• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

I, for one, am delighted to hear that the audience for American Horror Story: Hotel has deemed this unworthy of even ten minutes of their time.
Cat-Gives-High-Five-on-Couch.gif

Watched it earlier it it was ok, need to see more eps before I can really judge if I'll stick with it. But the songs will be fun I think.

Absolutely loved the rapper part and come to find out he's actually a rapper in real life, Nipsey Hussle, hope to see him again.

Zoe

"West Covina" musical number, for your viewing pleasure. I adore this song and all of those little comical touches in it.

I wonder, why did they reshoot some of this footage? I always notice the little details and it kinda bothers me that her hairstyle is slightly different :D

Which part do you think they reshot?

She's wearing a different dress and hairstyle in the beginning--passage of time and whatnot. Other slight differences just mean they probably couldn't get everything done in just one go.

Which part do you think they reshot?

She's wearing a different dress and hairstyle in the beginning--passage of time and whatnot. Other slight differences just mean they probably couldn't get everything done in just one go.

There are just those little shots that her hair do is just slightly off - and there are differences between the trailers and what made it into the show. It's not a big deal by any means, it's just that it's there.

By the way, a song from the next episode: "I'm so good at yoga"

dreams

I really don't think I liked it. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, though, since I like musicals in general. I could never get into Glee, since it was about high school and also everyone sounded like a singing robot, so I'm glad the singing voices in this sound believable. Will reserve judgment for a few episodes.

JCX

Great premiere. My favorite joke was
waiting for a text, then getting the automated data message.

Solid start. The name is still bad, but this could really gain audience on streaming.

Sober

I really don't think I liked it. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, though, since I like musicals in general. I could never get into Glee, since it was about high school and also everyone sounded like a singing robot, so I'm glad the singing voices in this sound believable. Will reserve judgment for a few episodes.
The problem with Glee was never the music performances themselves.

Okay, well a few of them were questionable.

I had a bit of a realization when trying to put together exactly what Rebecca is going through and while doing so realized it's pretty much a "There's Something About Mary" effect minus, maybe, all the others.

anaron

this episode has been hilarious

"sorry I don't do humour."

"do people who go to Harvard say it as much as you?" "Yup."

anaron

Incredibly strong second episode. This show is fully embracing the insanity and it illustrated very nicely that it won't have to lean on the amazing musical numbers to be quality TV.

I thought some of the Paula and Rebecca stuff was a bit over the top but then they remind you they're both quite literally crazy and everything honestly does make sense. lol

Zoe

Dammit, the local CW sucks. This the second week in a row that my recording has had issues. Last week it was just missing the CC's and seemed slightly off sync, but this time the audio not was cutting out like every 5 seconds :\

Guess I'll have to wait to watch it online :(

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Just watched Episode 1. I do love me some shows about psychotic breaks. And it's also a musical? And it's on CW so it has all that (dumb) CW drama stuff I like? I'm so on board with this you have no idea. Can't wait to watch Episode 2... later. Like, much later. It's a busy week. This apparently airs at the same time as Gotham too. That's a big no-no for me =\.

Top Bottom