• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division beta pushed back, Xbox One Alpha test Dec 9-12

Ricker

I pre-ordered it just so I could get the beta access.
Keeping my pre-order after playing the alpha/beta.
Will mainly be playing it solo, seems like a decent RPG shooter.
I'm scared of the dark zone though!

You don't have to go to the Dark Zones though if you want no...? can you just play this without ever doing PvP if you whish...?

Do the main mission again on hard.

There's the Darkzone which I just started, it all seems to be run to Evac points but I'm not quite sure what to do when I'm there? 'Tis weird how it has it's own levelling, I guess thats a PvP level, although there doesn't seem to be much PvP unless someone goes hostile?

Side missions, explore. DZ

I tried the
missing person of the lady who comes off the intro helicopter with you but it seems to lead nowhere? Started the holo-recording thing and it's not creating any new quest markers for me. Not sure if a bug or not.

Bsigg12

There's the Darkzone which I just started, it all seems to be run to Evac points but I'm not quite sure what to do when I'm there? 'Tis weird how it has it's own levelling, I guess thats a PvP level, although there doesn't seem to be much PvP unless someone goes hostile?

I tried the
missing person of the lady who comes off the intro helicopter with you but it seems to lead nowhere? Started the holo-recording thing and it's not creating any new quest markers for me. Not sure if a bug or not.

It's an alpha. Not every quest line is in this build.

jesu

You don't have to go to the Dark Zones though if you want no...? can you just play this without ever doing PvP if you whish...?

Oh yeah, I'm just pointing out how scary the DZ is for a solo player.
The main game seems great though, even if you play it solo.
And you can easily match make with randoms too for story misions, if you wish, unlike certain other MMO lite shooters!

I tried the

You have to go in the circle and hold a button to call the helo. Then every jackass in the area will come and try to kill you.

jesu

I tried the

You can finish that one in the Alpha.
I got lost after stage 2 but stage 3 had started unbeknownst to me, check your map if that is where you are.

You can finish that one in the Alpha.
I got lost after stage 2 but stage 3 had started unbeknownst to me, check your map if that is where you are.

I'm just at the place where it first starts and
you can replay them talking, something about her wanting to go across the street to meet her sister and then just nothing, I've exhausted all the 'audio tape' type things and nothing has popped up. As soon as I go out of the 'zone' (to presumably cross the road) it closes the holo-people for me.

Archpath1

you can replay them talking, something about her wanting to go across the street to meet her sister and then just nothing, I've exhausted all the 'audio tape' type things and nothing has popped up. As soon as I go out of the 'zone' (to presumably cross the road) it closes the holo-people for me.

check the line markers, might be different location

jesu

The guitar bit?
Does she not say she is going back to her flat?
You check the map and you have a new way point to her apartment
It was after that I got lost, then I checked the map again.

cackhyena

I have 50 minutes of direct footage.....but can't show it to you :(

Remove the NDA ubi! See all the preorders you getting due to hype!!!!

3193923440.png

Yoday

I just hope the best loot can't only be found in the DZ.

I know in one of the interviews they said the most valuable loot was left there due to the military abandoning it.....but I'm hoping he somehow have alternative ways to finding the best guns. The best guns should be reserved for dungeons/raids if they exist. Maybe even let us find gun parts......because of the games down to earth approach we could find gun stocks, barrels, chambers, body's, grips, triggers, receivers and eventually when you get all the parts to one gun you are able to craft it.

This game could have a killer crafting system with making guns outside of just the standards mods to the guns.

No matter what though, I despise PvP for the most part and always will. When I was 13.....yes it was cool....but I don't feel like working 11 hour days to go into the dark zone to get ganked and lose something I found to find out I got nothing completed or done for the night.

I've played mmorpg's for 14 years. You name any major release and I've played it. At this point its all about the PvE content with some organized PvP on the side. Limiting loot or gear to a certain mode though creates problems. Giving players options to level up or get their gear in the DZ or open world through different methods keeps both sides happy.

PvP'ers can go do what they want in the DZ ganking people everytime a flare hits the sky, while players like my friends and I can just chill, relax and explore the outside world looking for gun parts.....etc.
I agree, and honestly I think it is a huge mistake to not separate PVE and PVP gear. Forcing people to play a mode they don't like on order to get the best gear for the mode they do like never ends well. It only works in Destiny because outside of Iron Banner everything is normalized. Locking the absolute best gear in the game behind PVP is a really great way of pissing off a huge amount of your player base.

ViciousDS

Banned
Alright I'm good till beta.....we gave no shits for the last 50 minutes shooting anything and everything in the DZ. We failed hardcore because 5 friends managed to get in the same instance.

Dying as a rogue though would suck if you care about pvp.

shingi70

Banned
This game is amazing. The dark zone PVP sounds boring but it works so well and the map looks big as the Alpha parts are bigger than Destiny. Makes me hope D2 has something similar.

ViciousDS

Banned
Ah. Looks like the only way to get the early alpha code is at a retailer.

Alpha I think ends tonight....after that it's all about the betas. In interested in seeing how different everything is if we are running on a decently older build according to hitmann

A beta key is perfectly fine at this point.

Lord.of.War

Neo Member
Does it look as good as initial reveal? No. Do I have resentment and anger about that?

But obviously insecure enough to try and ridicule anyone who might dare to point out something questionable with Ubi's marketing practices right?

No. From the hours i've put into the alpha so far, i've found the game to be very fun and still look pretty damn good.

Did I say it wasn't fun? Although, with every Ubi game, I reserve judgment until trying it for myself.

I don't really care. You can have it out for them all you want, but aside from texture and resolution differences it pretty much looks like that on XB1. Any other differences are pretty minor and very likely part of higher settings on the PC. If you want to compare the Alpha to something then compare it to the XB1 version that they showed at this years E3.

So these screens, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188812652&postcount=953, look remotely comparable to what was shown at E3 2013? Okay then, you keep telling yourself that.

Why you comparing the pc build to the alpha of the xb1 build?

The PC version was only announced 6 months later after the reveal trailer, at E3 2013 this game was for all intents and purposes a console exclusive, so whichever way you cut it the trailer is not representative.

And then this disingenuous comparison, you really that going crossgen was the cause of WD's downgrade right?

Did I say cross gen was the cause? In fact none of my posts mention cross gen whatsoever, but merely point out that Ubi constantly misrepresents its games in reveal trailers.

It could looked incredibly similar if not identical to that first trailer, (performance probably wouldn't have been as good on consoles however), if they also didn't have to make it for last gen consoles.

It had nowhere near the fidelity of the reveal trailer on any platform.

I mean, ffs, Ubi released Unity and FC4 last year

Because those two games weren't complete shit buckets at all, especially on PC right. And Ubi was also fairly liberal in exaggerating the graphics of FC4 in trailers...

https://youtu.be/H7nfIu4Jo0g?t=2m14s

Bsigg12

Alpha I think ends tonight....after that it's all about the betas. In interested in seeing how different everything is if we are running on a decently older build according to hitmann

A beta key is perfectly fine at this point.

Me as well. The fact that the E3 build from this year was nearly a year old is crazy.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The PC version was only announced 6 months later after the reveal trailer, at E3 2013 this game was for all intents and purposes a console exclusive, so whichever way you cut it the trailer is not representative.
That doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the first demo was on pc. And that there was no way that this game wasn't going to get a pc port.

Did I say cross gen was the cause? In fact none of my posts mention cross gen whatsoever, but merely point out that Ubi constantly misrepresents its games in reveal trailers.
You should be saying that cross gen was the cause. That's quite literally the main reason why WD had to be downgraded.

Because it was a crossgen title.

Because those two games weren't complete shit buckets at all, especially on PC right. And Ubi was also fairly liberal in exaggerating the graphics of FC4 in trailers...
No they weren't, FC4 released with admirable performance on consoles. Unity was the only outlier, not to mention, they just released AC Syndicate, which has comparable visuals and a much better framerate right off the bat.
23185343199_7f60193ec3_o.jpg

Holy shit at this transparent agenda.

Yoday

But obviously insecure enough to try and ridicule anyone who might dare to point out something questionable with Ubi's marketing practices right?

Did I say it wasn't fun? Although, with every Ubi game, I reserve judgment until trying it for myself.

So these screens, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188812652&postcount=953, look remotely comparable to what was shown at E3 2013? Okay then, you keep telling yourself that.

https://youtu.be/H7nfIu4Jo0g?t=2m14s
Alighty man. There is no conversation worth having with someone that has such a clear agenda. Enjoy being angry at Ubisoft for making a dense and gorgeous game world that also runs really well.

Lord.of.War

Neo Member
That doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the first demo was on pc. And that there was no way that this game wasn't going to get a pc port.

Has everything to do with the fact that the reveal trailer was claimed to be representative of the console versions with no mention whatsoever of PC. Whether or not there was going to be a PC port was utterly irrelevant, and even then like many other Ubi games you can guarantee that the game won't actually look like that on PC.

Crossing Eden said:
You should be saying that cross gen was the cause. That's quite literally the main reason why WD had to be downgraded. It had nowhere near the fidelity of the reveal trailer on any platform. Because it was a crossgen title.

And that somehow excuses Ubi's practices? The game could never have looked that good because of cross gen? Even now current gen console hardware is holding back visual fidelity on the PC platform, is that going to be Ubi's excuse now for why future games don't match reveal trailers? Its an ass backwards excuse.

No they weren't, FC4 released with admirable performance on consoles. Unity was the only outlier, not to mention, they just released AC Syndicate, which has comparable visuals and a much better framerate right off the bat.

Are you really trying defend Unity in the state it was released across all platforms!? Wow. And again FC4 is another example of real world graphics not matching Ubi's trailers, it is that simple.

Holy shit at this transparent agenda.

You misconstrue facts for agenda, of course its very hard for you to explain away the very obvious differences in visual details isn't it.

Top Bottom