• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz |OT| - Miami, Hot Takes, Night Clubs, & Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yasssss

You know the show is back when the first thing you see on Twitter is a poll asking is Stu the worst?

Vanillalite

Sooooooo

They might kill the show. Dan's over it all. He's not doing the local hour all month, and he's going on vacation at the end of the month again.

They might just keep the national show going for a little bit and kill the local hour cause Dan doesn't want to wake up early and walk 3 blocks to work at 8:30 every morning.

Dan seems to be more and more over it all though. I think the only reason he's not killing the show proper is he doesn't want to layoff the shipping container.

Sooooooo

They might kill the show. Dan's over it all. He's not doing the local hour all month, and he's going on vacation at the end of the month again.

They might just keep the national show going for a little bit and kill the local hour cause Dan doesn't want to wake up early and walk 3 blocks to work at 8:30 every morning.

Dan seems to be more and more over it all though. I think the only reason he's not killing the show proper is he doesn't want to layoff the shipping container.
Noooooooooooooo

I'm glad that they are back for now

Vanillalite

Upside is we get an hour or just Stu and Cote tomorrow?

Idk how else to spin this. Dan is just over it, and he's probably made enough bank to be comfortable.

Ninjimbo

What's this about Dan being over it all? I haven't listened for the past couple of weeks because Dan was on vacay. Is he really done doing the radio show or is he just being douchey to obnoxious fans?

Vanillalite

What's this about Dan being over it all? I haven't listened for the past couple of weeks because Dan was on vacay. Is he really done doing the radio show or is he just being douchey to obnoxious fans?

Stu literally starts the local hour saying I got good news and I got bad news.

Good news is Dan and I are back.

Bad news not till 10 AM, and only for 2 days. Then more vacation, and Stu says Dan isn't doing the local hour all month.

Vanillalite

Rumor is if you remember Dan bitching before his vacation about some Father's Day shit Papi got mad about and Dan covered for 790 that I don't he was told about or paid for that Dan is like fuck you to 790.

That's why he's not doing the local hour supposedly.

Vanillalite

Look at least we can grateful they're at least back for Cote Tuesday.

Yeah.... About that.... Umm... Sorry?

20170711_084141vsztc.png

Vanillalite

I know they play it up for effect, but I think Dan is genuinely pissed ESPN fucked him on the fly over.

Don't blame him since while his first suspension was probably justified and Dan went overboard this isn't even something that anyone actually disagrees with even within baseball. Hell Tim K said Loria was the worst by his own peers.

That and ESPN telling Dan one thing, but not backing him up can get to Dan. Especially since he's single and at a point in his career where he doesn't need this job.

Vanillalite

Wait a minute, Dan's on today? I thought he was going back on vacation?

Heh. I ain't mad.

Stu's on vacation. Then when he comes back Dan goes back on vacation starting at the end of the month.

Dan is boycotting 790 the ticket for their Father's Day bullshit though. So since he's not doing the local hour all month there is only a local hour replay today. Don't trust Cote to do it solo.

The show is still great but in terms of hosts and shit been all over the place this Summer. Lol

Stu's on vacation. Then when he comes back Dan goes back on vacation starting at the end of the month.

Dan is boycotting 790 the ticket for their Father's Day bullshit though. So since he's not doing the local hour all month there is only a local hour replay today. Don't trust Cote to do it solo.

The show is still great but in terms of hosts and shit been all over the place this Summer. Lol

Ah, ok. Misread the situation then. Still though, I get dan's frustration. We all just need to go after Justin. Standing in the way of our fun.

yeah this summer has been more chaotic than usual when it comes to scheduling. local hour best hour so just gotta rough out a few more weeks without dan in there...

So Rapaport literally went to podcastchart.com and showed his show listed higher than le batard.

Uh, okay.

Edit: I mean, how long his this dude been beefing with the show now? lol. I can't even remember.

So Rapaport literally went to podcastchart.com and showed his show listed higher than le batard.

Uh, okay.

Edit: I mean, how long his this dude been beefing with the show now? lol. I can't even remember.
He was on bill Simmons podcast last month freaking out about lebatard and Stu. Bill was uncomfortable and it was embarrassing for rappaport. Rappaport also went on a rant about Hamilton sucking, so yeah - he's crazy.

Vanillalite

Uh, okay.

What's stupid about that is you can't ever actually know who has the most podcast downloads as it's impossible to actually get the numbers.

Everything else is like VGchartsz level of guessing lol

Vanillalite

Still not loving LeBatard protesting the local hour or whatever =[

It sucks, but I'm ok with it.

His employer basically got him to work for free. So he's protesting.

The bigger issue is gonna be after his protest month is up. Dan was already kinda over coming in for the local hour as is since he has to do HQ as well.

Fjordson

It sucks, but I'm ok with it.

His employer basically got him to work for free. So he's protesting.

The bigger issue is gonna be after his protest month is up. Dan was already kinda over coming in for the local hour as is since he has to do HQ as well.
Fuuck. Watch him never do it again lol.

The local hour is my favourite by far tbh. When it's just Dan, Stu and the shipping container. No interviews or anything. I love hearing about random Miami shit or just weird personal life stuff. And I say this as someone who's never even visited Miami.

Vanillalite

Fuuck. Watch him never do it again lol.

The local hour is my favourite by far tbh. When it's just Dan, Stu and the shipping container. No interviews or anything. I love hearing about random Miami shit or just weird personal life stuff. And I say this as someone who's never even visited Miami.

I think most of the hardcore fans would agree. The local hour is a gazillion times funnier. They also are less afraid of going off topic.

The regular 3 hour ESPN show can drag especially when it's a slow sports period and Dan feels he has to talk SOMETHING sport's related to fill content time which ends up with Floyd vs Conor talk for 2/3rds of the show.

Vanillalite

I love that Wake & Take has imaging.

I also love how the local hour started with a trainwreck. Stu was like I'm tired gonna mail it in. Oh and I need a home remedy for my burnt tounge turned into Stu gargling salt water on the air.

#NotTerrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom