• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division : Beauty in the small things

Symphonia

Banned
Certainly is one of the best looking games of this generation so far. Really impressed that all the footage in that video is from the PS4 version. Can only imagine what it will look like on ultra settings for PC. On a sidenote, that music in the video - what is it? I recognise it from somewhere.

He forgot to shoot at car wheels. They aren't rocks as in the other games, in the beta they behave as you would expect. Just like in the E3 demo.
Awesome, cool.

Please... DON'T DO THIS... again 😣
Oh I wasn't trying to start any of that downgrade nonsense. Was honestly just asking. I actually think it looks very close.

This is my personal opinion: I think it holds up quite well to the E3 demo.
I agree.

Hyun Sai

It is a pretty game and full of atmosphere and details. I would be there day one if I didn't feel like it belongs in that bad gunplay thread.

Yeah, too bad I don't really care for the "small things". All the negative feedback about the gunplay is much more worrying.

Haunted

s7jeuAz.png

Sure, dude. Sure.
Why would you post a Youtube comment here. Don't bring that shit here.

tioslash

That is definitely an impressive engine. Quite surprised at the amount of attention to detail they´ve put into this. When you take into account all the little things showed in the video and much more, it really adds up to the immersion. Small things like that most of the time goes unnoticed, but I love this kind of stuff.

Had a blast playing the beta and will pre-order the game for sure.

I have to imagine that the servers they're using, and how they designed their game to take advantage of them is a huge part of the reason for all these fine details. The servers are being used in a way together with the game's engine to produce what we're all seeing.

Maximo

I think he means other aspects of the game.

Yeah should have chosen my words more carefully, the detail is amazing its just I didn't find the beta all that interesting. Of course a beta doesn't fully reflect how the full game will turn out I just personally wish more effect was put into the actual Gameplay.

16BitNova

The way the glass breaks according to how its shot was awesome. As well as the dents on the opposite side of thin metal where shot. Very nice stuff here.

Cleve

In addition to the visuals, the sounds you get for shooting surfaces (and blowing out tires in particular) are great.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Yeah should have chosen my words more carefully, the detail is amazing its just I didn't find the beta all that interesting. Of course a beta doesn't fully reflect how the full game will turn out I just personally wish more effect was put into the actual Gameplay.

Fair enough. Just understand the gameplay is complex, deep mechanics, multiple classes, levels, perks, weapons, mods, buffs, ammo types, made types, armors, etc etc.

The gameplay is very "detailed". If it is not to your preference and you don't find it interesting, that's fine.

But I think it's a tad insulting to the developers who have been working on this game in some form for the past 6 years or so to say they didn't put any attention on the gameplay.

The gameplay seems pretty refined, and I still think it's impressive that they had such a clear vision of what they wanted to do gameplay wise back in 2013. Aside from the tablet stuff, almost all of the gameplay is intact.

Keep in mind, the Total dev time for some games, from scratch to gold, is 3 years. So for them to have that clear of a vision, and adhere to it, over a lengthy dev time is impressive.

Fair enough. Just understand the gameplay is complex, deep mechanics, multiple classes, levels, perks, weapons, mods, buffs, ammo types, made types, armors, etc etc.

The gameplay is very "detailed". If it is not to your preference and you don't find it interesting, that's fine.

But I think it's a tad insulting to the developers who have been working on this game in some form for the past 6 years or so to say they didn't put any attention on the gameplay.

The gameplay seems pretty refined, and I still think it's impressive that they had such a clear vision of what they wanted to do gameplay wise back in 2013. Aside from the tablet stuff, almost all of the gameplay is intact.

Keep in mind, the Total dev time for some games, from scratch to gold, is 3 years. So for them to have that clear of a vision, and adhere to it, over a lengthy dev time is impressive.

You sound like a shill...;p jk

Any was, I hope solid feedback driven tweaks and balance passes will help improve whatever problems people have with gameplay. Especially with gun play, i mean its good but it could be a lot more initiative and guns could react a bit less then they do, and should only have that much recoil if the user is a amateur or the gun really is that recoil heavy. Which is noticeable when you are trying to control it and then aim to kill enemies or another players its a bit floaty, has to much drag. Plus the stabilizing attachments in the beta didn't give a big enough boost to help it much.

Also couldn't tell weapon to weapon if there is any real difference but it was only beta/demo.

majik13

yeah first thing I notices was how interactive the environment was. Didnt notice all these little details though. Hopefully the gameplay lives up to this. Not completely sold after the beta.

Prob couldnt have spent a little less time on shooting signs. And instead show blowing up car tires, or shooting at explosive tanks or something.

Massive is a studio that is on my radar for the future. What they have accomplished in terms of technical prowess is amazing. This engine is incredible.

I really appreciate it when Devs really care to put in little details like this. Good chance they might be missed or never noticed, but I always admire the ones that take the extra effort to include little details.

M.W.

I wish the destruction stayed. Doesn't it regenerate once you get a few feet away from it?

Why are people saying the Gunplay is bad? I played the Beta and had no problem with the gunplay. It feels like a pretty good 3 person shooter with good cover mechanics.

bones123

Wow. I might have to consider making this a Day-2 purchase if the reviews are good and the community isn't Titanfall-tier. I love me some looter shooters.

diaspora

This has bad gunplay? Why didn't they just cut and paste the shooting from Watch Dogs?

I think the gunplay is fine, the main departure at least compared to Watch_Dogs is in the nature of it being an RPG so it takes longer to kill enemies.

Looks like what I would want from a new Max Payne game a la MP1 and MP2.

But the game itself doesn't look very interesting to me.

That was really impressive and thanks for sharing. A lot of detail I certainly overlooked in game. Made me realize how much I missed and that I need to slow down more while playing games.

Amazing. I liked the "eye squint." Just wow.

Top Bottom