• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division- new screenshots

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
BlW0zCSCQAATbtm.png:orig

This is still my number one pet peeve of this game.

Ok, we have 1 WTC that looks sort of ish correct. We have the Verizon building which looks.... well.. ugly, but so does the Verizon building. The Woolworth building which looks janky as fuck, and then not a single other lower Manhattan building I recognize.

Why can PGR on the 360 launch get lower Manhattan so accurate, and this game can't be bothered to try.

Those building models are PS2 level in the background. I just don't understand why they didn't spend more time there.
Like with Unity they probably look much better up close. If those buildings were fully rendered out I can't imagine a pc or console in this day and age that could run the game properly. Especially since they seem to be going for 1 to 1 or close to scale once again.

MaxiLive

Those building models are PS2 level in the background. I just don't understand why they didn't spend more time there.

LODs man, the LODs! Probably not enough time/man power to create high quality level of detail models and probably rely almost solely on automated systems to create them now. Similar type of thing to Assassin's Creed they are probably mostly computer generated including the distance of when the LOD should pop etc.

Also pretty early screenshots so hopefully it is something they tweak when they make it to the polish stage of the game but is very rarely Ubisoft games make it to that point :/

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
please don't come out absolutely downgraded and shit.

Please make this like farcry aka it works and looks pretty...
It's Ubisoft Massive, a completely unrelated studio to the studios that work on games like WD, AC etc. although they have assisted the development of some Ubi titles. Check their track record.

Skele7on

Banned
It's Ubisoft Massive, a completely unrelated studio to the studios that work on games like WD, AC etc. although they have assisted the development of some Ubi titles. Check their track record.

I have more faith then, did they work on the future soldier?

I loved that game!

God damn, those screenshots look pretty good. If Massive can deliver that IQ at 1080p and stable 30 fps on PS4, I will let them suck my wallet.

Corpsepyre

Banned
As good as these screens look, I just can't see myself getting excited for Ubisoft games anymore, sadly. Wish that wasn't the case as I used to wait anxiously for new Prince of Persia games back in the day.

I like how people are coming into this bumped thread thinking the screenshots in the OP are new and commenting based on that =)

CentroXer

Banned
BlW0zCSCQAATbtm.png:orig

This is still my number one pet peeve of this game.

Ok, we have 1 WTC that looks sort of ish correct. We have the Verizon building which looks.... well.. ugly, but so does the Verizon building. The Woolworth building which looks janky as fuck, and then not a single other lower Manhattan building I recognize.

Why can PGR on the 360 launch get lower Manhattan so accurate, and this game can't be bothered to try.

good job nitpicking on screens that are almost 1 year old.

vesvci

Banned
Game looks really good. I'll pick it up after me Ubisoft embargo ends late next year.

I wonder if they'll release the Ubisoft ACU or Ubisoft FC4 version of this game.

Top Bottom