• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division- new screenshots

thelastword

Banned
I'm sorry but these small screens don't do much for me, I think it was pretty impressive when it was shown, but less so now. Maybe it's because I've been privy to shadowfall and other next gen titles. Still it's ubi, so it will no doubt be an impressive open world game with very nice IQ.

New screens from their Twitter:
Bh5mCMRCMAAAkDl.png:orig

These two are older but I haven't seen them posted here.
Bhk_rmvCIAAfKVT.jpg:orig

BhA8jeeCYAAN0sP.png:orig

calder

Such an anticipated game for me, everything about it looks and sounds great. I have to kind of ignore it's existence because it's so far away.

Doesn't really matter what the game looks like at this point. I want to know what it is. Is it an online only MMO? Is there a single player? Does it play like a third person shooter? What will it run like when it isn't on a high powered PC? When is it actually coming out? I just feel like I know so little about this game. Ubisoft seems to have a lot of that going on right now.

cripterion

Looks better in motion than on screens but I'm really interested in the concept of this game. This is not coming this year anymore right?

It's not scheduled for calendar 2014.

ubisoft_release_dates.jpg

And honestly, if Watch Dogs and The Crew got delayed by >6 months, I doubt we'll see The Division this year.

Yep, they've said that they have 5 major (retail) games releasing this year, and we now know what they are. AC current/last gen, Just Dance, Watch_Dogs and The Crew. So, they just haven't officially said that The Division has been delayed.

Afrodium

Banned
If we don't see The Division this year then will Ubisoft have a big release for the holidays? I guess there's Assassin's Creed 50, but is there anything else? Maybe we'll have a better idea after E3.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
TangoAlphaLima said:
This definitely doesn't look like a bullshot.
You guys do realize the initial reveal looked the same - and that was playable, not screenshots.
I mean granted, the level-of-detail may get lost as you increase the scope beyond one small-area of the city, but that's not a problem of rendering it as such.

The premise behind this has me super hyped even if it doesnt look this damn good by release. I have always wanted a Socom style open world game that has co op elements or factions as displayed by the reveal trailer.

Mr.Mike

If we don't see The Division this year then will Ubisoft have a big release for the holidays? I guess there's Assassin's Creed 50, but is there anything else? Maybe we'll have a better idea after E3.

I'd imagine they wouldn't want to compete against themselves. The Division was probably pushed back after Watch_Dogs was pushed back so as to not eat into their own sales. I expect The Division in Spring 2015 (since AC always comes out during holidays)

Assassins Creed: Unity
Assassins Creed: for last gen consoles
The Crew

I guess they wouldn't mind pushing TheDivision over to 2015.

As has been mentioned, Ubisoft stated during their financial call that they have five major titles this year, and since AC 2014 is now two different SKU's we know what is releasing. And since The Division says 2014, it must mean fiscal 2014 (before March 2015).

And Ubisofts major title this year will be a build for next gen exclusive Assassins Creed game, which I'm pretty confident will re-ignite the franchise and make it become super big again (same with the new CoD, it's going to invigorate the brand big time).

nico1982

I feel like there is something wrong with me. I can't see what is so good about these screenshots.
For once, I really dig the artistic direction. Other than that, it is an open world shooter, so it might not look jaw dropping in an absolute terms, but once you consider the (alleged) scale it does look good, if not great.
Or maybe it is just me and my juvenile infatuation with the "car door video" XD

Even if it does reach those graphics (and Unity looks amazing on PC so it's certainly possible), I don't trust Ubisoft to deliver a solid performance with it.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
BlW0zCSCQAATbtm.png:orig

This is still my number one pet peeve of this game.

Ok, we have 1 WTC that looks sort of ish correct. We have the Verizon building which looks.... well.. ugly, but so does the Verizon building. The Woolworth building which looks janky as fuck, and then not a single other lower Manhattan building I recognize.

Why can PGR on the 360 launch get lower Manhattan so accurate, and this game can't be bothered to try.

Those building models are PS2 level in the background. I just don't understand why they didn't spend more time there.

Damn this bump, thought it was a new thread.

I hope i'm wrong here but let's be real, it's Ubi we're talking about here, the game could very well be 8 bit for all we know.

Top Bottom