• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Conduit Discussion Thread (Videos + Other Media)

Nicko

WWII_soldier.jpg

:lol :lol

Aliens vs Nazi's confirmed.

Threi

notag
That poster is kind of ironic as games where you kill aliens are just as overdone as games that take place in WWII :lol

donny2112

markatisu said:
But are there really 12 Wii FPS games?

WWII:
Call of Duty 3
Medal of Honor: Heroes II
Brothers in Arms: Double Time
Medal of Honor: Vanguard
Call of Duty: World at War

non-WWII:
Red Steel
Far Cry: Vengeance
Metroid Prime 3
007: Quantum of Solace
Onslaught

Not sure what the others are. Also not sure if they are limiting it to released games.

markatisu

donny2112 said:
WWII:
Call of Duty 3
Medal of Honor: Heroes II
Brothers in Arms: Double Time
Medal of Honor: Vanguard
Call of Duty: World at War

non-WWII:
Red Steel
Far Cry: Vengeance
Metroid Prime 3
007: Quantum of Solace
Onslaught

Not sure what the others are. Also not sure if they are limiting it to released games.

I completely forgot about 007, Brothers in Arms and MOH:V

donny2112

markatisu said:
I completely forgot about 007,

Wii had the best-selling version (according to the same source as the other leaked Jan data). If that doesn't tell you there's a FPS-starved audience on Wii, nothing will. :lol

donny2112 said:
Wii had the best-selling version (according to the same source as the other leaked Jan data). If that doesn't tell you there's a FPS-starved audience on Wii, nothing will. :lol
Youve gotta be shitting me... :lol

donny2112 said:

This can't be true...

donny2112

Frencherman said:
This can't be true...

Rounded to the nearest 10K, 180/140/100 is Wii/360/PS3. I'd have probably bought it myself (after some price drops), if the bounding box could've been tightened down a lot more.

Haunted

donny2112 said:
Rounded to the nearest 10K, 180/140/100 is Wii/360/PS3. I'd have probably bought it myself (after some price drops), if the bounding box could've been tightened down a lot more.
That's hilarious, but also a bit sad.

markatisu

donny2112 said:

Thats fascinating, I guess when those numbers came out I saw Sonic Unleashed and Force Unleashed doing so well on Wii that I forgot 007 was another one that did better/good on the Wii.

After all the bashing the Wii version got for its graphics you would imagine it tanked (not that 180k is a cheerleading number, but it seems the game did not fare well regardless of platform)

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
NO, NO, you don't get it! It didn't sell most on the Wii because there's an audience for that kind of game. Nonsense! It's because Wii owners actively look out for games ported as afterthoughts...

Or so I heard.

pakkit

Banned
Movie tie-ins should be expected to sell the most on the most "mainstream" of the consoles. No big surprise there.

It's a james bond game. Bond is popular amongst people other than teens, so it makes sense.

What about the other multi platform games?

donny2112

dabookerman said:
What about the other multi platform games?

Wii and PS3/360. Wii and PS3/360.

It's not about making games Wii-only. It's about making sure there's a Wii version of every major multi-platfom game. There's no reason not to with the userbase so large, and with so many publishers losing money, there're lots of reasons to have a Wii version in production.

Wii and PS3/360.

P.S. Love the straws people are grasping for when one poorly rated FPS happens to sell most on Wii. You'd think Wii Call of Duty: World at War was nipping at the 360 version's heels or something. :lol Did you happen to consider a more simple explanation? Maybe PS3/360 owners had better options to buy than Wii owners did? :p

markatisu

donny2112 said:
Wii and PS3/360. Wii and PS3/360.

It's not about making games Wii-only. It's about making sure there's a Wii version of every major multi-platfom game. There's no reason not to with the userbase so large, and with so many publishers losing money, there're lots of reasons to have a Wii version in production.

Wii and PS3/360.

P.S. Love the straws people are grasping for when one poorly rated FPS happens to sell most on Wii. You'd think Wii Call of Duty: World at War was nipping at the 360 version's heels or something. :lol Did you happen to consider a more simple explanation? Maybe PS3/360 owners had better options to buy than Wii owners did? :p

Donny you should know by now everything for Wii needs a qualifer or * to explain it

Quantum of Solace Wii is also the only version with local multiplayer, that huge oversight on the part of the PS360 versions might be more important than we think

Seriously COD4 had local multiplayer, how did they fuck that up

http://wii.ign.com/articles/976/976196p1.html

Interview about controls and other things. Lots of screenshots of control options and gameplay.

the-conduit-20090424020625105.jpg

the-conduit-20090424020628324.jpg

the-conduit-20090424020635214.jpg

the-conduit-20090424021104205.jpg

the-conduit-20090424021109440.jpg

the-conduit-20090424021114815.jpg

the-conduit-20090424021120064.jpg

the-conduit-20090424021125408.jpg

the-conduit-20090424023600486.jpg

the-conduit-20090424023612079.jpg

the-conduit-20090424023616173.jpg

the-conduit-20090424023618454.jpg

the-conduit-20090424023622016.jpg

the-conduit-20090424023637156.jpg

the-conduit-20090424023639391.jpg

the-conduit-20090424023642406.jpg

From the interview:

Eric: We could run at 60 fps as well if we wanted to look like a PSP game ported to Wii, which is what Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is.

We even prototyped a Wii MotionPlus specific melee weapon and it showed a lot of promise. But we simply didn't have enough time in our schedule to make it polished and great. So, it had to go.

Vinci

Danish
*sigh*

As tired as I am of FPSs, and as generic as this game looks, I might support it simply due to all the control options and configurations they included. That's awesome.

What an ugly, ugly game. Zero bump mapping and more aliasing than you can shake a Wiimote at. Metroid Prime 3 looks ten times better. I still hope it's a blast to play.

ChoklitReign said:
What an ugly, ugly game. Zero bump mapping and more aliasing than you can shake a Wiimote at. Metroid Prime 3 looks ten times better. I still hope it's a blast to play.
That's because Prime 3 had brilliant environments and art design.

Cipherr

pakkit said:
Movie tie-ins should be expected to sell the most on the most "mainstream" of the consoles. No big surprise there.

Somehow no matter what game happens to sell on Wii theres some "reason" why its never a surprise or a big deal or even meaningful at all. But when the opposite happens its all the proof in the world that the Wii is hardly worth the effort for third parties.

ChoklitReign said:
Once again, MP3 proves that these developers don't know shit.
These guys have made so many good decisions, been open to criticisms, and have actually fixed issues that normally go unchanged when voiced. Ive felt that they have given us the absolute best product that is possible with their capabilities, and I will most certainly show support with my money on day 1(preordered actually). With that said, I beg to get an explanation for that statement, because if they meant it as it sounds, then it qualifies as one of the most idiotic things ever said.

Maybe they just meant that it wasnt technically possible with their own specific capabilities to get it at a rock solid 60fps. I hope thats what was meant...

:^/

Vinci

Danish
Puncture said:
Somehow no matter what game happens to sell on Wii theres some "reason" why its never a surprise or a big deal or even meaningful at all. But when the opposite happens its all the proof in the world that the Wii is hardly worth the effort for third parties.

I love the argument that its success actually means it fails.

Top Bottom