• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew might have the most disgusting microtransactions in a full priced title yet

jpax

The traditional console market will reject disgusting f2p monetization models in full priced titles without hesitation.

From review to word of mouth to sales it will all be bad for this game and any like it.

Where are you living?

Dragon age Inquisition
Plants vs zombies garden warfare
FIFA
Madden
NBA 2k
Forza 5
Assassin's creed 4

All very successful games and no rejection what so ever. Do you seriously believe they will drop this.

Kuni

Really hope the decision makers read threads like these.

Microtransactions and the f2p model is just going to get worse as short sighted decision makers keep adding them in to 'maximize the bottom line'. If I pay for a game I don't expect to pay anything more. If you make more content for that game after I will be happy to pay for it if it's good.

Charging me piecemeal for items and single things is just a scam all under the ruse of making the game more "accessible" for people without as much time. To get it all costs hundreds... even thousands. It's just so bad... I'm actually worried this will impact the industry really badly.

Mash83

So disappointing, I don't really care about this game but I had high hopes for the division. I'll be so sad if that game is ruined by micro transactions but it seems that ubi games are heading in that direction.

So disappointing, I don't really care about this game but I had high hopes for the division. I'll be so sad if that game is ruined by micro transactions but it seems that ubi games are heading in that direction.
Considering that it is a MMORPG game, I'm pretty sure the game will feature microtransactions just like recent Ubi games. It is one of my most anticipated games but I'm very worried that Ubi will ruin it :(

ghostjoke

Banned
Bravo Ubi, there is a large spiked dildo you will attempt to jam up our asses. At this point you just have to sit back (keeping your wallet sealed tightly in your grasp) and watch as they become Satan incarnate. Actually no, going by South Park, they're worse than even the Canadian devil.

Where are you living?

Dragon age Inquisition
Plants vs zombies garden warfare
FIFA
Madden
NBA 2k
Forza 5
Assassin's creed 4

All very successful games and no rejection what so ever. Do you seriously believe they will drop this.

Only Forza 5 had monetization hooks anywhere near The Crew - all of the other games you mentioned do have some but they are very easy to ignore and don't obviously affect the game design.

Forza 5 took a tremendous amount of heat for its grind due to microtransactions and they did go back on a lot of that stuff in patches and in Forza Horizon 2.

jpax

Only Forza 5 had monetization hooks anywhere near The Crew - all of the other games you mentioned do have some but they are very easy to ignore and don't obviously affect the game design.

Forza 5 took a tremendous amount of heat for its grind due to microtransactions and they did go back on a lot of that stuff in patches and in Forza Horizon 2.

So you think the MT in NBA 2k14 are OK? They can block you basically from playing some modes and thus the game.
Have you read the article about dragon age multiplayer? This is also completely fucked up.
What do you mean they "they did go back"? They did not! You sill can spend thousands of dollars on cars which are in the game, even after the patch.

Guile

Banned
Honestly, why anyone would buy or support this title is beyond me. You're pretty much kicking every real gamer in the face by supporting this kinda of crap. I want this shit to stop, but that obviously won't happen when plenty of people will throw their money at Ubi regardless.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ubisofted
i0W5XOCIWHwBB.jpg

Jim Sterling's Micrewtransactions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJbAt5QWDhU

Total Biscuit
You can literally spend real money to get "perks" which increase handling, xp gain etc. You can also buy what looks to be most cars and parts in the game with "crew credits" as well. These are bought through microtransactions. It does look like some of them are so outlandishly priced that you'd never pay for them with real money but I'll say the same thing I've said before. Microtransactions in full priced releases are not ok because I can't trust you not to screw with the progression curve in order to "encourage" me to pay to accelerate it. Goddamnit Ubisoft.

0338_iiu14.gif

Please, nobody buy this. Tell your friends not to buy it too.

Top Bottom