• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) - No Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

LtGordon.jpg

GCPD_RIOT_OFFICER.jpg

TheJokerSgt.jpg

LuciousFox.jpg

AlfredPennyworth.jpg

I feel like I'm gonna walk out of the theater feeling like I'll never see anything as good ever.

I know Bane has to have his mask removed one way or another at some point. And I've got a feeling that when it happens, he'll have his nose gone or something. I hope it's rancid.

apana

Like with the other Batman films the villain will be the special ingredient and Bane is amazing so I'm ready to set up the mission accomplished banner.

I feel like I'm gonna walk out of the theater feeling like I'll never see anything as good ever.

I know Bane has to have his mask removed one way or another at some point. And I've got a feeling that when it happens, he'll have his nose gone or something. I hope it's rancid.

bronson1.jpg

The mask comes off... and it turns out it's Bronson.

DMczaf

All I know is that the
"You've given them everything!" "I haven't given them everything. Not yet." exchange between Catwoman and Batman
from the CinamaCon reel better damn well be in the trailer. The prologue sizzle reel having so many better scenes than the trailer was so annoying.

I would love a Dark Knight Rises risk board game.

All I know is that the
"You've given them everything!" "I haven't given them everything. Not yet." exchange between Catwoman and Batman
from the CinamaCon reel better damn well be in the trailer. The prologue sizzle reel having so many better scenes than the trailer was so annoying.
Yep, the trailer should have ended with
Bane dropping the broken Bat mask.
Would have been damn perfect.

nomis

4 popcorn movies and Abrams is going top tier? Lets see him handle something more substantial. What is an IMAX masterpiece?

TDK-esque use of IMAX segments to broaden the scope of a script that actually has something interesting to say, unlike Star Trek 09 which was just a (great) popcorn movie.

All I know is that the

I would love a Dark Knight Rises risk board game.

Yep, the trailer should have ended with
Bane dropping the broken Bat mask.
Would have been damn perfect.

Yeah. I hope these are both in. Do the line first and then go to the mask bit and end that shit. I know I'd be instantly aroused.

iirate

Haha, I was a pretty good MWDA player back in the day, but I played a little HC as well. I find it a little crazy that the game is still going a decade later. Also, holy crap at Alfred having such high stats; they're on par with Gordon's, and even he seems high. Is that just from power creep over the years? I know Alfred is extremely well-trained, but at his age, I'm a little shocked they gave him stats above a GCPD Riot Officer.

Dommo

For all the trailers I've watched over the years I've never known this: How long after its cinema release does it usually take for a trailer to be officially released online? I'm not in the mood to watch The Avengers and I want to know how long I'm gonna be holding out while everyone else is getting all moist.

Haha, I was a pretty good MWDA player back in the day, but I played a little HC as well. I find it a little crazy that the game is still going a decade later. Also, holy crap at Alfred having such high stats; they're on par with Gordon's, and even he seems high. Is that just from power creep over the years? I know Alfred is extremely well-trained, but at his age, I'm a little shocked they gave him stats above a GCPD Riot Officer.

He was in fucking Burma. You know who else survived Burma?

rambo-video-game.jpg

Don't fuck with Alfred. He will smash your head in and leave you in front of a burning mansion that immediately collapses on top of you.

If Bruce wasn't around and didn't have his no killing rule, Alfred would have offed every single mobster in the city.

harry-brown-21.jpg

For all the trailers I've watched over the years I've never known this: How long after its cinema release does it usually take for a trailer to be officially released online? I'm not in the mood to watch The Avengers and I want to know how long I'm gonna be holding out while everyone else is getting all moist.

I'm sure it'll be out the following week. I would be willing to bet on Monday, but surely by the end of the week at the latest.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Usually a week or two. Depending on how terrible studios are at marketing.

Holy crap, hahahahahahahaha

So... question: Is Batman blamed for Harvey Dent's death as well you think? Would it be ruled an accident? A suicide? Homicide? Succumbing to his injuries? I wonder how that's explained.

If Batman is blamed for Dent's death as well, that would explain why eight years on the city "reviles" him.

Yeah, I was reading some threads on SHH. Got me thinking.

Holy crap, hahahahahahahaha

So... question: Is Batman blamed for Harvey Dent's death as well you think? Would it be ruled an accident? A suicide? Homicide? Succumbing to his injuries? I wonder how that's explained.

If Batman is blamed for Dent's death as well, that would explain why eight years on the city "reviles" him.

Yeah, I was reading some threads on SHH. Got me thinking.

I had assumed he would be publicly blamed for it, but it would be an odd thing to pin that on him as well now that I think about it. The other deaths would make sense since I assume they told everyone he was killing dirty cops, which kind of softens the blow. So it'd be different to sell the public on the idea of him having killed a completely innocent hero like Dent. Guess we'll find out in a few months.

T Dollarz

Holy fuck, other people know about Heroclix?! My mind is blown. Me and my friends were so into that shit in middle school. I would love to post my collection sometime. Used to hit up tournaments at the local comic shop on weekends. Great times.

.GqueB.

Banned
I can't shake the feeling that this movie is going to be disappointing. Like not terrible or anything but just not quite coming together like it should. I dunno, maybe I just feel that way because it's the 3rd movie. Or because of Catwoman's costume.

That's my main gripe. Her more recent costumes have been very realistic and grounded and would work fine in Nolanverse. It looks so plain and boring in this movie.

I suppose Nolan wants to just imply she's catwoman. I doubt they'll out and out say it. Nolan seems to be picking and choosing what he deems appropriate for the tone he's going for. Which is fine, but can sometimes be off the mark.

Sanjuro

So I heard Whedon is better than Nolan. What say you, GAF?

I'm surprised by the decent reception so far. After butchering Wonder Woman, I figured Whedon's only claim to fame was using B-List actors and quirky dialog, turning off the masses.

I'm surprised by the decent reception so far. After butchering Wonder Woman, I figured Whedon's only claim to fame was using B-List actors and quirky dialog, turning off the masses.

Avengers is a fantastic campy romp, I enjoyed the hell out of it. But Whedon still has little in the way of visual flair.

Batman actually DID kill Dent, though.

Yeah, I know. But, you can't tell the public why. So do you hide the fact all together, or paint Batman as a murderer? With the other killings you could just say he went too far by killing the mob and dirty cops. Dent would be different in that he wasn't dirty at all as far the the people know. Batman could still garner the support of citizens with only the other killings pinned on him, seeing as that's not going any further then the fake Batmen running around at the start of the movie blasting drug dealers with rifles.

Perhaps the explanation could be that: Batman began killing the mob and corrupt cops, Dent escapes the hospital to stop him and is accidentally killed or succumbed to his injuries in his noble pursuit. He would remain a hero in the eyes of the people and Batman would be vilified as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom