• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

dEvAnGeL

is there any way to upgrade to the gold edition on PSN? i have the regular edition preordered but after the beta i want to get the gold edition

Tovarisc

This needs to be fixed for the day 1 patch, or maybe is just an issue with the beta.

Similar thing was found in Destiny way back when they ran beta for it, it involves using sparrow to get through walls. To this day it's not fixed and you can go out of bounds quite easily in many places of all the planets. Obviously it doesn't affect PvP in any way in Destiny, but if not fixed this will be huge issue for Division's Dark Zone on all platforms.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Similar thing was found in Destiny way back when they ran beta for it, it involves using sparrow to get through walls. To this day it's not fixed and you can go out of bounds quite easily in many places of all the planets. Obviously it doesn't affect PvP in any way in Destiny, but if not fixed this will be huge issue for Division's Dark Zone on all platforms.

I think it'll be fixed at least in DZ area before launch.

george_us

Watching Beta footage has actually gotten me excited about this game. Gunplay looks much better than I initially thought, enemies aren't all that spongy, and the environments look really expansive. Probably won't grab it day one but I'll definitely keep my eye on it.

george_us

The more Beta footage I watch, the more this is creeping into day one purchase territory. The gunplay is much, MUCH better than I initially thought it would and the exploration looks great. I also appreciate just how seamless the experience seems to be. You aren't constantly going back and forth between loading screens every time you select a mission unlike Destiny.

I'm probably going to wait until I see impressions of the final retail build but damn this has come a long way. Now I wish I had signed up for the Beta.

A couple questions,

Can the HUD and visual blips (like cover doing that weird flicker as you hide behind an object) be toggled on and off?

Can I create a female player character?

Tovarisc

A couple questions,

Can the HUD and visual blips (like cover doing that weird flicker as you hide behind an object) be toggled on and off?

Can I create a female player character?

Most of HUD and visual aids can be turned off, yes. At least on PC.

Female characters are also option.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Turning off the hud is actually really smartly done here, as there's a setting that will only display hud elements during active combat. And it's good about getting it back off the screen quickly. It's very well done imo.

This is coming from a hud disabler, even if often to my own detriment at times.

Seeing a lot of people who seemed surprised at the prevalence of stats and RPG-elements in other threads/forums/podcasts. I don't really get it. I paid almost no attention to the game before the beta, and knew that there was a lot of focus on that stuff, and it'd have a big impact on the way the game plays.

finalflame

Seeing a lot of people who seemed surprised at the prevalence of stats and RPG-elements in other threads/forums/podcasts. I don't really get it. I paid almost no attention to the game before the beta, and knew that there was a lot of focus on that stuff, and it'd have a big impact on the way the game plays.

Starts and RPG elements are the reasons why I have the Gold Edition pre-ordered. I guess some people haven't been paying attention, but Ubi has set up the expectations for this game from the get-go, and it's exactly what they have been saying since it was shown at E3.

Tovarisc

Turning off the hud is actually really smartly done here, as there's a setting that will only display hud elements during active combat. And it's good about getting it back off the screen quickly. It's very well done imo.

This is coming from a hud disabler, even if often to my own detriment at times.

Only part of UI that automatically toggled on and off was that block containing ammo and HP information, did I miss some toggle that would have put radar etc. under that function too?

Only part of UI that automatically toggled on and off was that block containing ammo and HP information, did I miss some toggle that would have put radar etc. under that function too?

You can move the radar off screen regardless if multi- monitor is on or not. That's what i will do.

Only really need the big map and the scan for enemies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No those are hard toggles (if at all, I can't even recall if minimap was an option because I had that on for the beta, I forgot about that, sorry. Usually I disabled mm's but I had it there for the division)

mosdl

Very few cover-based shooters have heavy rpg elements and anything pre-beta that most people saw (E3 demos) didn't really focus on it, so people thought it was a typical shooter.

Badgerst3

I want this to be what destiny was not for me. Loved the beta and actually tend not to play many coop/mp type games. I get that this is a hybrid. Loved the dark zone its mechanics.

Ended up canceling my retail version of the game and ordered it digitally. I see it staying on my hd for some time.

Have the devs said anything about the input lag on PS4 yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/43eo1c/input_lag_on_ps4_if_your_aiming_feels_off_this/

Quite a few videos about this on youtube too. It's not uncommon for high profile like this to ship with input lag or bad controls (Killzone 2, Uncharted 3) so I hope they will attest to a fix being in the works. Otherwise I won't be buying.

Going to quote myself and ask this again because I don't think it's been emphasized enough.

deoee

I ditched my pre-order
for the gold edition
. I really needed to stop reading this thread.

DimpledSelfishHousefly.gif

T.O.P

Banned
Gold Edition pre-ordered as well

Gamesplanet price was too good to pass over, hoping to get the key a bit early for pre-load purposes

Ryuuga

Banned
Going to quote myself and ask this again because I don't think it's been emphasized enough.

This explains quite a bit about my experience with the beta. I'm not sure if this was always the case, but I did at points feel something was off when shooting. I'm hopeful it gets fixed in the final release though.

Klyka

Banned
I'm guessing it'll be upped in future expansions, but a 30 cap does make me think a player won't be able to specialize in all skills/perks, which is good.

levels have nothing to do with skills.

all players will eventually have all skills/all perks and all talents

skills and perks and such are exclusively linked to your base of operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom