• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

As Rachel Bloom just tweeted: "@Racheldoesstuff: Guys: if you have to ask a lady if she finished, bitch didn't finish. #CrazyExGirlfriend"

anaron

The Friday rerun of Crazy Ex-GF had more viewers than the Monday episode did...
yay?

episode was SO GOOD! I love that the show has a heartbreaking underlining to everything hilarious. Heather is immediately more interesting now that she's shown to have, well, feelings.

This episode had lots of funny moments, but it mostly made me sad. And that's totally okay, I expected the show to be about a really messed up person. On the other hand, it gets weird and uncomfortable when you find someone's horrible behavior too relatable...

Anyway, I loved it. Probably my favorite since the premiere, both songs were brilliant.

This episode had lots of funny moments, but it mostly made me sad. And that's totally okay, I expected the show to be about a really messed up person. On the other hand, it gets weird and uncomfortable when you find someone's horrible behavior too relatable...

Anyway, I loved it. Probably my favorite since the premiere, both songs were brilliant.

That is why it worked so well.

"She's like a stalker I use to live inside of". The first of many great lines in this episode. I was kind of hoping that the "vegan hipster" would turn out to be a murderer or kidney thief who targets vegans.

Josh was always a terrible fit for Rebecca, even in the pilot that was clear, she's only latched on to the idea of being with him because he reminds her of maybe the only time she was happy, probably since her father left. She's not a great person on top of her psychological issues.

Man, these musical numbers are so damn great, though I sort of feel the show around them has started to deteriorate somewhat.

Poor Greg :-(

anaron

a lot of big names have exclaimed their love for the show this week including Patton Oswalt, Tig Notoro, Lena Dunham, Donal Logue.

hope the exposure helps out!

mm04

This show is amazing. Those 2 numbers were ridiculously funny. If this show were on cable, people would really be talking about it. Oh well, I'm enjoying it for as long as we have it.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Makes sense. Putting this show against Supergirl is astonishingly boneheaded.

CW needed something to pair with Jane the Virgin and thought this might be a good fit. Unfortunately, I don't really feel like it works that well next to Jane's telenovela stylings. This episode was possibly the best one yet. Let's hope CW can find a way to save what is shaping up to be one of the best new shows this season. Unfortunately, this show really isn't a match for their demographic. I could see it fitting better next to You're the Worst for example.

Josh was always a terrible fit for Rebecca, even in the pilot that was clear, she's only latched on to the idea of being with him because he reminds her of maybe the only time she was happy, probably since her father left. She's not a great person on top of her psychological issues.

He kinda has a calming influence on her. She thinks that if they are together, somehow Josh will fix her.

anaron

CXG has been nominated for a People's Choice award for Best New Comedy.

go vote! :)

also the ratings are still garbage but it did go up!

Not only did the CW’s Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (0.3/1) and Jane The Virgin (0.4/1) both raise a tenth but they hit some highs. With viewership of 977,000 the freshman got its best audience yet while Jane‘s 1.085 million was a Season 2 high. Both Fox’s Minority Report (0.6/2) and CBS’ Scorpion (1.9/5) were even with last week’s shows. NCIS: LA (1.2/4) dipped 8% from its last original of October 19.

anaron

@Racheldoesstuff: Tomorrow night is very exciting because it will be the singing debut of @mrpetegardner on #CrazyExGirlfriend and he is AMAZING.

DARYL

For those that might join us because of the thread linking "Settle For Me," welcome to the club. We now have friends! We definitely have friends!

Since my normal watching doesn't matter due to not being a Nielsen household I've been making it a point to watch or at least play it again after it's put up on The CW's site.

More and more I'm getting a feeling that Rachel Bloom and I are somehow connected telepathically. Of course that would depend on how much of the lyrics she wrote on that one.

Top Bottom