• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division - 15 minutes of new gameplay

ViciousDS

Banned
Does the season pass content list anything? This game is going to be destroyed critically if the end-game content is simply higher health/damage enemies.

Personally, I'm most interested in the PVP anyways, so the end-game content is irrelevant.

It lists that armor/gear set I think it's hazmat.....other Then that ....nope. But dark zone end game only equals instant no buy. I'm not interested in PvP. Glad you are though....because it means I expect videos and screenshots from your rig hahahah

0racle

Seriously dark zone is the meat and potatos of the game? It felt like a pointless grind....moreso than other pointless grinds in pointless grindy games.

Smash88

Banned
Does the season pass content list anything? This game is going to be destroyed critically if the end-game content is simply higher health/damage enemies.

Personally, I'm most interested in the PVP anyways, so the end-game content is irrelevant.

Based on what I'm reading:

"Tom Clancy’s The Division Will Not Include Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island & Final Map Size Revealed"

https://division.zone/2016/01/16/to...nx-and-staten-island-final-map-size-revealed/

Looks like they are saving portions of the map for DLC and took some out of what was originally planned.

Original:

1fpnV3D.jpg

Final:

ZoZuvKv.jpg

GHG

Guys, anywhere I can preorder the PS4 version to get the beta code? If I preorder it on PSN will I get the code?

Amazon.

I did it on amazon.co.uk and they send me my code within minutes. You can also cancel your pre order with them easily as they wont charge your card until the game ships.

Smash88

Banned
It won't have Brooklyn? What the hell man.

Welcome to the land of DLCs.

This is concerning. Size wise how much bigger is it than the alpha?

"What you guys here have seen today is pretty much the extent of the open world of our game.
Magnus Jansén, Creative Director"

In reference to the final picture I linked above.

Here is the source video the article linked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22628ymhE3Q

40 seconds in.

The alpha I'm not sure about, I'll try to find out.

EDIT: Found the alpha map:

raUDMu5.jpg

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceuh5frqnKg

0racle

Welcome to the land of DLCs.

"What you guys here have seen today is pretty much the extent of the open world of our game.
Magnus Jansén, Creative Director"

In reference to the final picture I linked above.

Here is the source video the article linked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22628ymhE3Q

40 seconds in.

The alpha I'm not sure about, I'll try to find out.

EDIT: Found the alpha map, it's the same as final:

raUDMu5.jpg

Yeah im wondering about what they saw. I cant find a map of the alpha but if its the same size.....we will have a problem.

I sense a vanilla destiny issue here.....

M.W.

I thought the map size in the alpha was pretty decent. Good to see the final map is quite large.

ViciousDS

Banned
You could see the map from levels 1-30 in the alpha......you just couldn't go there. Only 10% of the PvE map was even open....every section is roughly 2 levels increase with I think some later zones offering 1 level. It wasn't a small map walking wise.
Plus there were sewers locked out, subways, rooftops for some buildings there is verticallity in quite a few areas as well.

Amazon.

I did it on amazon.co.uk and they send me my code within minutes. You can also cancel your pre order with them easily as they wont charge your card until the game ships.

Good. Because I live in Brazil and it will be like 130 US$ to send the game lmao

Grief.exe

In one of the Division videos I saw that the Dark Zone had a level range to keep everything fair, in that example the Dark Zone was limited to squads of level range 20-24.

Would be interesting to see Division Twink squads similar to Dark Souls or World of Warcraft.

Smash88

Banned
I just can't wait to test out the Beta and try it on Ultra.

I'm a huge Massive Entertainment fanboy. Ground Control and World in Conflict (one of the best RTS games ever made - if not the best) was my life during my teen years.

I trust them to make an awesome game.

It also helps that Destiny paved the way on how not to do those type of games.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wait what the fuck, E3 2013 gameplay map is included in the final game or not?
Because that was the same as the Silent Night trailer, no?
And the season pass is 30$? That's not too bad, I guess. Could be worse, $50.

Downgrade is obvious, but I hope the GAME is actually good and not a let down like Watch_Dogs was. As long as the game is fun and runs steadily, I'm all in. Its been a while since I played a MMO, besides Tree of Savior.

Honestly, the cost of a PC port would have been negligible in contrast to the entire development budget.
I almost guarantee that Activision saw their abysmal sales of Call of Duty on PC and thought that this was a similar product and not worthy of resources.

They aren't necessarily wrong in their thinking. Mainstream shooters with exceedingly simple mechanics do sell pitifully on PC Titanfall, Hard-line, COD, Battlefront, etc are no where near their console counterparts in sales or player base.
I would argue that Destiny has enough mechanics from popular PC games to bridge that gap however, loot games sell like crazy on PC (Diablo, Borderlands, etc) and MMOs are huge on the platform (despite Destiny being more of an MMO-lite).

You also have to take into account what Bungie was willing to handle. They already grew the staff massively to make Destiny on the consoles it was released on, but then adding even more staff take make the PC version, their ongoing salary throughout the life of the game and all that comes with that just may have pushed them to a point budget or even just plain physical space wise that they didn't want to go.

