devs. I'm looking forward to CSH. Indivisible I'll wait to see more from it but it has potential. Glitched has the most "Earthbound" aesthetic of the bunch so I'll keep an eye on it too, and Knuckle Sandwich's premise sounds like the kind of thing I might enjoy if executed well. Makes me a bit sad too that I can't code or make art so I'll never get to do one of my own, but them's the breaks. :p

Philippo

I hope some of these lands on Switch as soon as possible, looks like the kind of light-hearted yet right down my alley kind of games i'd loooooove to play while commuting to work on the bus.

StereoVsn

Hey thanks for this. I just played the demo and it was great!

I loved the art style and the music. Great combat mechanics with a few interesting wrinkles and cool puzzles. And that premise, a very interesting twist on the Sword Art Online type genre. I'm intrigued already.

Going to buy the early access now.
Excellent, it's a great game with very good EA progression and it should be out in early summer. It personally very much clicked with me.

Top Bottom