• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division- new screenshots

Raven77

Ubi and their bullshots...

Hopefully they DID learn lessons from GTA V like they said. They need to up their game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That illuminated smoke/fumes.

On the other hand, the geometry on the streets looks quite simple. Should have more debris, accumulated trash, displaced elements that make it more alluring.

Is there release date/quarter for PC?

The debris and trash is still there. Look closely against the apartments in the background. These shots are just from angles where you don't see them as well as the reveal.

.la1n

Looking forward to this game more than any other from Ubi, just looks like a lot of fun to play with friends.

Skeff

Still doubt that it will be released this year.

Probably won't be with the Watchdogs delay, obviously different teams making it, but if Watchdogs is April and Assassins creed is October like usual, then this game would probably be shifted to 2015.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Y'all can doubt all you want. But this is Massive.

WiC was fucking beautiful. Even before the free post launch patch with DX10.1 features.

UnrealEck

People keep claiming these are too good for consoles and that they're PC shots even though Ubi said everything we've seen so far is running in engine!! Don't forget the PC version didn't even exist until recently!! I mean only time will tell, but they did say this will be one of the highest, most detailed games on ANY console... So I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

PC version wasn't announced until recently. In engine does not mean it was not running on a PC. Several "next gen" games shown off before the consoles came out were running on PC hardware.

MaLDo

Hmmmmmmm................the leg is not reflected in the water. Come on, Ubi. This is not acceptable.

I may have to reconsider my pre-order.

I think it's a space screen reflection of the leg just there. Splitted and shifted to the left, that's the common problem of ssr.

Gestault

I like simultaneous complaints of the images being bullshots (which they are), but also others with complaints that there's a shadow that looks like the kind of thing you'd seen in real-world play.

I don't see how a company can win. Ever wonder why marketing is so weird and fake?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
cant wat till this comes out and people shit themselves over graphics just like with crysis.

pc gamers always moan they want better graphics then when it comes they claim bullshots and other crap.

In the third screen: "Notice: keep door closed", brilliant.

I'm guessing going forward graphics are going to either be essentially photorealistic or deemed "X360 level". I don't see much of a middle ground except for stylized graphics.

Chettlar

Banned
The entire first week is just going to be me wandering around and shutting every car door I find lol.

It's probably a secret achievement.

Naw, it's actually the entire point of the game. That, and keeping the three little pigs safe fromt the wolf.

Grief.exe

My hype for this game died down rather quickly.

This is Ubisoft so the video and images shown so far are merely a target render and will not reflect the final product.
The PC version will be riddled with forced Uplay integration. People have enough trouble now just getting their games to run when they want them, let alone access to the online features which are spotty at best. Not a good start for a game that requires always online access.

Can't wait to play, but I was underwhelmed graphically after seeing Infamous so many times. I dunno, Infamous looks better then that in my opinion.

Do we have any sort of actual gameplay / story information?

Adry9

Wasn't the E3 demo on PS4 hardware? It looked pretty good if so, close to the quality of these screens.

yb05k2nh27oxjpg.gif

King_Moc

Banned
cant wat till this comes out and people shit themselves over graphics just like with crysis.

pc gamers always moan they want better graphics then when it comes they claim bullshots and other crap.

I'm not really certain what your point is? Most PC gamers in this thread are probably, like me, assuming that this shot is from a PC. If it's supposed to be from the console versions, then yes, it's a bullshot. Unless both consoles suddenly enabled a free 16x AA chip without telling anyone.

and why would you want anyone to not call bullshit on a bullshot for a console game anyway? Do you like being lied to? They're just trying to call out publishers on their shady advertising tactics.

Chabbles

Theres nothing better then playing in the snow, from a comfortable, warm armchair.

Game looks amazing. I wonder how close it will be to the "PS4 demo" they showed though.

I like simultaneous complaints of the images being bullshots (which they are), but also others with complaints that there's a shadow that looks like the kind of thing you'd seen in real-world play.

I don't see how a company can win. Ever wonder why marketing is so weird and fake?

Yup. It sucks that there is so much negativity surrounding the game, and Ubisoft, especially the delay rumors. Until said otherwise there is no need to discuss this rumors, and all this downgrade talk is starting to be super annoying.

Gurish

I can see they are still insisting on not showing us how the game will really look...

Will wait for the disappointing gameplay walkthrough couple of months before release, until than UBI will enjoy feeding us with this visuals to gather the necessary hype before they burst the bubble.

Top Bottom