• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division : Beauty in the small things

That's impressive, thanks for sharing the vid. The tiled pillar in the subway was cool, I don't think I've ever seen a game handle the destruction of individual tiles before with that granularity using just a shader. I was also really impressed with the billowing ripple normal map effect when he shot the sandbags and the busted pixels on the LCD street sign. It's not like those effects really get reused on other common materials throughout the game, someone set them up specifically for those few edge case object types.

Jedi2016

There's certainly nothing wrong with the tech, that's for sure. The gameplay just doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy. *shrugs* Maybe they'll use the engine, or at least parts of it, on other projects.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Is it me that feels like Ubisoft has pushed out some extra incentive for people to promote this game?
I would seriously recommend checking out the views of his other videos before making such claims. The most logical conclusion is that the game is quite good and had a recent beta so people are talking about it. No need for conspiracy theories.

GHG

Is it me that feels like Ubisoft has pushed out some extra incentive for people to promote this game?

Yes. All of us who liked the game based on the beta and can appreciate things like this in games are shills.

jvsIqgz.gif

This guy, so i guess if you like a ubisoft/massive game and like talking about it we are shills got you and they have giving us incentive.....go get you're brain checked buddy.

We liked the game. That's a thing.

ironcreed

Banned
I sadly missed the beta, but I have it pre-ordered and am beyond excited based off of everything that I have seen and heard. It has actually looked killer from day 1.

zkorejo

Looks amazing.

After keeping VERY low expectations for this one, I am actually pleasantly surprised by the good impressions here on NG.

I guess I am buying this and renewing my ps plus on march. Looks like I may enjoy this one if there is less grind and better loot (without the RNG) than Destiny.

I sadly missed the beta, but I have it pre-ordered and am beyond excited based off of everything that I have seen and heard. It has actually looked killer from day 1.

I missed it too, and frankly thought it looked instantly forgettable from the coverage I'd seen of it at E3 and pre-beta.

Since the positive impressions though I've watched a tonne of beta videos, read a load of impressions and done a bit of a shallow dive into the game's features. Avoiding things like the Skills video though would like things like that to be a surprise when I play it.

Is every level of every weapon locked to certain stats, or can they change around a bit? Like, will an unmodded level 5 SCAR have the exact same stats as everyone else's? If so, it'll be interesting to see how they avoid a certain weapon becoming a factual best in class. Semi-random effect perks locked to high level weapons maybe.

edit: oops, forgot this isn't the beta thread

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

It's just you. The beta was great, the engine is great, the concept is awesome.

People are hyped. Rightfully so.

Will everyone love it? No. Of course not.

But here will be a ton of people who really enjoy this game.

Sanpei

Beta was enough for me...I am not sure if i want to buy it...Content is importan...And i didnt like the enemy types on this game...

Rockondevil

Great video. I found a lot of the amazing physics in the video, but not all. They've really done a great job with the engine.
I really enjoyed the beta and I hope the full game ends up being at least as good.

It's a shame though because I know quite a few people who don't follow the game as closely as I have that still think the game doesn't look as good now as it did in the E3 trailer. Sure maybe light isn't shining through the holes in a billboard or closing car doors with your hand, but they've done a great job. Hopefully more people start to realise this because I want it to be successful.

Portman

Neat video. Reinforces my desire to get the game after seeing all the attention to detail the developers were able to add. Always gives me the impression that they cared about the game and were allowed to take their time instead of being rushed.

Top Bottom