I can't imagine that Activisions influence would reach that far seeing as Bungie isn't a wholly owned studio, they just have a Publishing deal for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw8ZlbQ5II4

PC Version set on Low settings running on a 650Ti

PC Version Video Options: (in case video gets taken down)
Vsync (on/off)
Frame Rate Limit (on/off)
Shadow Quality
Shadow Resolution
Spot Shadow Count
Spot Shadow Resolution
Contact Shadows
Post FX AA
Temporal AA
Sharpen Image (%)
Particle Detail
Enable Wind-affected Snow
Volumetric Fog
Reflection Quality
Local Reflection Quality
Sub-surface Scattering
Anisotropic Filtering
Parallax Mapping
Ambient Occlusion
Depth of Field
Object Detail (%)
Extra Streaming Distance (%)
Chromatic Aberration (on/off)
Lens Flare (on/off)
Vignette Effect (on/off)
I say god damn! Massive haven't betrayed their PC roots.

nothing worse than faux outrage over "downgrades".

Serious. I automatically lose a lot of respect for anyone who even uses that word.

Downgrade from what? The game isn't final. They aren't plastering the 3 year old concept at everyone today to sell the game of what it looks like now.

What matters is the final product and how they portray it at launch. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand the world and should learn something.

Everyone would be like OMG it looks so good if they never saw that 3 year old video. People have unrealistic expectations for a 3 year old video.

It's a ubisoft game so we won't get to discuss the game until all the drive by "downgrade" and concern shit post trolling is over. Wish we had a "all downgrade discussion here" thread.
Ubisoft constantly pulls this bs and moreso than any other company, so I don't see why it shouldn't be mentioned. Just scroll down further if a post that states facts bothers you so much.

I was really hyped for this game when it was first released, but I think I will wait for player impressions/reviews before deciding to buy this when it releases.

Dynoro

No we where talking about the red outline. That was the section including some part of the darkzone that was in the alpha. :)
Or do you mean that?

My understanding was that the total area between the top and bottom white lines is the alpha and full game, the red area (inside that) is the dark zone.

ViciousDS

Banned
heres a really good quality pic of the alpha map.....its exactly the same as beta according to the videos. I could even scroll through and find the zones you take in order to level from 1-30

That monster orange section....is ALL dark zone

divisionmapeis0t.png

Dynoro

Correct abit. But what is outlined as red was playable in the alpha. :)

kinda sorta right

raUDMu5.jpg

in this image you see ( in addition to the red/orange dark zone ) and perimeter on the south west portion of the map that was outlined with a red boarder.

that red boarder was the alpha.

In the alpha you only got to experience 1/3 of the dark zone and about 20% of the PVE area.

Ah sorry, my mistake. I didn't see the area so well on the first image but ViciousDS' image shows it much clearer.

0racle

In the Angry Joe video the Ubisoft rep states that the red area is the Dark Zone, the rest of the map is the alpha and full game (non-Dark Zone) area.

kinda sorta right

raUDMu5.jpg

in this image you see ( in addition to the red/orange dark zone ) and perimeter on the south west portion of the map that was outlined with a red boarder.

that red boarder was the alpha.

In the alpha you only got to experience 1/3 of the dark zone and about 20% of the PVE area.

etta

my hard graphic balls
heres a really good quality pic of the alpha map.....its exactly the same as beta according to the videos. I could even scroll through and find the zones you take in order to level from 1-30

That monster orange section....is ALL dark zone

divisionmapeis0t.png

So this is just for the Alpha, and the full game is bigger? I'm confused about the Brooklyn/E3 2013/Silent Night trailer area.

ViciousDS

Banned
So this is just for the Alpha, and the full game is bigger? I'm confused about the Brooklyn/E3 2013/Silent Night trailer area.

that map that you see white outline....is the base game. Brooklyn and other stuff.....is most likely DLC. We probably have another Destiny on our hands where we get videos of other places that don't even come until the damn DLC drops. Think about it 20% of the PvE map was available for alpha.....this is not going to be as big as we thought outside of wandering and exploring. The only thing keeping people active is the fact that opening loot caches and boxes give loot. It's more loot centric than destiny is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/417y97/tom_clancys_the_division_will_not_include/

reddit responses sum up my feelings as well.....wtf XD

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I dislike some changes done to the game's presentation. I think visually it's a step back. I loved the map when the game was first revealed, how it is now, it looks a lot more simplistic but then again maybe it's more intuitive, user friendly and functional.

Animator

that map that you see white outline....is the base game. Brooklyn and other stuff.....is most likely DLC. We probably have another Destiny on our hands where we get videos of other places that don't even come until the damn DLC drops. Think about it 20% of the PvE map was available for alpha.....this is not going to be as big as we thought outside of wandering and exploring. The only thing keeping people active is the fact that opening loot caches and boxes give loot. It's more loot centric than destiny is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/417y97/tom_clancys_the_division_will_not_include/

If you were to compare to destiny maps how big is that alpha section in comparison? Bigger/smaller than say cosmodrome?

Theorry

Well the beginning of the game starts somewhere else. You fly in from a heli after something happenend. Maybe Brooklyn is like that first GTA 5 mission?

MrBlonde

Can someone tell me if the whole campaign is snowy and Christmas lights, I loved the way that looked in the one video I watched

Smash88

Banned
Well the beginning of the game starts somewhere else. You fly in from a heli after something happenend. Maybe Brooklyn is like that first GTA 5 mission.

Could be, but I honestly believe it will be DLC. It looks like they had a good chunk of it done during that first E3 gameplay showing. No way they would throw that much work out the window.

Biggest sadness is not being able to take a dump and fly around like Chris on my tablet pew pewin people. :p

Here is where you start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3T9W2usuzc&feature=youtu.be

Does anyone from New York know if that is in/near Brooklyn?

Top Bottom